Class of 2020 - WR Bryce Gowdy (FL) Verbal to Ga Tech | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 WR Bryce Gowdy (FL) Verbal to Ga Tech

No more name calling. If you can't respect another posters point of view put him on ignore. Next time you can't be civil with each other I'm sending all of you to your rooms for time out.

but MOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

I think Babers, the strength staff, etc., have done a great job coaching up what they have. They also picked up a few nice transfers to bolster the ranks in Robinson, Martin, and hopefully Adams, Alexander and Jackson. We had some great luck with injuries, and some of our opponents were in a tailspin last year.

You operate under this perpetual false equivalency that just because we are ranked, we are talented enough. I guarantee you that there isnt a coach on our staff that doesnt wish we could bring in more talent. They are offering highly thought of recruits for a reason. Berger is still a take, despite having two running backs verballed already, for a reason. There's no such thing in football as having a team that is too fast, too explosive, too strong, too fluid, etc.

Again, we do not operate in a vacuum. Just because we improved, doesnt mean FSU wont jump forward. Or Louisville. Clawson can coach. Doerean can coach. Miami and North Carolina are recruiting studs. Notre Dame and Clemson are pulling top 10 type classes. The improvement is obvious. I think Babers will have a winning program in perpetuity here now. But i think we need better players to become an annual top 25 team.

I love Taj Harris. I've been on record since I saw his HS film as saying he was the most athletic and talented receive we've had since Mike Williams (which pretty much puts him on par with any receive in my lifetime not named Marvin Harrison). It would be awesome to pair him with someone like Gowdy. Not to mention, the top kids want to play with other top kids. The gap between Gowdy and our other wide receiver recruits is immense.

I'm rambling ... here.

You are looking at our recruiting class and basically bashing it based purely on rankings of recruits from pay services that we know are biased ...
None of you are the arbiters of football, recruiting, talent level etc. get off your high horses.
I am the arbiter of determining which head coach gets credit for recruiting a player into a program, tbh.

This nesting thing is a trip.
I think it's for the birds.
Yeah, I have to say, not a big fan.

I think Babers, the strength staff, etc., have done a great job coaching up what they have. They also picked up a few nice transfers to bolster the ranks in Robinson, Martin, and hopefully Adams, Alexander and Jackson. We had some great luck with injuries, and some of our opponents were in a tailspin last year.

You operate under this perpetual false equivalency that just because we are ranked, we are talented enough. I guarantee you that there isnt a coach on our staff that doesnt wish we could bring in more talent. They are offering highly thought of recruits for a reason. Berger is still a take, despite having two running backs verballed already, for a reason. There's no such thing in football as having a team that is too fast, too explosive, too strong, too fluid, etc.

Again, we do not operate in a vacuum. Just because we improved, doesnt mean FSU wont jump forward. Or Louisville. Clawson can coach. Doerean can coach. Miami and North Carolina are recruiting studs. Notre Dame and Clemson are pulling top 10 type classes. The improvement is obvious. I think Babers will have a winning program in perpetuity here now. But i think we need better players to become an annual top 25 team.

I love Taj Harris. I've been on record since I saw his HS film as saying he was the most athletic and talented receive we've had since Mike Williams (which pretty much puts him on par with any receive in my lifetime not named Marvin Harrison). It would be awesome to pair him with someone like Gowdy. Not to mention, the top kids want to play with other top kids. The gap between Gowdy and our other wide receiver recruits is immense.

I'm rambling ... here.

You are looking at our recruiting class and basically bashing it based purely on rankings of recruits from pay services that we know are biased ...
None of you are the arbiters of football, recruiting, talent level etc. get off your high horses.
I am the arbiter of determining which head coach gets credit for recruiting a player into a program, tbh.

Now we should take a survey, broken down by age groups, to see if this is a geriatric issue. ;)

I'm rambling ... here.

Now we should take a survey, broken down by age groups, to see if this is a geriatric issue. ;)
Not sure we need a poll for that. ;)

I'm rambling ... here.

I’m having a blast. I hope Gowdy sees how much fun us fans are having and reconsiders

Havent watched much of it. Im just amazed that a HS team with 4 P5 receivers have no points in well into the 4th quarter.

Did you watch st Thomas Aquinas play De La Salle the other night?

Last edited:
Havent watched much of it. Im just amazed that a HS team with 4 P5 receivers have no points in well into the 4th quarter.
They're no St Frances of MD

Nothing is ever final in recruiting until a verbal signs that NLI.
You know the saying that a winning team changes everything...a losing team does too. GIT.

Brava!

Continuing the recruiting board’s grand pun tradition.