Wow, JB is coming out swinging | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wow, JB is coming out swinging

Only one impropriety will cost JB his job. He better be right.

Boeheim is not the judge and jury here. It's the police, DA, etc.

He's fiercely loyal and a friend. Love hearing it on many levels, but God forbid there is stuff HE doesn't know.

I just really truly hope what he says happens to be true. But this is not a basketball issue, so let's see.

I don't think this has anything [or at least, that it isn't remotely primarily about] loyalty--I think this is entirely about JB protecting himself, protecting his job, protecting his legacy, and bitchslapping down thinly veiled accusations that this was a rampant issue that he complicity turned the other cheek toward.

It was also very calculated, IMO.

Breathing alot easier since I saw this. Tomorrow JB comes out & attacks this thing head-on!
If there's one thing we know about the HOF'er, he's a fighter!

This is as serious a situation as it gets. I wouldn't mess with a situation as sensitive as this. Got it?
I don’t think I’d call this “messing” on any level.

Look, this story is as much about JB and his program as it is about Bernie at this point. Schwartz's over the top story has made it that way. What is JB supposed to do? Let ESPN dictate how this unfolds? Is he supposed to let them try to drag him into it? Not a friggin chance in hell. JB needs to come out with guns blazing.

So you're saying he should play man, not zone?

JB has put himself out on a limb with a saw, with his comments. If I were JB I would have said something like "I've known Bernie for 40 years, I've never, ever seen him act inappriately towards children and he has given me no indication that he is capable of such actions. However, we must honor the investigation and we will cooperate."

End of statement. Calling a potential victim of child abuse a liar is a very, very risky proposition.

JB has put himself out on a limb with a saw, with his comments. If I were JB I would have said something like "I've known Bernie for 40 years, I've never, ever seen him act inappriately towards children and he has given me no indication that he is capable of such actions. However, we must honor the investigation and we will cooperate."

End of statement. Calling a potential victim of child abuse a liar is a very, very risky proposition.

I think JB knows he's toast if there's any veracity to the allegation, so he feels he might as well show his hole cards on the flop. Given the 2003-05 allegations, and the uproar at PSU about "how could you let this go on for XYZ years", the public only needs to latch on to one tiny tiny warning sign that JB should have caught onto and its all over. Society obviously, and perhaps rightly, believes that "once a child abuser, always a child abuser", and the last 6-8 of inaction would have the public wondering how many more individuals were potentially harmed.

The problem with that approach is that there was an investigation in 2005 which JB knew about (Being sure that he was one of the interviewees). It's a reflection on his character if he suspected that there was any truth to the charges and allowed Bernie to continue with the program in any capacity (including running the basketball camp) or being around his kids.

The problem with that approach is that there was an investigation in 2005 which JB knew about (Being sure that he was one of the interviewees). It's a reflection on his character if he suspected that there was any truth to the charges and allowed Bernie to continue with the program in any capacity (including running the basketball camp) or being around his kids.

Agreed--his only play was to categorically deny.

Given the way those allegations were presented last night on national media, there isn't room for diplomacy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom