World Cup Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

World Cup Thread

Some of the OG calls have been baffling. How is Kompany’s header that just happens to deflect off Fernandinho an own goal? Seems any deflection off a defensive player is judged so. By that logic Muslera should’ve got one too on Griezmann’s shot.

Belgium-France winner takes the World Cup.

Would love England to be the other team in the Final.
If Martinez wins this WC I don’t see how Spain doesn’t line up the brinks truck to be their next manager.

If Martinez wins this WC I don’t see how Spain doesn’t line up the brinks truck to be their next manager.

Agreed on both points. This is Belgium's cup to lose. But France will not be any easy out. It should be another fun match.

As for Roberto Martinez, he was someone I would have liked to get a shot as our USMNT coach. I'd be very surprised if Spain doesn't hire him sooner rather than later.

England should be up 3-0. Sterling blew two absolutely beautiful scoring chances. Should have passed to Kane on the second one. He's only the top goal scorer in the tournament. :rolleyes:

in all serious I like Gareth Southgate's approach to these games. I thought we might see Trent Alexander Arnold as a sub to "season" him for the future. He's been all business so far and the team knows it.

Edit: what I wouldn't give to be partying with those blokes on Croyden right now :)

England is totally getting a 2011 UConn NCAAT run of opponents.
Tunisia
Panama
They tanked against Belgium
Columbia without James Rodriguez
Sweden-QF
If it’s Russia OMG
Final has a real opponent though.
I wish them well though they need a good run.

Belgium England would be a great final. With no Italy and no usa I have kind of adopted the Belgians as my team they are fun to watch.

I'm so torn. I want Croatia to win, but I also kind of want to see how crazy the stadium would go if Russia scores.

Someday I hope to be at a huge outdoor watch party, and see USA win a huge World Cup game.

Croatia! That was an odd game...

If you mean SU, JBs a genius at it. He has a slide rule that tells him when lead and time left calls for stall ball. He’s almost always right.

Depends who's in his backcourt when he goes into that mode. And I've witnessed several times when it didn't work out very well.

While was kinda rooting for Russia, glad Croatia won. Makes for a much more entertaining semi with England. And oh how ironic that the most Russian of them all (idiot - not for soccer reasons - Mario Fernandes) goes from hero to goat. And Smolov’s PK was also pathetic. Some head scratching subs by Cherchesov too - of the 3 best players. The Russians blew a golden chance to advance.

Hopefully now the Potemkin Village propoganda and its glorification will cool off a bit. Surprised the infamous Gnatiuk (?) trio was there, though they weren’t rhythmically chewing as in the Spain match. Not sure all have seen it, but the Russians photoshopped the russki flag off their cheeks into the spanish one to pretend they were just some crazy spaniards having fun. It’s been viral since.

Despite the location, what a fun and unpredictable cup already. Personally rooting for Belgium-Croatia with Belgium winning it.

Sc
While was kinda rooting for Russia, glad Croatia won. Makes for a much more entertaining semi with England. And oh how ironic that the most Russian of them all (idiot - not for soccer reasons - Mario Fernandes) goes from hero to goat. And Smolov’s PK was also pathetic. Some head scratching subs by Cherchesov too - of the 3 best players. The Russians blew a golden chance to advance.

Hopefully now the Potemkin Village propoganda and its glorification will cool off a bit. Surprised the infamous Gnatiuk (?) trio was there, though they weren’t rhythmically chewing as in the Spain match. Not sure all have seen it, but the Russians photoshopped the russki flag off their cheeks into the spanish one to pretend they were just some crazy spaniards having fun. It’s been viral since.

Despite the location, what a fun and unpredictable cup already. Personally rooting for Belgium-Croatia with Belgium winning it.
Belgium's quick counterattacks could win them the Cup.

Sc

Belgium's quick counterattacks could win them the Cup.

If Belgium wins the cup a big reason will be because they have the best goalie in the WC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom