Would Marrone leave for Tennessee? | Syracusefan.com

Would Marrone leave for Tennessee?

Glyou can never tell anymore, but god i hope not i knewcwe had the right guy in marrone and hope he here for a long time. Little worried since tennessee can be a appealling job with good amonlunt of money offered and a successful sec program

I don't know if Adkins wouldn't, though...

im pretty sure going to tennessee would nearly double doug's salary. so... yes?

I mean if he wants to take a vacation in the off season to Tennessee that's his choice and we shouldn't hold him back. Questionable vacation destination though imo.

He's not going to Tennessee. His wife, on the other hand...

Speculation has it's place on boards like this. But, unless you are living with the coaches mentioned in this post, how can some of you be so absolutely certain about who would leave if given offer X from team Y?

Better yet, where do you come up with some of this stuff?

No.

Only if the New York Giants came calling, then he'd consider it.
Regarding the PTG inclusion video. Thats how fast Prince wishes he was and at times "thinks" he does when he goes east west.BTW I would be shocked big time if Doug where to leave now. It seems that his work is beginning to pay off. Next season could be a whole lot of fun or a complete disaster. The competition will be a big step up in the ACC. There are a lot of pluses. But thats for after the bowl game.

im pretty sure going to Tennessee would nearly double doug's salary. so... yes?
No Job satisfaction trumps salary. He isn't being paid pauper minimum wage. He isn't a part of the 47% The guy loves what he is doing. How many here can say they love their job. I mean really love their job!

No Job satisfaction trumps salary. He isn't being paid pauper minimum wage. He isn't a part of the 47% The guy loves what he is doing. How many here can say they love their job. I mean really love their job!

you're right. seriously money isn't everything to everybody - and I can say that first hand.

Jon Gruden, Charlie Strong, Kirby Smart are the top 3 candidates so no I don't think Marrone will go Tennessee

Marrone hasn't accomplished what he set out to do at Syracuse yet. Ask again after our next undefeated season.

There was a very uneducated article written on Rivals about who should replace Derek Dooley. Their excerpt on Marrone said this... Very stupid.

Doug Marrone
Record: 22-25
Salary: $1.3 million
Coaching stops: head coach Syracuse (2009-present), offensive coordinator New Orleans Saints (2006-2008), offensive line New York Jets (2002-2005), tight end/offensive tackle Tennessee (2001), offensive line Georgia (2000), offensive line Georgia Tech (1996-1999), offensive line Northeastern (1994), offensive line Coast Guard (1993), tight ends Courtland State (1992)
Background: Marrone has plenty of ties to the south and the SEC. Marrone has coordinator experience at the NFL level and has three years head coaching experience taking his alma mater to a bowl game in his second season going 8-5.
Pros and Cons:With a win in their last two games, Marrone will take Syracuse to back to back bowl games for the first time since 1998-1999. Marrone only makes 1.3 million and has a small buyout. It's also believed that Marrone would like to get back to the South to coach. Marrone's wife is a native of middle Tennessee. The concern is the fact that Marrone doesn't have a winning record as a coach and could you sell Marrone to a fan base looking for a home run.

There was a very uneducated article written on Rivals about who should replace Derek Dooley. Their excerpt on Marrone said this... Very stupid.

Wow, I thought that Syracuse fans were the only ones who wanted to pretend that last season didn't happen, but I guess I was wrong since last year not happening is the only way Marrone has only three years of head coaching experience and our bowls being back-to-back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom