Would you want to play here? | Syracusefan.com

Would you want to play here?

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
You're a high level D1 athlete with your choice of schools. Would you want to play for SU at this time?

Yes. That’s what’s so frustrating. We have one of the best fan bases, great facilities, an awesome coaching staff and strong history. There is no reason for our recruiting to be as bad as it’s been lately.

Is Adam Weitsman providing bags? lol

No, in all seriousness YES, premier conference, largest venue in CBB, great fan support, great practice facility, winning tradition, 6th on all time wins list, won a national title this century, HOF coach who was involved in USA Basketball, 1st rd draft picks produced. So many things to sell. It shouldn't be a hard sell. Sanctions are over, Hop has been gone for a while now.

Last edited:
Yes. Wes, Flynn, Dion, Ennis, etc. all blew up here more than they would’ve anywhere else. Boeheim will ride his stars and give them every opportunity to shine. And really it goes way back to Douglas, Wallace, Moten, etc.

I’d suggest he got more out of Coleman and Owens(superior talents) than anyone else did too.

I might but I might not want my son to play here. Hate to say it but I would be concerned that he might be the chosen one - like a Roberson. I think Jimmy is a great coach and likely a better person. However, he can be over the top at times with how he handles certain players.

Need one more piece of info before answering: Am I the coach’s son or do I play his position or a position that might be affected by his lock on all the minutes at his position?

Sure. Most guys have enough confidence they think they will be one of the starters and if you are, you're looking at 35 minutes more than likely.

Meh this thread is an overreaction to yesterday’s game.

The theme of the day around here. Suddenly, our roster is full of kids not fit for D1 ball. How soon we forget that we lost 4 of our 5 starters, and were forced to start a freshman at PG who wasn’t supposed to have much of a role right away coming in.

If my goal is to become a high draft pick. No chance. If I want to play college ball with a cool environment and great academics yes. If I want to be a part of a team that’s gonna win a tonnnnn of games then no...if I’m a one and done type of talent no matter what, then possibly if I was given a lot of guarantees. Too many things to think about for yes and no

If my goal is to become a high draft pick. No chance. If I want to play college ball with a cool environment and great academics yes. If I want to be a part of a team that’s gonna win a tonnnnn of games then no...if I’m a one and done type of talent no matter what, then possibly if I was given a lot of guarantees. Too many things to think about for yes and no

JB has made a lot of fringe prospects a lot of money. Ennis, Mali and Lydon immediately come to mind. He gave them a lot of minutes. We should land guys ranked 20-80 for that reason.

The theme of the day around here. Suddenly, our roster is full of kids not fit for D1 ball. How soon we forget that we lost 4 of our 5 starters, and were forced to start a freshman at PG who wasn’t supposed to have much of a role right away coming in.
We weren’t forced to play him and his backcourt partner 40 minutes a piece though. That’s a choice.

JB has made a lot of fringe prospects a lot of money. Ennis, Mali and Lydon immediately come to mind. He gave them a lot of minutes. We should land guys ranked 20-80 for that reason.

Yup. And we had Wes go 4, Flynn go 6, Waiters go 4. None of those guys were top 5 recruits, yet they were all top picks.

I’d argue more top recruits (like Carmelo and Owens) should go to Syracuse. Look at how Boeheim featured those guys, and how high they got picked.

At Kentucky they’d play 24 mpg and average 12 and 6.

Would you want to play here?

not if i want backcourt minutes next couple years. they gone ! buddy for 45 ? in a non tourney game ? puhleeeez.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom