Class of 2024 - WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC

The young man is a talent and we would want that. To me it's as simple as don't commit if you want to go through the whole process. Pretty simple. When ready to commit, then commit. Legacy correctly identified that what happened with his brother could also be a contributing factor but that doesn't change the approach. To be clear I think all players should go through the full process before deciding. It's their right and it's the smartest approach to assess options.

Me too and IMO, it’s an honest and confident approach!
It should be 100% about the recruit and their best interests. Good for Dino, if that is how it shook out.

The young man is a talent and we would want that. To me it's as simple as don't commit if you want to go through the whole process. Pretty simple. When ready to commit, then commit. Legacy correctly identified that what happened with his brother could also be a contributing factor but that doesn't change the approach. To be clear I think all players should go through the full process before deciding. It's their right and it's the smartest approach to assess options.

Have we ever gotten a decommit to recommit?

It makes much more sense after reading the article on the other site. Mutual decision between Torrence and HCDB. I hope this kid sticks with SU, but at least he isn’t leading us on like Sellers did. It still hurts today.
The staff will still recruit other WR in the meantime, and take whomever decides to commit.

It makes much more sense after reading the article on the other site. Mutual decision between Torrence and HCDB. I hope this kid sticks with SU, but at least he isn’t leading us on like Sellers did. It still hurts today.
He isn’t leading us on like Sellers because Dino put a stop to it.

It's a Dino thing. Syair clearly wants to visit other schools and take in the process so Dino says don't be committed if you're not ready. Hope he comes back to Cuse.
Agree. Why should we commit to him and holds his scholarship if he is not really committed? Let's say he gets injured. If you want to look around, you have to take that gamble that if you get injured, you're on your own.

Aw hell no

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

"Great"?

I don’t look at it as leading us on. Like we have all said before, these are teenagers making a huge decision. I like the fact that he came to HCDB and expressed his feelings about the matter. I hope we still get him but won’t hold my breath. HCDB is a class act by how he handled this situation just like he has handled other matters.

I don’t blame Dino one but if that’s the case. This is a different recruiting environment now and with all the movement, NIL $$, etc you can’t just sit on kids anymore and hope and pray they don’t decommit. If they start showing signs, better to let them loose and continue to recruit them while more aggressively pursuing other targets.

I just think Torrence is a really talented kid and the other P5 offers coming in now are backing they up. It sucks to lose him whether he is from Syracuse or somewhere else. Would have been a good fit here.

I don’t blame Dino one but if that’s the case. This is a different recruiting environment now and with all the movement, NIL $$, etc you can’t just sit on kids anymore and hope and pray they don’t decommit. If they start showing signs, better to let them loose and continue to recruit them while more aggressively pursuing other targets.

I just think Torrence is a really talented kid and the other P5 offers coming in now are backing they up. It sucks to lose him whether he is from Syracuse or somewhere else. Would have been a good fit here.
He's not removing Cuse from consideration. Dino told him if he wants to get offers and visits and go through the process, then he shouldn't be committed to Cuse. An understanding was reached.

Yeah we’re not out of this at all with him…

The kid is a huge Syracuse fan at the end of the day

I just think Dino wants him to make sure he’s 100% in on playing for Syracuse…

We might get him, we might not. We definitely didn’t pull the offer after he de-committed

Yeah we’re not out of this at all with him…

The kid is a huge Syracuse fan at the end of the day

I just think Dino wants him to make sure he’s 100% in on playing for Syracuse…

We might get him, we might not. We definitely didn’t pull the offer after he de-committed
It just seems like there is more nonsense than ever now going on in recruiting.

I don’t look at it as leading us on. Like we have all said before, these are teenagers making a huge decision. I like the fact that he came to HCDB and expressed his feelings about the matter. I hope we still get him but won’t hold my breath. HCDB is a class act by how he handled this situation just like he has handled other matters.
Did I read incorrectly but I thought Dino called him a week after his visit to Michigan St and they then met?

Did I read incorrectly but I thought Dino called him a week after his visit to Michigan St and they then met?
If so, my bad. I understood it that it was before he made any visits that he spoke to HCDB and then decommitted. It wouldn’t be the first time I misread something…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom