WVU officially going to the Big 12 | Syracusefan.com

WVU officially going to the Big 12

is it officially official now?this is like the 3rd time,lol.hope they take the ville with them.

This is sooooo exciting! It's like when you were a senior in high school? And everyone was finding out what colleges they were accepted to? I hope we get in the same dorm as Pitt! We're totally gonna keep in touch WVU, and we'll see each other in the summers and text all the time and be best friends 4EVAR! I totes hope you get to room with Louisville.

LMAO!!!Then you have Rutgers. The kid everyone knocks his books out his hands and laughs at him.Rutgers, the last one picked for dodgeball in gym class.

Oy... this is getting worse than the shark-thickburger thread. If true, this time, we are happy for you WVU. Good luck in the Big 12.

This probably means that Louisvlle will get an invite as well ... or McConnell will be foaming at the mouth... not that he doesn't already. So if you do, good luck to you too Louisville and Ricky you can now stop ranting about Memphis and Temple. Welcome to a league that has both football and basketball.

And too you Big East and ND and UConn ... oops. I mean good luck in all your future endeavors whereever they may lead you. You will now get to play Central Florida... and they are really excited.

I think we should hope they stay at 10, ACC, Pac and B1G stand pat while SEC takes Mizz and thats it for a while. The Big East then takes Boise etc to stay viable, this scenario would lead to them letting Cuse, Pitt and WVU leave to make way for the newcomers, meanwhile we dominate Northeast recruiting with Rutgers and UCONN stuck in the Big Mess.

I think we should hope they stay at 10, ACC, Pac and B1G stand pat while SEC takes Mizz and thats it for a while. The Big East then takes Boise etc to stay viable, this scenario would lead to them letting Cuse, Pitt and WVU leave to make way for the newcomers, meanwhile we dominate Northeast recruiting with Rutgers and UCONN stuck in the Big Mess.
My thinking exactly.Why would we want Rutgers or Uconn.That much harder to get the recruits.

My thinking exactly.Why would we want Rutgers or Uconn.That much harder to get the recruits.

I seriously dont understand people clamoring for UCONN to come with us...at least not now. Maybe a few years down the road when we have established ourselves and dont have to battle with freakin UCONN for a 3 star recruit. Rutgers, I just want them to go away, they are a second rate program that built its recent success capitalizing on our down years and one win against Louisville.

Boise State will not come to the Big East ... they have nothing to gain and more to lose by doing so. I feel they will be going to the Big West where they are more geograpically and culturally aligned. Right now it seems that there is no "for sure" team altho Houston and UCF may be willing to move over.

Rutgers is stuck in Big East right now as are almost all of the basketball-only schools. The push for realigment is focused on football ... sorry Rick but basketball is the red headed step-child in realignment. Cincinnati may be the next school to leave as they have somewhat of a viable football and basketball program as well as considerable exposure ... essentially they only compete with OSU for exposure.

As far as UConn goes I can't help but think that the possibility of pending penalties are going to impact on anybody taking them in the near future. I may be wrong but I can't imagine any conference wanting a school, right away anyway, who may be banned from one of the largest money makers - the NCAA tournament. Add to that an extremely mediocre football team with next to no following. For the UConn lurkers I am not being negative but am only trying to do a rational analysis here. (God I hate those guys when they attack me). BTW I am not necessarily in agreement with the penalties being levied: at least I wouldn't be if they hadn't so readily circumvented penalties that were levied.

Boise State will not come to the Big East ... they have nothing to gain and more to lose by doing so. I feel they will be going to the Big West where they are more geograpically and culturally aligned. Right now it seems that there is no "for sure" team altho Houston and UCF may be willing to move over

Yea, I just meant some set of teams that make the Big East viable so that Rutgers and UCONN are stuck in a meh conference. I just dont want the Big East to fall apart. Them holding our former rivals in football purgatory is great for us.

I seriously dont understand people clamoring for UCONN to come with us...at least not now. Maybe a few years down the road when we have established ourselves and dont have to battle with freakin UCONN for a 3 star recruit. Rutgers, I just want them to go away, they are a second rate program that built its recent success capitalizing on our down years and one win against Louisville.
OH MY GOD.THANK YOU!!!!!.why oh why would we want 2 teams that we fight for recruits with?

When will Rick stop talking?

Louisville men's basketball coach Rick Pitino said Friday that Big East commissioner John Marinatto was disappointed in WVU's decision.

He has now officially become John Marinatto's spokesperson.

"I told him that the only school that would leave now if it could is Connecticut. They want to go to the ACC. So plan for that."

Is Pitino serious? He thinks the only school that would leave now if they could is Connecticut? Did he miss Louisville trying to grab WV's in the Big 12 and even having the senator get involved?:crazy: Give me some of what he's having.

They will not stay at 10 past this year, but will go to 12 next year. Lville will get invited in the next "round" next year.

They will not stay at 10 past this year, but will go to 12 next year. Lville will get invited in the next "round" next year.
I agree ... but who am I missing here:
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Texas
Texas Tech
Texas A&M
West Virginia
TCU

Oops forgot TCU.

I think that the Big 12, like the ACC, will hold now at their present number of 10 and wait until next year to add 2 more ... unless ND opens the door for possible admission ... then that is a new ball game. From reports Oklahoma would like to go immediately to 12 but Texas wants to take a slower tack. Despite my alma mater's desire to go fast I have to side with our arch enemy and say ... hold and take a look around.

Oy... this is getting worse than the shark-thickburger thread. If true, this time, we are happy for you WVU. Good luck in the Big 12.

This probably means that Louisvlle will get an invite as well ... or McConnell will be foaming at the mouth... not that he doesn't already. So if you do, good luck to you too Louisville and Ricky you can now stop ranting about Memphis and Temple. Welcome to a league that has both football and basketball.

And too you Big East and ND and UConn ... oops. I mean good luck in all your future endeavors whereever they may lead you. You will now get to play Central Florida... and they are really excited.

If Louisville does get an invite and accepts, I think Rick Pitino should be forced to hold a press conference stating that his university is just as greedy as he accused SU and Pitt of being and offer an official apology to both schools. If not, he has to go to Columbus, OH and get a free tattoo of the word "hypocrite" on his arm. You can't fault Louisville or their alums for doing what they did, but they should have to come clean as the greedy little b*stards they are.

If Louisville does get an invite and accepts, I think Rick Pitino should be forced to hold a press conference stating that his university is just as greedy as he accused SU and Pitt of being and offer an official apology to both schools. If not, he has to go to Columbus, OH and get a free tattoo of the word "hypocrite" on his arm. You can't fault Louisville or their alums for doing what they did, but they should have to come clean as the greedy little b*stards they are.

I don't think they are any greedier than we were in going to ACC and wanting stability. But when you are put in a corner and there is no place to go you get scared and strike out at those that did the right thing for them. Readings on the Louisville board tell me that the fans wanted out of the Big East as much as SU, Pitt, TCU, and WVA. Like UConn ... they are afraid that they are being left behind on a sinking ship with no more lifeboats available (Love that analogy don't you?)... so they have nothing but nasty words to say for those who grabbed the available lifeboats (to carry the analogy further). Believe me... from their fan board the majority, I would estimate, are no where near in agreement with Pitino.

Now as far as the tatoo goes ... that I can absolutely agree on. Pitino has been talking like a fool and his rambling can only hurt L'ville's chances of somebody rowing back in a lifeboat to save them. So Rick ... !!

P.S. With WVA going to the Big 12 for sure now (apparently, maybe) that may eliminate L'ville's chances if the Big 12 decides to hold at 10 (Texas) and not expand to 12 (Oklahoma). Maybe Rick can get UConn, Memphis, and Temple to form their own league.

It's pretty clear that old Providence ties die hard. He is essentially Marinatto's second in command right now, if only for self preservation.

LMAO!!!Then you have Rutgers. The kid everyone knocks his books out his hands and laughs at him.Rutgers, the last one picked for dodgeball in gym class.
LOL rutgers, the dumb, slow, ugly kid who's working fast food the rest of his life

He would have to join the OSU football team to get the free tat first

The best is Pitino's assertion that the Big East can thrive without West Virginia, but would have been finished if Louisville left. If he seriously believes that, he needs to be institutionalized.

Although I will admit I'm shocked the Big 12 will add only West Virginia. apparently They fear the wrath of no Senator...

Good for WVU...

They have had a strong football program for years and deserve to end up in a decent conference.

I'm with Tomcat in hoping that we can continue our rivalry as an annual OOC game.

They are the only Big East football team that I will miss playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom