Class of 2024 - WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC

Did I read incorrectly but I thought Dino called him a week after his visit to Michigan St and they then met?
If so, my bad. I understood it that it was before he made any visits that he spoke to HCDB and then decommitted. It wouldn’t be the first time I misread something…
Syair has his Official Visit to Michigan St set for June 9th.

If so, my bad. I understood it that it was before he made any visits that he spoke to HCDB and then decommitted. It wouldn’t be the first time I misread something…
My bad too rereading it, Syair had gotten an offer and had scheduled an official visit there a week before meeting Dino but hadn’t been to Michigan St yet.

Talked to Syair at a local 7v7 event in Rochester. Nice kid. He was very appreciative. I asked him if he’s a silent commit to Mich st and he said "no". Then I asked him if he just wants to get out of Syracuse. He said, "not at all". He wants to visit and enjoy the process. The door is definitely not shut. That's all I will say.

It makes much more sense after reading the article on the other site. Mutual decision between Torrence and HCDB. I hope this kid sticks with SU, but at least he isn’t leading us on like Sellers did. It still hurts today.
ice it

Talked to Syair at a local 7v7 event in Rochester. Nice kid. He was very appreciative. I asked him if he’s a silent commit to Mich st and he said "no". Then I asked him if he just wants to get out of Syracuse. He said, "not at all". He wants to visit and enjoy the process. The door is definitely not shut. That's all I will say.
Good to know and thanks for the recon :cool:

Last edited:
Visiting Rutgers June 2-4
Michigan ST June 9-11
Syracuse June 16-18
According to Rutgers USA Today site.

IF he ends up keeping his Cuse visit that'll tell us a lot.

Yes and no IMO. It'll tell us we're still in the running... at this point. But there's a ton of time left in the recruiting process for anything to happen. That's why this part of the year for recruiting is pretty meaningless in some ways. So much can happen and change, especially once HS FB starts again.

Dino is the man. I love it. Put the foot down and stop being the afterthought. Stop being the program that players commit to as a safety net. If the players want to play ball so can our coach. If there ends up being a spot for Torrence in 6 mos. and he wants to come back perfect, but in the meantime coach is going to try and find a better player like he should. Not saying that it will be easy to find a “better” player but why not see this as glass half full. Regardless I agree with how Dino is approaching the situation.

Dino is the man. I love it. Put the foot down and stop being the afterthought. Stop being the program that players commit to as a safety net. If the players want to play ball so can our coach. If there ends up being a spot for Torrence in 6 mos. and he wants to come back perfect, but in the meantime coach is going to try and find a better player like he should. Not saying that it will be easy to find a “better” player but why not see this as glass half full. Regardless I agree with how Dino is approaching the situation.

I doubt Torrence has anything to worry about for multiple reasons. We beat out Colgate, Southeast Miss State, and Pennsylvania for our last big time WR recruit. It's not like we have 4-5 star WR recruits that are going to take a spot from Torrence. He could probably make up his mind on the last day if he wanted to drag it out.

Visiting Rutgers June 2-4
Michigan ST June 9-11
Syracuse June 16-18
According to Rutgers USA Today site.
i’ll say it again these are the ones you absolutely HAVE TO HAVE. Losing Torrence to a peer school would be embarrassing. i do feel like he sticks for some reason.

I hope that he ends up at Syracuse but if not so be it. The staff is proving that it can recruit and im sure we can find someone to take his spot.
i’m sure we could too but could it please be a quality player and just not some name from some place.

we obviously shifted our recruiting to the NE. You can’t lose a kid from our own backyard to some B10 school.

I doubt Torrence has anything to worry about for multiple reasons. We beat out Colgate, Southeast Miss State, and Pennsylvania for our last big time WR recruit. It's not like we have 4-5 star WR recruits that are going to take a spot from Torrence. He could probably make up his mind on the last day if he wanted to drag it out.
That all depends on if the 4* wr Robinson from California comitts and signs with us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom