WWE Thread | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Whether they suck or not, they are the only legitimate tag team on SmackDown. Besides for them, New Day and maybe the Hurt Business, what tag teams are actively wrestling right now?

SmackDown in general is a mess. They have no one to challenge Reigns. He’ll beat Kevin Owens easily at TLC and probably have a decent match with Daniel Bryan at Royal Rumble. Someone from Raw needs to come over to challenge him because no one on the SmackDown roster will come close to beating him.

Lesnar will be back for Wrestlemania (Maybe wins the Royal Rumble). The Heyman factor will be a great aspect for the storyline.

Reigns vs Lesnar for Universal Title at Wrestlemania.

Lesnar will be back for Wrestlemania (Maybe wins the Royal Rumble). The Heyman factor will be a great aspect for the storyline.

Booooooring.

I wish Punk would come back.

Booooooring.

I wish Punk would come back.

Lesnar isn’t coming back until fans are in the seats and no guarantees of that come WrestleMania. Even if fans were there, Vince is building this as a family thing. He would love for the Rock to come back for a one off and face Roman Reigns to main event WrestleMania. They need a big face to take him on. Lesnar is a natural heel.

Raw Ratings Hit All-Time Low. From Wrestling Observer:

"Raw last night set its all-time record low with both 1.53 million average viewers and a 0.41 rating in 18-49.

For the first time ever, not only did last week's AEW Dynamite beat an hour of Raw, but it beat all three hours in 18-49 and 18-34. It is not a lock AEW will beat Raw's numbers tomorrow but it would be a surprise if it doesn't beat this Friday's SmackDown numbers on FS1. AEW has only beaten 0.41 twice this year, both times in the last two weeks.

Raw had its lowest first hour, the lowest second hour, and the lowest third hour, so this was not people tuning out, as the people leaving the show as it went on was at average levels. This was people not tuning in to see it in the first place."

"Raw last night set its all-time record low with both 1.53 million average viewers and a 0.41 rating in 18-49.

For the first time ever, not only did last week's AEW Dynamite beat an hour of Raw, but it beat all three hours in 18-49 and 18-34. It is not a lock AEW will beat Raw's numbers tomorrow but it would be a surprise if it doesn't beat this Friday's SmackDown numbers on FS1. AEW has only beaten 0.41 twice this year, both times in the last two weeks.

Raw had its lowest first hour, the lowest second hour, and the lowest third hour, so this was not people tuning out, as the people leaving the show as it went on was at average levels. This was people not tuning in to see it in the first place."
3ec7e7568f99045f781672a2a8ee9a65.jpg

Watched Smackdown for the first time in forever and kind of enjoyed it. Not Raw though. Maybe WWE can’t handle two shows anymore? Just give us one two hour show a week?

Watched Smackdown for the first time in forever and kind of enjoyed it. Not Raw though. Maybe WWE can’t handle two shows anymore? Just give us one two hour show a week?

Smackdown at least has a good storyline with Roman and Jimmy Uso and that 'family' dynamic.

I tried to watch Raw last night. It was unwatchable, at least for anything approaching three hours. The storylines, which change all the time, don't even rise to the level of being sophomoric. I find myself watching that mountain of mouthbreathers in the background until I literally feel my brain cells dying. Then it's off to something else.

The problem is exactly as Alsacs portrays it above. Vince McMahon has lost it, and he's never getting it back. It's even worse than the fact that he's just lost it. Almost every week, you hear stories of him tearing up the script and rewriting it right up to, and sometimes past, the beginning of the show itself. You can't have a show that makes sense under those circumstances.

Last edited:
Smackdown at least has a good storyline with Roman and Jimmy Uso and that 'family' dynamic.

I tried to watch Raw last night. It was unwatchable, at least for anything approaching three hours. The storylines, which change all the time, don't even rise to the level of being sophomoric. I find myself watching that mountain of mouthbreathers in the background until I literally feel my brain cells dying. Then it's off to something else.

The problem is exactly as Alsacs portrays it above. Vince McMahon has lost it, and he's never getting it back.

It feels like a lot of the wrestlers are “acting like wrestlers”. It’s hard to buy into. The Roman stuff was great. Also like Owens.

And I’m a Sasha fan, so her having the title and main eventing the show that night was good with me.

Shelton is 45 years old. He had his time. Multi time tag team champ with Charlie Haas, Intercontinental and United States Champ. He was never in his prime a top card world championship guy. He won't be now.

Shelton is now a tag team champion!! Eat it!

TLC was tonight and welp, I’ll just leave this here.

So dumb. It’s stuff like this that makes me wonder why I bother.

Bray Wyatt has pretty much always sucked. Match was horrible.

First 3 matches were pretty good: Hurt Business vs. New Day, Banks vs. Carmella, and Styles vs. McIntyre.

Owens vs. Reigns should’ve been good but they just kept doing the same thing over and over. They made Jay Uso look like Harvey Wippleman or something. Constantly cheating and helplessly getting his ass whupped even though Owens has already been put through a table 500 times. So stupid.

Banks - Carmella was honestly the best match from a “make it feel like a competition and tell a story that makes sense” perspective. I don’t know why that’s so freakin hard these days. Carmella should not be outperforming Randy Freakin Orton, but here we are.

Hot take:

Undertaker’s entire career was:
1. A couple Hell in a Cell matches
2. The Mania streak
3. A couple classics with Shawn Michaels

He was voodoo Hogan until the creation of Hell in a Cell saved him. Mania was just insanely strong booking, but most of those matches stunk until late career when he started being used for “dream matches”.

Side note that I’m not even blaming the guy. I’m blaming the booking. The character was largely terrible, and he was given pure crap for much of his career. The guy could obviously go, as his matches with Hart, Michaels, etc. prove.

I really don’t like the goofy stuff, when it’s meant to be taken seriously.

Hot take:

2. The Mania streak

He was voodoo Hogan until the creation of Hell in a Cell saved him. Mania was just insanely strong booking, but most of those matches stunk until late career when he started being used for “dream matches”.

Side note that I’m not even blaming the guy. I’m blaming the booking. The character was largely terrible, and he was given pure crap for much of his career. The guy could obviously go, as his matches with Hart, Michaels, etc. prove.

The beginning of his career is really odd when you think about it; he came in and was pushed super super hard from debut until about Mania 8, and then for like the next 4 years he was feuding with big guys of varying quality. Here are his PPV matches starting with Mania 8, to give you an idea

Mania 8: Squashes Jake the Snake
Summerslam 92: Kamala
Survivor Series 92: Kamala (casket match)
Rumble 93: Rumble match, starts a feud with...
Mania 9: Giant Gonzalez
Summerslam 93: Giant Gonzalez
Survivor series 93: 8 man elimination match, starting a feud with...
Rumble 94: Yokozuna (casket match)
Mania 10: Off
Summerslam 94: Underfaker
Survivor Series 94: Yokozuna (casket match)
Rumble 95: IRS (!!)
Mania 11: Bundy (!!!!)
KOTR 95: Shawn in KOTR oh wait no, Mabel
Summerslam 95: Kama (Casket match!)
Survivor series 95: Elimination match, basically a total squash

That is basically 4 years worth of PPV with not a whole lot. Some people like Yokozuna, I won't kill him, but the rest of the guys? Yikes

Then in 96 he actually is allowed to feud with real guys, and he starts mixing it up with Bret, Diesel, and then the feud that really got him going, Mankind.

Hot take:

2. The Mania streak

Undertaker’s career post Hogan till Mick Foley he stuck working with giant stiffs or Yokozuna.

Undertaker’s career post Hogan till Mick Foley he stuck working with giant stiffs or Yokozuna.

So what I said, just in a lot fewer words. Good job. Smarter man than me

So what I said, just in a lot fewer words. Good job. Smarter man than me
I honestly didn’t read you post but yeah it was a parenthetical of what you said.
Taker has given Foley credit for saving his career and giving him somebody to sell for him.

That has made Foley introspect appear to be better than what Ric Flair called a glorified stuntman.

Last edited:
Updating the saga that is WWE, last night was Legends night on Raw. Drew McIntyre beat Keith Lee to retain the title only to have Goldberg come out to start a “rivalry.” A Goldberg-Roman Reigns arc had been teased the past few weeks but they are both one and two of Vince’s most protected guys. He won’t let either one take a pin against the other right now. So basically we are getting a Goldberg-McIntyre match at Royal Rumble where Goldberg will do ten spears and win the title. Guessing McIntyre will win it back at WrestleMania but it’s just so predictable now and getting more stale, if that’s even possible.

Updating the saga that is WWE, last night was Legends night on Raw. Drew McIntyre beat Keith Lee to retain the title only to have Goldberg come out to start a “rivalry.” A Goldberg-Roman Reigns arc had been teased the past few weeks but they are both one and two of Vince’s most protected guys. He won’t let either one take a pin against the other right now. So basically we are getting a Goldberg-McIntyre match at Royal Rumble where Goldberg will do ten spears and win the title. Guessing McIntyre will win it back at WrestleMania but it’s just so predictable now and getting more stale, if that’s even possible.

I saw the legends being advertised so I turned to it near the beginning. Watched about 30 seconds of the New Day and Miz/Morrison talking back and forth and that’s all I could stand. I can’t imagine anyone actually finding that stuff entertaining.

I don’t even read recaps anymore. I don’t get how this product even appeals to little children anymore.
You don’t need to be attitude era to be entertaining.

Vince thinks the product is the biggest draw.
Like the company brand is bigger than the entertainers.
It’s insanity and the fact his daughter is going to be his replacement doesn’t give confidence unless she lets her husband run it.
She will just make herself and her family the authority figures again and get heat like that.

I don’t even read recaps anymore. I don’t get how this product even appeals to little children anymore.
You don’t need to be attitude era to be entertaining.

Vince thinks the product is the biggest draw.
Like the company brand is bigger than the entertainers.
It’s insanity and the fact his daughter is going to be his replacement doesn’t give confidence unless she lets her husband run it.
She will just make herself and her family the authority figures again and get heat like that.

I’ll be honest. The last big event I watched was Summer Slam. I think I’ve seen two or three Raw/SmackDown shows since then. I read recaps the morning after and watch 30 second clips of each match. That’s getting hard to do. The only events I really look forward to are Royal Rumble and WrestleMania. Not expecting much from either this year though.

I’ll be honest. The last big event I watched was Summer Slam. I think I’ve seen two or three Raw/SmackDown shows since then. I read recaps the morning after and watch 30 second clips of each match. That’s getting hard to do. The only events I really look forward to are Royal Rumble and WrestleMania. Not expecting much from either this year though.

Apparently the PPV's have been fairly good since SummerSlam (based on WWE standards) with a number of good matches -- also compared to RAW's which are a train wreck 95%+ of the time. That being said I only had the network for a few months this year and cancelled it after Wrestlemania. Will probably order it up again for the Rumble like last year.
I will say the stuff I have seen involving Roman Reigns since his return on Smackdown, and what I have heard about his PPV matches has been very good and he seems to be getting his most positive publicity in the wrestling community since ever as a singles wrestler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom