WWE Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

The thing is you can see Charlotte has actual talent but she is booked like she is above the rest of the roster just because of her dad and by giving the belt to Rousey so early she didn’t chase it and nobody can beat her for a long time now.
If they have Nikki Bella is the opponent for Rousey at their PPV it’s so dumb but we are talkings uncreative.

I am serious when I say almost anyone without a stick up their butt could book better. Typically these statement are made in jest but I am serious .

Charlotte is a legitimate talent in the ring. And a natural heel. I get she is probably over-pushed, but the talent is obvious. Bellas on the other hand..

I think this was the first TNA match I ever saw. Amazing. I don't think I ever mentioned this, after the first NXT show in Brooklyn in 2015 I was at the same bar as all of the nxt guys. Samoa Joe was the coolest dude there. So great.

Joe is another guy who is past his prime in the ring, but still very very good, and such a good heel.

I think this was the first TNA match I ever saw. Amazing. I don't think I ever mentioned this, after the first NXT show in Brooklyn in 2015 I was at the same bar as all of the nxt guys. Samoa Joe was the coolest dude there. So great.
Brock isn’t going to fight full time for UFC he is doing this Cormier fight for the paycheck.

He will get his a$$ kicked and then would available as the special attraction Vince thinks he is which because of how they just booked him can’t.
Vince wasted all the alleged buildup Brock has gotten to try and make a guy who will never be sympathetic as an underdog. Reigns is going to get booed out of the Barclays center tonight and they are going to cut off the house mics and pretend it isn’t happening and then he will be off the show. It wouldn’t shock me if he speaks backstage just to avoid the reaction.

Yeah, it was one of the first I saw too. Great match, great crowd, and the excitement of the commentary added to the match.

Brock isn’t going to fight full time for UFC he is doing this Cormier fight for the paycheck.

He will get his a$$ kicked and then would available as the special attraction Vince thinks he is which because of how they just booked him can’t.
Vince wasted all the alleged buildup Brock has gotten to try and make a guy who will never be sympathetic as an underdog. Reigns is going to get booed out of the Barclays center tonight and they are going to cut off the house mics and pretend it isn’t happening and then he will be off the show. It wouldn’t shock me if he speaks backstage just to avoid the reaction.

Brock for sure will be back, even if he goes to UFC for a fight or two, but if he's gone for a while I don't think his aura is gonna be hurt that much by the booking now. (That said I thought he would get a better reaction last night so what do i know?)

Brock for sure will be back, even if he goes to UFC for a fight or two, but if he's gone for a while I don't think his aura is gonna be hurt that much by the booking now. (That said I thought he would get a better reaction last night so what do i know?)
They have ruined Brock.
The guy clearly doesn’t care about wrestling. He hasn’t put over any young guys and does the same match every time. He isn’t a draw. Fans are sick of that stuff.
He will get his UFC paycheck but he isn’t a guy who has any dream match potential. The ratings have gone from consistent 3-4 million a week down to high 2 million to low 3 million a week.

That is because they made Reigns the main guy and Lesnar the champ.
The damage of 50/50 booking and having an awful top of the card has damaged the product.

It won’t be fixed until you see a change from Vince to somebody like HHH.

They have ruined Brock.
The guy clearly doesn’t care about wrestling. He hasn’t put over any young guys and does the same match every time. He isn’t a draw. Fans are sick of that stuff.
He will get his UFC paycheck but he isn’t a guy who has any dream match potential. The ratings have gone from consistent 3-4 million a week down to high 2 million to low 3 million a week.

The damage of 50/50 booking and having an awful top of the card has damaged the product.

When Brock is fully engaged, he is still very very good. His selling against Styles was top notch. There will simply always be problems with part time champions.

Seems like AJ-Joe could be a long feud the way that match ended and with their history.

Feels like it has Jericho-Michaels potential where it’s super intense and personal and keeps going.

They have ruined Brock.

Ratings were actually up for a while year over year. That's fallen off a bit lately. The timing was great for them, got them that huge tv deal.

I don't disagree with a lot of your points. I just think if Brock takes a year off or whatever, when he comes back, he's gonna get a mega pop and will be over

Ratings were actually up for a while year over year. That's fallen off a bit lately. The timing was great for them, got them that huge tv deal.

I don't disagree with a lot of your points. I just think if Brock takes a year off or whatever, when he comes back, he's gonna get a mega pop and will be over
RAW Is averaging 3.018 million viewers a week.
Smackdown is averaging 2.3 million viewers a week.

That is down from the previous year over 10% for RAW. Smackdown is down for the last year 7% but overall is up from 2014 15% because it’s now live and on Tuesday.
Just a point of reference in 2014 RAW was averaging 4.2 million viewers a week.

I know these numbers because I bought stock in 2014 and keep track of my investment. WWE stock is close to an alltime high currently because of those TV deals from Fox and USA but that masks the fact the company should be making more if the product was better. I am an investor and I don’t watch because of how bad the writing is. They are all yes men soap opera reject writers.

They are losing eye balls and it’s not because of cable cord cutting it’s because the product has become stale and ticks off a portion of the paying customers.

I could detail the fact the house show attendance is down and subscriptions are stagnant on the network.
I read the reports they send out and while they try to spin the facts their way the company is lucky that the PG stuff has gotten them sponsor ship deals to cover lost revenue. Saudi Arabia wasn’t listed by name but it was listed as outside revenue and it brought in 15 million dollar profit after paying talent. That is a big time help for making the quarter look good.
Vince has been asked on the conference calls numerous times what the break even point for the network is and he won’t say it. It’s been rumored among investors to be 1.5 million. They are around 2-2.5 million no idea if they are counting freebies but I am sure they are
The point is while I am happy my sock is doing well it could be doing a lot better if they stubborn guy would stop pretending he is doing what is best for business and just admit he is doing what he wants because he can.

The reason the stock is doing so well lately, the ONLY reason, is the TV deals. But they truly were huge. Call it luck, but they're on Easy Street for the next few years, regardless of house show attendance or merch.

Plus, just watch, they're gonna cannibalize the indy ranks and maybe even steal some of New Japan's best...which is not to say that they'll have a clue as to how to use them. They've got the money to buy whomever can be had for a price. Starting with Kenny Omega.

Charlotte is a legitimate talent in the ring. And a natural heel. I get she is probably over-pushed, but the talent is obvious. Bellas on the other hand..

Agreed. I don’t have a problem with her winning the title often and being the clear number 1 in the division. She’s a physical specimen and great athlete(I watched a weightlifting video of her and Sheamus - who has a series on YouTube where he lifts with different people - she’s the real deal), puts on really good matches, and can talk. She’s one of the best overall performers in the company IMO. Ric Flair being her dad is just another factor in her favor, that might draw in more interest from casual fans or older fans.

How did Raw open?

Roman coming out to strong booing and “you still suck” chants and then Roman saying he wants to give a title shot to Finn Balor since he lost it by injury and never got another chance. Then Corbin came out, then Angle...but I was distracted by my phone and missed some of it but Angle ended up making Corbin wrestle Lashley for the first match.

Feels like they should have a secondary women’s title. That gives more of them something to do, and prevents the “everybody winning the title at least once, and most of them becoming jobbers for the most part after” thing that seems to happen.

I went last night, I enjoyed the hell out of the last 10 min or so of RAW.

RAW Is averaging 3.018 million viewers a week.
Smackdown is averaging 2.3 million viewers a week.

That is down from the previous year over 10% for RAW. Smackdown is down for the last year 7% but overall is up from 2014 15% because it’s now live and on Tuesday.
Just a point of reference in 2014 RAW was averaging 4.2 million viewers a week..

I have been in and out of the stock as well. the raw ratings were up yoy a few months ago (very good timing for them), like I said, that has fallen off recently. ratings for all of cable have gotten much worse though, they in general have held up better than everything else.

I am not trying to go to the mat for them though. What they put out on TV often turns me off as well.

Has to be Roman vs Strowman in HITC right?
So they embarrass one of their best guys Owens to rehab Strowman’s spot and then they feed Strowman to a guy who isn’t losing the title probably for a long time.
If I were Elias or any heel on raw I would be begging to be sent to Smackdown before Roman chews up my draw ability completely.
A program with Roman for any up an comer is a death sentence.
Find old guys like Orton or Lashley to feed Reigns. Keep talent away from him. If they think Strowman is talent no way should they be feuding especially if they make Strowman the heel after what he did to Owens.

I am hoping one of Rollins/Ambrose goes heel and that feud and a Lesnar one off rematch can last Roman thru till WM season. If Roman destroys an Elias or Strowman than Vince just sucks.

Agreed. I don’t have a problem with her winning the title often and being the clear number 1 in the division. She’s a physical specimen and great athlete(I watched a weightlifting video of her and Sheamus - who has a series on YouTube where he lifts with different people - she’s the real deal), puts on really good matches, and can talk. She’s one of the best overall performers in the company IMO. Ric Flair being her dad is just another factor in her favor, that might draw in more interest from casual fans or older fans.

She's not the clear #1 in her division. From a technical standpoint, Asuka is much better than her.

She's not the clear #1 in her division. From a technical standpoint, Asuka is much better than her.

Technical is only one part of it though. Charlotte is more physically imposing and a better talker. And she’s also good in the ring too. I’m talking total package.

The last 10 minutes of Raw were magical.

If Roman as champ is going to lead to that kind of excitement, then I’m ok with it. It’s better than Lesnar having it.

Random Finn Balor title shot with logic behind why, and a Shield reunion? Braun trying to cash in? There was that “anything can happen” feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom