Class of 2024 - WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC

There's a difference between a recruit getting good offers and a commit getting an offer from another school, and then scheduling an OV like 2 days later to that school.
He has a whole year left of high school football, did you expect him to not visit any other school in that span?

The other option is to not offer him first. Then if he picks another school people can complain that:

- Why couldn’t/didn’t we offer a local talent before anyone else
- Why didn’t we show him more attention early on

The other option is to not offer him first. Then if he picks another school people can complain that:

- Why couldn’t/didn’t we offer a local talent before anyone else
- Why didn’t we show him more attention early on

Yep, Dino and staff has done everything they can here as well as getting the early verbal which is really only 1/2 the battle at this point. Nobody was concerned months ago when he decided between UB and Syracuse regardless of everything pointing to additional P5 offers down the road. Long ways to go

I think the signs of us being a feeder program to larger schools are now appearing in this new NIL era and people are frustrated by it. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand. It sucks quite frankly.
Does this fall under that umbrella though? I agree that last off season's transfers give off that perception. We have always struggled to hold on to committed HS players when the bigger offers came through.

I think the signs of us being a feeder program to larger schools are now appearing in this new NIL era and people are frustrated by it. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand. It sucks quite frankly.
Everyone is a feeder school at this point, with 4-5 exceptions, and while it sucked losing Carter and Duce, we have done a great job in general of retaining our talent in this insane landscape.

“Now appearing”. We’ve never routinely gotten 4-5 star players even when we recruit them heavily. So in that sense we’ve always been a feeder program.

As far as the current NIL landscape, we’ve actually done pretty well. We lost a couple key players and brought in 2 players, that regardless of how well they end up doing, we would have been over the moon to have originally out of H.S. And we’ve kept most of our players. This has actually been a positive year so far considering how other schools are faring and what could be happening given our last 10 years, record.

I say leave it in the coaches hands and if they don't seen worried, why should you. Then again he may be bored and would like to experience recruiting pirks.

“Now appearing”. We’ve never routinely gotten 4-5 star players even when we recruit them heavily. So in that sense we’ve always been a feeder program.

As far as the current NIL landscape, we’ve actually done pretty well. We lost a couple key players and brought in 2 players, that regardless of how well they end up doing, we would have been over the moon to have originally out of H.S. And we’ve kept most of our players. This has actually been a positive year so far considering how other schools are faring and what could be happening given our last 10 years, record.
There’s a difference between doing petty well and doing the best we can. My concern is what the “best we can” looks like going forward.

Torrance isn’t a 4-5 star kid. He’s a local 3 star that committed here early that is jumping to visit the first other P5 that offered him.

Proven P5 players in the portal aren’t coming here and we’re losing proven P5 players to the portal. And we’re replacing those players with unproven kids who were high ranked recruits that couldn’t crack the rotation at their former schools.

FveEtDFXwAI9RBS

Imagine losing a kid that is LITERALLY in your back yard. That's like Pitt losing a kid from Central Catholic...

With everyone a free agent it is hard for me to give a crap with any HS kid, maybe we will see him in a couple of years, or not
Well at least we have time to replace him without going the obscure JUCO or Obscure D2 Transfer Portal kid route. That’s about the only positive here.

Imagine losing a kid that is LITERALLY in your back yard. That's like Pitt losing a kid from Central Catholic...
This isn't Pitt. The best kids in New York don't play up here; the play Downstate. The family probably feels a way about Symir not panning out at SU and being shown the door.