World Cup Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

World Cup Thread

How many fouls did Feliani get away with?
And of course he got tying goal.
How doesn’t he get booked more often.
Belgium-Brazil IMO is for all the marbles.

Great game. Gotta give Roberto credit for timely subs - changed the flow completely. And to the players - serious cojones and no panic. The Brazil 1/4 should be nice, but not so sure the winner takes all.

England deserved this.

Colombia was unraveling mentally. Instead of attack and finish them off, England set up shop and wanted to win 1-0. Almost bit them... badly.

Great to see 3 Lions finally win in PK’s. Kills that narrative and a lot of bad memories. For a moment, anyway.

Congrats England you exercised some demons and beat a team that didn’t deserve to advance.
Columbia was awful to watch so classless with the diving and cheap fouls.
England get to the Final men.

Monster win for the crown.

Could see them easily in F4 or better now that they won’t have to play with a monkey and a refrigerator on their backs.

England deserved this.

Colombia was unraveling mentally. Instead of attack and finish them off, England set up shop and wanted to win 1-0. Almost bit them... badly.

Great to see 3 Lions finally win in PK’s. Kills that narrative and a lot of bad memories. For a moment, anyway.

These teams that go up 1-0 with plenty of time left and then get very passive remind me of a certain college hoops program that goes into stall mode up 8 with six minutes to play.

Clear path for England to the Final. OTOH it's soccer.

Yeah I expect Croatia, assuming they advance, to give England (assuming they get by Sweden which won't be easy) all they can handle.

These teams that go up 1-0 with plenty of time left and then get very passive remind me of a certain college hoops program that goes into stall mode up 8 with six minutes to play.

If you mean SU, JBs a genius at it. He has a slide rule that tells him when lead and time left calls for stall ball. He’s almost always right.

Watched the England-Columbia game in Kitty Hoynes which was a lot of fun. Kept wondering what it would be like to be in a pub in England with the game on. Probably like our 2003 championship on steroids.

Watched the England-Columbia game in Kitty Hoynes which was a lot of fun. Kept wondering what it would be like to be in a pub in England with the game on. Probably like our 2003 championship on steroids.
Ya nothing compared to soccer in Europe those people are insane.

Better than Biergarten? I haven't been to the one in Syracuse for a match yet but the one in Albany was insane. My footage ended up in the viral celebration video of Landon Donovan's winner against Algeria. In the Confederations Cup game where we went up 2-0 on Brazil the USA chant was so loud the building was shaking. It was amazing.

Last edited:
Belgium looked great in the 1st half. Brazil has turned it up to start the 2nd half. That should've been a PK on the Kompany tackle attempt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom