WWE Thread | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

I hope NBC eventually buys the company and when Vince passes away they push out HHH/Steph from power.

The amount of money NBC is going to pay them between Raw and the network makes a complete buying of the company seem logical after these TV deals.
Get smack down from Fox put it on NBC.

Vince is killing the future. He doesn’t want anyone leaving him for Hollywood anymore after Rock and Cena.
So he just makes his company the attraction.
The young talent can’t get over because Vince won’t let them build themselves and leave without him squeezing them completely dry.

I wouldn't mind seeing what HHH could do without Vince looking over his shoulder, but I can't really disagree.

My thoughts on the Rumble. The women’s match was really good. Bianca Belair was the right pick to win. She’s looked great recently. Have a feeling she’s going to turn heel to face Sasha Banks. Rhea Ripley looked good too and has a bright future.

Wasn’t a fan of the men’s match. Vince had a chance to push an up and coming superstar but chose a 47 year old part timer. Kind of unrealistic that someone that age who was the first entrant outlasted much younger, physically fit wrestlers. My guess is they are going to set up an Edge - Reigns match at Wrestlemania.

I thought the Reigns - Owens match was great, Realistically, there was no way Owens was going to win the belt but entertaining nonetheless.

The McIntyre - Goldberg match was brutal. Goldberg has two moves in his arsenal and probably should have hung it up years ago. Glad Drew retained. My guess is they’ll set up a feud between him and Keith Lee, who unfortunately was absent from the rumble because his wife has Covid.

Can't disagree with your thoughts but I have a feeling that Peacock wanted a big name for Wrestlemania after plunking down all that money, so Edge won.

McIntyre-Goldberg was what I expected considering this is the one PPV that the championship match isn't the main event and kind of a throw away. At least Drew won and they didn't do something stupid by having Goldberg win- that's the main thing.

Can't disagree with your thoughts but I have a feeling that Peacock wanted a big name for Wrestlemania after plunking down all that money, so Edge won.

McIntyre-Goldberg was what I expected considering this is the one PPV that the championship match isn't the main event and kind of a throw away. At least Drew won and they didn't do something stupid by having Goldberg win- that's the main thing.

The only good thing about the Goldberg match other than Drew winning was they kept them both faces after the match. That was nice to see.

You might be right about what Peacock wants. Edge is a really likable character. I’m just not sure having an almost 50 year old being the face of your company is the best idea. And if he is, I hope he becomes a full timer again. No more of these Lesnar/Goldberg ppv only appearances.

The show was fine, they totally made the right decision in having Bianca win, and while I wanted Bryan to win, Edge was a totally reasonable choice and the fiend wasnt involved, so thumbs up.

It just sucks though, every year I am so pumped for the Rumble, and while I was a little excited, it just wasnt the same not being in front of people. I really felt it yesterday.

Idea: One show for the men. One champion. An IC champ. And Tag Champs. That’s it.

One show for the women with the same title setup.

There’s just way too many midcarders and it means absolutely nothing to be a midcarder or a midcard champion. Even the world titles are devalued when their are two of them. Everybody is basically a midcarder by default because there’s two shows, so it means nothing.

One show makes it feel way more competitive. Your champions are much more highly valued and it means something to be a midcarder getting PPV matches and especially wins. The “default” guys who are just there become the Brooklyn Brawlers and Jim Brunzells of the world, which are needed to put people over, and they’re not really any less valuable than they are now.

Thoughts?

all i saw was the mens Royal, with my 4th grader...and he loved it.

so did i.

the only one we thought got bounced inappropriately was Otis.

he should’ve been there longer.

Idea: One show for the men. One champion. An IC champ. And Tag Champs. That’s it.

One show for the women with the same title setup.

There’s just way too many midcarders and it means absolutely nothing to be a midcarder or a midcard champion. Even the world titles are devalued when their are two of them. Everybody is basically a midcarder by default because there’s two shows, so it means nothing.

One show makes it feel way more competitive. Your champions are much more highly valued and it means something to be a midcarder getting PPV matches and especially wins. The “default” guys who are just there become the Brooklyn Brawlers and Jim Brunzells of the world, which are needed to put people over, and they’re not really any less valuable than they are now.

Thoughts?
I like it.
The titles mean nothing now because Lesnar was a part time champion.
The belt used to get people over.
It doesn’t anymore.

Booking is the biggest problem right now. Their is a lot of talent. The company doesn’t want guys they can’t control becoming bigger than the business.
Vince should have the mindset he can always create new toys no matter if they leave.
He controls the talent though and that is all he cares about.

Loved the Rumble match. I generally get annoyed when they rely on old wrestlers coming back for main spots, but Edge is different. He was never overexposed and his career was cut short prematurely. And then he was legitimately gone for a long time. And he can still go. I popped when he appeared to win, was legit pissed when it looked like Orton would steal it, and popped again when Edge won. Well done!

Loved Christian’s return, the look on Edge’s face was perfect. Love the Rumble when it has guys with history cross paths again. Christian and Styles too, we’re running mates in TNA for awhile. And also love the random interactions. Like “Christian and Rollins crossed paths? Christian and Bryan? Etc.” Was cool to see Carlito too.

Glad Goldberg lost. Reigns-Owens drives me nuts. Every match there’s like 15 spots that should end the match. It’s just a garbage, cheap way to try to put on a “great match” IMO.

Banks-Carmella feud was pretty solid.

Glad Bianca won. I’ve seen her on Smackdown a bit and am enjoying her rise. Hope she goes against Banks and Banks goes heel on her.

explain this Peacock-WWE thing.

i currently pay for both, are they merging?

i used to pay for DC Network, now its free because its in HBO Max, which is free because i have HBO.

explain this Peacock-WWE thing.

i currently pay for both, are they merging?

i used to pay for DC Network, now its free because its in HBO Max, which is free because i have HBO.
This is from WWE directly: “The companies will share details on managing customer accounts closer to the Peacock launch in March. WWE Network, including all PPVs, will be available on Peacock.”

I imagine if you have Peacock, you won’t have to do anything. WWE network will probably lapse and you won’t be charged for it anymore. For those with only WWE, they’ll probably offer some kind of transition deal I would guess.

This is from WWE directly: “The companies will share details on managing customer accounts closer to the Peacock launch in March. WWE Network, including all PPVs, will be available on Peacock.”

I imagine if you have Peacock, you won’t have to do anything. WWE network will probably lapse and you won’t be charged for it anymore. For those with only WWE, they’ll probably offer some kind of transition deal I would guess.
thats smart business.

WWE as a stand alone, was great, but i get that its a selective audience.

selective to the point that many 'fans' probably dont even buy it.

now, they might because with Peacock, you are opening the inventory and shows up to the whole family.

Watching Raw last night. What a waste WWE is doing with John Morrison. Playing second banana to the Miz.

Lars Sullivan released.

What could have been. Just could never get his act together outside of the ring.

Riddle signed an extension.

you could tell in the Rumble that the WWE has plans for him.

me and my boy had never really seen him wrestle, we were in his corner.

Lars Sullivan released.

What could have been. Just could never get his act together outside of the ring.

In addition to his baggage outside the ring, he suffered from severe performance anxiety. He had numerous nervous breakdowns that caused him to miss time. Hard to be on tv and perform in front of crowds if you can’t get over the stage fright.

Hacksaw Butch Reed has passed away.

Hot take: Alberto Del Rio was the most boring and pointless guy to ever get a push. That guy really sucked.
Lex Luger in WWE and John Bradshaw Layfield were both simliar as well.

Oh Bunk. JBL was great heel. As somebody who rooted for the heels I even hated him.

Lex was at least jacked, and had history from WCW.

JBL...yeah. He was basic.

I don’t get it with Del Rio. Why did he get the star treatment? The hell? He was good at nothing.

Oh Bunk. JBL was great heel. As somebody who rooted for the heels I even hated him.

Nah. He had X-Pac heat Plus “this guy is an ahole in real life” heat. He wasn’t actually all that good at anything wrestling related. He was a midcarder who they weirdly made champion for way too long, and it pissed everyone off.

Lex was at least jacked, and had history from WCW.

JBL...yeah. He was basic.

I don’t get it with Del Rio. Why did he get the star treatment? The hell? He was good at nothing.
Del Rio comes from a legendary Mexican wrestling family.
Mil Mascara is his uncle and one of the greatest Mexican lucha libre wrestlers of all time.

So they helped give Alberto a head start.
Vince made him a star to appeal to the Lucha fanbase in Mexico.

The guy couldn’t do promos well in WWE and was very boring in ring as you said. He is legitimately a tough guy though he is trained to fight MMA.

He was just boring in WWE and had to use the personal ring announcer to get cheap heat.
His entire gimmick was like JBL’s IMO.

My Twitter feed finally provided a moment on Raw I couldn’t believe I missed.
Nia Jax actually botched her way on herself in a manner that didn’t hurt anybody and was funny.

The my hole is so bad it’s hilarious.
She it’s the cousin of X-Pac heat it’s only funny because of bad it is.

My Twitter feed finally provided a moment on Raw I couldn’t believe I missed.
Nia Jax actually botched her way on herself in a manner that didn’t hurt anybody and was funny.

The my hole is so bad it’s hilarious.
She it’s the cousin of X-Pac heat it’s only funny because of bad it is.
Hole-y cow (not originally intended as a pejorative).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom