WWE Thread | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Right. They treat him as like the top guy on smackdown and he like out wrestles Aj Styles at mania, goes toe to toe with the Undertaker.

Yup. Ridiculous. As a face, he should be a borderline jobber who takes huge bumps and takes huge chances, and occasionally hits on an insane move and pulls off an upset. And frankly, at his age now I don’t want to see him at more than The occasional PPV. Like Stephanie, or Vince back in the day. He doesn’t need to be a regular performer in the ring. They got too many good wrestlers who don’t even get on the PPV cards.

As a heel, he should only win because he cheats and has a ton of help - which to be fair seems to be what they’re doing with him now.

Rumor is Vince wants to use Shane to get the belt off Kofi so Roman can win it from Shane when Smackdown goes to Fox.

That...should get a ton of heat. It could be good heat. It could be “this is stupid, and AEW is on now, this isn’t worth paying attention to” heat.

Personally, I’d rather see Shane as the vehicle (by stacking the deck, reffing, interfering, etc) for an actual heel wrestler to win the title, if that’s what they’re going to do. It’s been done to death, but can always be effective when done well. Shane himself shouldn’t be the one to win.

Yup. Ridiculous. As a face, he should be a borderline jobber who takes huge bumps and takes huge chances, and occasionally hits on an insane move and pulls off an upset. And frankly, at his age now I don’t want to see him at more than The occasional PPV. Like Stephanie, or Vince back in the day. He doesn’t need to be a regular performer in the ring. They got too many good wrestlers who don’t even get on the PPV cards.

As a heel, he should only win because he cheats and has a ton of help - which to be fair seems to be what they’re doing with him now.
Bischoff and Heyman are righting this ship, it will be clicking hard by Halloween.

Seems like the Vince-Shane relationship is real weird. Like, Shane was going to be the guy to take over, then HHH marries Steph, he gets jumped in the pecking order, he goes away for years, he comes back, constantly jumps off high things to get his Dad's approval, and may be the most pushed guy in the company

Holy sht I had to go back a page and see you guys are talking about Shane McMahon? He’s still doing stuff like that? Like that was somewhat credible in the Attitude era when he was like 30.

WWE wrestlers stranded in Saudi Arabia. It's not problems with the plane. It's not weather in Buffalo for tonight's show. Nobody's talking. From Wrestling Observer:

"A delay in leaving has kept a large number of WWE talent stuck in Saudi Arabia after Crown Jewel.

It isn’t known what is causing the delay. Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio this morning that it has nothing to do with mechanical problems with the plane, nor is this regarding weather in Buffalo, New York, which is where the SmackDown roster is flying to for tonight’s television.

Meltzer also reported that around 12 wrestlers have been able to leave Saudi Arabia. Vince McMahon is believed to have already traveled home.

At this point, it seems unlikely that those who are still stuck in Saudi Arabia will be able to make it to SmackDown. The flight takes roughly 14 hours to travel from Riyadh to Buffalo".

WWE wrestlers stranded in Saudi Arabia. It's not problems with the plane. It's not weather in Buffalo for tonight's show. Nobody's talking. From Wrestling Observer:

"A delay in leaving has kept a large number of WWE talent stuck in Saudi Arabia after Crown Jewel.

It isn’t known what is causing the delay. Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio this morning that it has nothing to do with mechanical problems with the plane, nor is this regarding weather in Buffalo, New York, which is where the SmackDown roster is flying to for tonight’s television.

Meltzer also reported that around 12 wrestlers have been able to leave Saudi Arabia. Vince McMahon is believed to have already traveled home.

At this point, it seems unlikely that those who are still stuck in Saudi Arabia will be able to make it to SmackDown. The flight takes roughly 14 hours to travel from Riyadh to Buffalo".

How moronic is it to schedule that show right before a live smackdown event? I mean come on.

How moronic is it to schedule that show right before a live smackdown event? I mean come on.

So Smackdown tonight will basically be women only, because Saudi Arabia doesn’t allow them.

Might have been the best thing to happen to them. NXT came in and completely killed it tonight. Best SmackDown in a long time. Triple H needs to take over. Vince doesn’t have it anymore.

Might have been the best thing to happen to them. NXT came in and completely killed it tonight. Best SmackDown in a long time. Triple H needs to take over. Vince doesn’t have it anymore.

I enjoyed it. I haven’t watched NXT in a couple years, but now I’m intrigued. Unfortunately it’s on at the same time as AEW.

Does anyone know if the NXT episodes are instantly available on the network? Or is it like Raw/Smackdown where episodes aren’t on there until weeks after they originally aired.

I enjoyed it. I haven’t watched NXT in a couple years, but now I’m intrigued. Unfortunately it’s on at the same time as AEW.

Does anyone know if the NXT episodes are instantly available on the network? Or is it like Raw/Smackdown where episodes aren’t on there until weeks after they originally aired.

I just checked and Wednesday’s episode is up. Feel free to catch up.

I think they go up the next day, which is questionable if you're trying to get people to watch it live over AEW.

This whole story with the guys getting stranded in Saudi Arabia; it's real shady.

I think they go up the next day, which is questionable if you're trying to get people to watch it live over AEW.

This whole story with the guys getting stranded in Saudi Arabia; it's real shady.

As far as I’m concerned, trying to go head up with AEW is costing them...because I’m watching AEW every time regardless of what happens on NXT. I’ll support the alternative all day, pretty much no matter what at this point. Don’t think I’m alone.

I haven’t heard any details of the stranding yet. Are they out there now?

What is the story?
Honestly don’t even bother anymore on WWE stuff.

What is the story?
Honestly don’t even bother anymore on WWE stuff.

If true, it's a real amazing story. According to Hugo Savinovitch, who is very well connected to the world of pro rasslin', what happened was that WWE had not been paid for a couple of previous Saudi shows, to the tune of somewhere between $300-500 mill. So, Vince cut off the feed of Crown Jewel to those watching in Saudi Arabia. Which pissed off the murderous Prince. So the murderous Prince responded by holding the wrestlers hostage.

I'm not making this up:

REPORT: Crown Prince ordered WWE talent off the plane after Vince McMahon cut off Crown Jewel TV feed in Saudi Arabia due to money issue | Wrestling News

I wonder if WWE ever sees a penny of that money...

If true, it's a real amazing story. According to Hugo Savinovitch, who is very well connected to the world of pro rasslin', what happened was that WWE had not been paid for a couple of previous Saudi shows, to the tune of somewhere between $300-500 mill. So, Vince cut off the feed of Crown Jewel to those watching in Saudi Arabia. Which pissed off the murderous Prince. So the murderous Prince responded by holding the wrestlers hostage.

I'm not making this up:

REPORT: Crown Prince ordered WWE talent off the plane after Vince McMahon cut off Crown Jewel TV feed in Saudi Arabia due to money issue | Wrestling News

Why would they go back to Saudi Arabia for this show if they hadn’t been paid for previous shows?

Why would they go back to Saudi Arabia for this show if they hadn’t been paid for previous shows?

Good question. One possibility is that, since this was the second Saudi show this year, perhaps Vince expected payment for both shows this trip, but was paid for neither. So he cut off the Saudi feed (and hightailed it out of Saudi Arabia on his private jet), and the Prince responded in kind. WWE counts on that revenue stream, and I think that a whole lot of wrestlers won't ever go back to Saudi Arabia. Very interesting.

Other than AEW emerging as a possible challenger to WWE, this could be the pro rasslin' story of the year.

Last edited:

I'm not making this up:

I wonder if WWE ever sees a penny of that money...
If this is true moral in that locker room which already sucks has to be sinking even lower.
That is an insane story.
That story should be enough for talent to go on strike and try to create a union.
If Vince is going to take a jet out and not make his talent is okay he is an even bigger POS.

There is no Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, John Cena right now.
The talent should go on strike and get a union.
Fans would support them.
They hate Vince right now.

If this is true moral in that locker room which already sucks has to be sinking even lower.
That is an insane story.
That story should be enough for talent to go on strike and try to create a union.
If Vince is going to take a jet out and not make his talent is okay he is an even bigger POS.

There is no Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, John Cena right now.
The talent should go on strike and get a union.
Fans would support them.
They hate Vince right now.

Lesnar and Heyman got out on a private jet along with a couple of others. But there were somewhere around 145 WWE people left in Saudi Arabia. You're right. Morale has to totally suck. Plus the Saudi financial windfall may well be out the window. Plus, WWE might never get paid for the last couple of shows, and you KNOW the expenses are enormous for these productions.

The last fiscal quarter showed downturns everywhere. The house shows actually LOST money, which is why they're cancelling so many of them. If the Saudi oil well runs dry, TV revenue will be their principal profit-maker. And they've already got to be concerned with NXT and Smackdown ratings going forward. Plus, negotiations for new contracts in India and the middle east are reportedly not going well, according to Dave Meltzer. They took much less in England and Canada than they had made on their expiring contracts, and ratings have tanked in both countries. If Fox hadn't lost its mind and paid so much for Smackdown, WWE would really be in some dire financial straits.

Lesnar and Heyman got out on a private jet along with a couple of others. But there were well over 100 WWE people left in Saudi Arabia. You're right. Morale has to totally suck. Plus the Saudi financial windfall may well be out the window. Plus, WWE might never get paid for the last couple of shows, and you KNOW the expenses are enormous for these productions.

The last fiscal quarter showed downturns everywhere. The house shows actually LOST money, which is why they're cancelling so many of them. If the Saudi oil well runs dry, TV revenue will be their principal profit-maker. And they've already got to be concerned with NXT and Smackdown ratings going forward. If Fox hadn't lost its mind and paid so much for Smackdown, WWE would really be in some dire financial straits.
That Fox deal is only for 5 years.
It will run out quickly.
Time is coming for Vince.
The world championship belt used to get talent over. What Vince has done to that belt with Brock Lesnar has destroyed it.
Who the hell cares about Brock as s draw?

The network is going to lose subscriptions as well because of NXT going to cable.
That company is in serious shaky ground all because of how Vince has managed creative.
The roster has talent but he and Stephaine as the branding officer think making the company the brand over the talent the brand is killing the company.
I honestly have no clue what even happened at the Saudi show I don’t care anymore.
I will probably read it up soon but really don’t know. I am disappointed I didn’t watch or DVR Smackdown this week it looks like it was good.

It will run out quickly.
The world championship belt used to get talent over. What Vince has done to that belt with Brock Lesnar has destroyed it.

The network is going to lose subscriptions as well because of NXT going to cable.
That company is in serious shaky ground all because of how Vince has managed creative.
The roster has talent but he and Stephaine as the branding officer think making the company the brand over the talent the brand is killing the company.
I honestly have no clue what even happened at the Saudi show I don’t care anymore.
I will probably read it up soon but really don’t know. I am disappointed I didn’t watch or DVR Smackdown this week it looks like it was good.

That reminds me. Dave Meltzer thinks that one of the most ominous signs in WWE's 3rd Quarter report is the precipitous decline in network subscriptions.

It will run out quickly.

SmackDown was good for once. With the whole Saudi mess going on, it probably worked out better for WWE than if the SmackDown guys had gotten back for the show. The NXT roster always puts on a better show and they were showcased on FOX. Since Survivor Series is going to be Raw vs SmackDown vs NXT, I can see NXT coming out on top there. Vince wants people to see it as equal to the other two shows, not the minor leagues. So, long term, this might have inadvertently helped the ratings on Wednesday nights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom