WWE Thread | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Think their issue is that they don't have skilled mic wrestlers that can create and carry a story line on their own

Just spit balling here and I could be 100% wrong, but to me:

There's no People's Champion, or DX, or hell even a Val Venus type mic / creativity level currently.

There's no Double J or Mick Foley type out there

I don't know. I just think the development has lagged and the talent scouting has missed on some potential prospects who are now shining elsewhere
If they get rid if the 50/50 booking and scripting promos then things get better. There are very few unique characters because the promos are all scripted.

I thought the show was pretty terrible. An attempt, likely successful, to hotshot a rating. USA has really been pushing WWE. The 24/7 title was one of their ideas. Most of the cameos were pretty embarrassing, some were downright sad. And they did virtually nothing to build towards Summerslam. They had what could have been some great matches, but they rushed through them.

The 24/7 title is such a joke. Not even a little entertaining. Just terrible.

I thought Austin’s promo was awesome. Perfect example of not scripting things and just letting the guy do what he does.

I was hoping for a Hacksaw Jim Duggan appearance. He used to often show up in these kinds of things but it seems like we haven’t seen him in a long time.

The 24/7 title is such a joke. Not even a little entertaining. Just terrible.

I thought Austin’s promo was awesome. Perfect example of not scripting things and just letting the guy do what he does.

I was hoping for a Hacksaw Jim Duggan appearance. He used to often show up in these kinds of things but it seems like we haven’t seen him in a long time.
I gotta admit, I think R-Truth is GREAT in his role as the increasingly paranoid 24/7 champ.

I just watched the last segment and thought to myself the writers could have gotten a heel super over if he laced those drinks with something and came out and laughed at all those legends.
It would have been refreshing and gotten somebody over but in this watered down Era we aren’t going to see something like that.

I just watched the last segment and thought to myself the writers could have gotten a heel super over if he laced those drinks with something and came out and laughed at all those legends.
It would have been refreshing and gotten somebody over but in this watered down Era we aren’t going to see something like that.

AWESOME! My choice? How about Bray Wyatt in his mask? The wrestlers collapse, and a single spot comes up on him or, more specifically, his mask. Could you imagine the reaction today?

I gotta admit, I think R-Truth is GREAT in his role as the increasingly paranoid 24/7 champ.

He is. I think he generally does well with whatever they give him. Underrated performer, really. But he’s mostly been a joke/comedy character in the WWE. I guess there’s value in that. People like him and he’s still getting paid.

To me, the entertainment value of something like this 24/7 thing just runs its course really quickly.

Every time I see Ted Dibiase I think about what a great heel he was in the WWF. That character was pure evil with no redeeming qualities and he stayed strongly over as a heel for his entire WWF run. Amazing. I feel like he excelled in basically every single angle he ever had, and the crowd was always super into his feuds rooting hard for whatever face he was against.

Every time I see Ted Dibiase I think about what a great heel he was in the WWF. That character was pure evil with no redeeming qualities and he stayed strongly over as a heel for his entire WWF run. Amazing. I feel like he excelled in basically every single angle he ever had, and the crowd was always super into his feuds rooting hard for whatever face he was against.
Loved this one as a kid.

Loved this one as a kid.

Classic. Stuffing the dollar bill in the mouth of his defeated opponent was one of the better post match rituals in an era full of them.

Attacking Piper’s injured knee with the crutch at WM 7 after his match with Virgil, smashing Beefcake’s surgically reconstructed face with the briefcase along with IRS, etc.

It seems like WWE doesn’t let heels leave the night with the upper hand too often anymore. Like last night, Joe was destroying Reigns...and of course Reigns hits the Superman punch. And you knew he would. They even carry their 50/50 booking into cheapshot beatdowns.

Do they not remember how many times The Rock, in his peak as a face circa 2000, got his ass kicked by HHH? That keeps the fans wanting to see him get his revenge. Same thing with Daniel Bryan in 2013-14. He wasn’t overcoming the beatdown every week in Superman fashion.

He is. I think he generally does well with whatever they give him. Underrated performer, really. But he’s mostly been a joke/comedy character in the WWE. I guess there’s value in that. People like him and he’s still getting paid.

To me, the entertainment value of something like this 24/7 thing just runs its course really quickly.

