Class of 2023 - WR Bryce Cohoon (KS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/29/22) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 WR Bryce Cohoon (KS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/29/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see this -- was concerned [given how far away he lives] that he was a high-probability for flipping at some point, since he committed so early.

His status ended up being totally non-controversial.

He's going to be a stud.

Bring his dad along to help with S&C

Edit: Not sure if anyone else mentioned this but looking at the 100m records at Syracuse 10.57 would be the 5th fastest 100m in Syracuse history.

Last edited:
Bring his dad along to help with S&C

Edit: Not sure if anyone else mentioned this but looking at the 100m records at Syracuse 10.57 would be the 5th fastest 100m in Syracuse history.

Yeah dad hits the gym.

Watching that makes me remember how long 100 meters feels. Then you have those maniac 200m sprinters. They have missing screws.

I was weird, I loved the 200 and being on the very inside. I could see everyone in front of me and “pace myself” around the bend.

Kid has monster potential ... separation speed. Great to see him signed.
Yes because I was a bit worrry that K-State would wait to the last minute and then offer, and to be honest, I think he would have flipped. Reason being is that he would be closer to home and I do believe it is his favorite team. But I am SO happy we got him.

I’m with CIL here. Would love to see more than just deep routes. But we need someone to take the top off and open up the underneath. This kid can stretch the field.

He’s got no wiggle, so he’s an outside guy. Looks like he definitely makes adjustments to the ball. Haven’t seen him need to high point in the highlights.

Willing and able blocker, that helps a ton in Dino’s system.

Would think he gets on the field early because of our need for speed.

I’m with CIL here. Would love to see more than just deep routes. But we need someone to take the top off and open up the underneath. This kid can stretch the field.

He’s got no wiggle, so he’s an outside guy. Looks like he definitely makes adjustments to the ball. Haven’t seen him need to high point in the highlights.

high-five.gif

I didn't see a lot of great route running on his tape. Even his stop-and-go routes were ragged, and he was slow in setting up the turn. He's not going to trick any ACC defensive backs with that move.

I didn't see a lot of great route running on his tape. Even his stop-and-go routes were ragged, and he was slow in setting up the turn. He's not going to trick any ACC defensive backs with that move.
Well he’s got the measurables, the speed and the hands. Can’t teach physical attributes but you can teach route running.

Watched a few minutes of the Army HS all star game yesterday and his teammate QB Avery Johnson looks like the real deal.

This kid has some tools, but I agree that he has some things on film that make you cringe. First thing I noticed is his size, on film he looks smaller than his listed height and weight. Not a lot smaller but still worth noting. He's got some speed, there's no doubt about it. A few times you see him really hit the gas and accelerate and it's impressive. Might have something there. The thing that stuck out to me though is the times he is not showing off that speed. It's most plays, he looks like he's not playing at full speed, so I'm left questioning his effort. Is he a dog or is he just a gifted athlete who's listless and snowboarding through life?

Last thing are his skills, shows hands-catching but doesn't do it consistently, let's the ball come into his body too much. Flashes the ability to high point and make tough catches. And then route running. I agree his stem looks half-assed, there's a good example of this at the 2:15 mark of his senior highlights. He runs a little hook and go, but he doesn't sell the hook well, he just slows down and turns his body to the field. If you explode out of the route stem there, you force the db to react and you gain a tempo when you open up to run the go. He doesn't do this and even though he's fast enough to beat the db over the top, the db is able to recover because he bailed for the go early because he wasn't forced to take that extra half-second to react to the hook. What should have been a touchdown gets stopped at the 5. I say all that and then the very next play on film he does the exact opposite. He runs a perfect little whip route that creates a mile of separation because he sold the break in hard and then exploded out of the break. That was high level stuff.

Bottom line is this kid has the tools to be a very good wide reciever, no doubt one of ACC caliber. Whether he does the work to get there or not is up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.