Except...it always ends up w/R-Truth with the belt every time. Which only makes him more paranoid. That belt is his curse, and he's playing it to the hilt. I'm enjoying this gimmick a lot more than I ever thought I would, and it's all thanks to R-Truth.

Except...it always ends up w/R-Truth with the belt every time. Which only makes him more paranoid. That belt is his curse, and he's playing it to the hilt. I'm enjoying this gimmick a lot more than I ever thought I would, and it's all thanks to R-Truth.
Vince loves R-Truth because Truth does whatever Vince writes.
USA network suits are why they created that title.
Truth is what Vince likes a guy who will never say no to what is written. Truth likes it because it gets him TV time and keeps him around.

Vince loves R-Truth because Truth does whatever Vince writes.
USA network suits are why they created that title.
Truth is what Vince likes a guy who will never say no to what is written. Truth likes it because it gets him TV time and keeps him around.

Saw Santino last night. Truth is basically the new Santino.

From PWInsider.com

WWE issued SEC filings noting that several WWE Executives sold WWE stock on 7/22.

Vince McMahon sold 12627 shares for $70.23.

George Barrios sold 139175 shares for between $69.46 to $70.62.

Kevin Dunn sold 68628 shares for $70.23.

Mark Kowal sold 3845 shares for $70.23.

Paul Levesque sold 17563 shares for $70.23.

Stephanie McMahon sold 17681 shares for $70.23.

Michelle Wilson sold 65318 shares for $70.23.

WWE reports its second quarter numbers tomorrow.

Anyone catch the Dark Side of the Ring series on VICELAND? Stumbled across an episode this morning, they were covering the Montreal Screwjob. It was very well done.

Recording the next episode, “The Killing of Bruiser Brody.” Looking forward to more of these documentaries.

Anyone catch the Dark Side of the Ring series on VICELAND? Stumbled across an episode this morning, they were covering the Montreal Screwjob. It was very well done.

Recording the next episode, “The Killing of Bruiser Brody.” Looking forward to more of these documentaries.

I intentionally skipped the montreal one because it got bad reviews. The Brody one is very good. The Von Erich one is fantastic

I intentionally skipped the montreal one because it got bad reviews. The Brody one is very good. The Von Erich one is fantastic

I thought it was good; although there wasn’t much new, I didn’t realize Jim Cornette hates Vince Russo with a passion.

I’ve now got them all set to record, only 4 episodes I believe. Only missing episode 1.

On Monday, during their 'rap battle', John Cena and the Usos joked about a previous Uso DUI.

Then this happens yesterday:

WWE's Jimmy Uso Arrested for DUI In Florida

Dave Meltzer reports that Uso was first clocked at going 100 mph while weaving from side-to-side. Later, he was clocked doing 85 in a 45-mph zone. He refused to take a breathalyzer but, according to police, he so reeked of alcohol that police had to roll down the windows and, at least once, had to ask him to leave the vehicle so that it could air out.

Yep. Shot something like 13 times.

“World’s Strongest Man.” Brutal. If I recall, he knew it was going to happen and had told some other wrestlers about it.

Will be looking forward to season 2.

“World’s Strongest Man.” Brutal. If I recall, he knew it was going to happen and had told some other wrestlers about it.

Will be looking forward to season 2.

They also plan to do one on 'Brawl For All'. Apparently they had 'tough guy' wrestlers box each other in a shoot format. People got hurt. Don't remember much about it.

I did a little research. It was the brainchild of, wait for it, Vince Russo. Among those who got legit hurt were Dr. Death Steve Williams, The Godfather, Steve Blackman, Roid Road Warrior Hawk, Savio Vega and Brakkus.

Last edited:
They also plan to do one on 'Brawl For All'. Apparently they had 'tough guy' wrestlers box each other in a shoot format. People got hurt. Don't remember much about it.

I did a little research. It was the brainchild of, wait for it, Vince Russo. Among those who got legit hurt were Dr. Death Steve Williams, The Godfather, Steve Blackman, Roid Road Warrior Hawk, Savio Vega and Brakkus.

They had Pierre do a fight with an eye patch!!!

They had Pierre do a fight with an eye patch!!!

Hehe, yeah... the Brawl for All was a big swing-and-a-miss for WWF. I don’t even think it was popular among the talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom