WWE Thread | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

I decided to PVR Raw yesterday for the first time in a long time as I was going to watch the Raps / Celts game last night. Only way I can ever "watch" a full episode is with the aid of the fast forward.

After watching / scanning some I think this is one of those episodes that Vince re-scripted at the last minute or during the show. My guess is the original script was going to be Goldberg coming out to challenge Randy Orton.
- During the show Randy Orton bully all the legends (Show, Henry, Flair) making them look sort of silly.
- None of the legends get any retribution through the entire show.

So based on that it would make sense for Goldberg to come out at the end and stand up to Orton. Most of Goldberg's promo to McIntyre talked about Drew's lack of respect for the legends... which makes no sense based on Drew's character in the past year. Seems like a promo they made for Goldberg talking to Orton, and they didn't bother tweaking it much.

Or it could just be Drew-Goldberg that was planned, and I am over analyzing the sheetshow to try to make some sense out of it.

I decided to PVR Raw yesterday for the first time in a long time as I was going to watch the Raps / Celts game last night. Only way I can ever "watch" a full episode is with the aid of the fast forward.

After watching / scanning some I think this is one of those episodes that Vince re-scripted at the last minute or during the show. My guess is the original script was going to be Goldberg coming out to challenge Randy Orton.
- During the show Randy Orton bully all the legends (Show, Henry, Flair) making them look sort of silly.
- None of the legends get any retribution through the entire show.

So based on that it would make sense for Goldberg to come out at the end and stand up to Orton. Most of Goldberg's promo to McIntyre talked about Drew's lack of respect for the legends... which makes no sense based on Drew's character in the past year. Seems like a promo they made for Goldberg talking to Orton, and they didn't bother tweaking it much.

Or it could just be Drew-Goldberg that was planned, and I am over analyzing the sheetshow to try to make some sense out of it.

Believe it or not, they screwed up the timing, which is why the final segment made no sense.

Also, Flair screwed up. He was supposed to grab Peyton Royce's leg, but instead grabbed Charlotte's. Gotta say, he's not looking very good.

Hopefully Vince doesn’t make any brash decisions regarding the belt here with Royal Rumble quickly approaching. McIntyre has been a great champion so far and deserves to hold on to it for longer.

Hopefully Vince doesn’t make any brash decisions regarding the belt here with Royal Rumble quickly approaching. McIntyre has been a great champion so far and deserves to hold on to it for longer.

Its such a stupid angle. Drew has been a good champion as a face -- and the WWE typically does a bad job with their face champions. So now they make Drew the "douchebag" calling out the old timers like Goldberg... or at least that is what they tried to do.

This Ric/Charlotte/Lacey Evans angle just flat-out sucks. As in 'turn off the TV' sucks.

BTW, you know how I hate the constant camera cuts in WWE? There weren't enough camera cuts to hide the horrible work in that match between Jeff (or is it Matt?) Hardy and Elias. Just brutal.

Last edited:
This Ric/Charlotte/Lacey Evans angle just flat-out sucks. As in 'turn off the TV' sucks.

Typical of Raw lately but they did have to rewrite everything last minute with the Drew McIntyre situation.

Its such a stupid angle. Drew has been a good champion as a face -- and the WWE typically does a bad job with their face champions. So now they make Drew the "douchebag" calling out the old timers like Goldberg... or at least that is what they tried to do.

I think Drew is staying face here. He was pretty chill with the old timers on Legend’s Night. Not sure why Goldberg called him out but Drew is definitely the face in this one. Pretty sure Vince wants to elevate him to Reigns level by letting Goldberg put him over at the Rumble. He might be the one to finally end Roman Reigns run when all is said and done.

BTW, you know how I hate the constant camera cuts in WWE? There weren't enough camera cuts to hide the horrible work in that match between Jeff (or is it Matt?) Hardy and Elias. Just brutal.

Only thing I can think of is this is their way of bringing back Andrade. Put him in Charlotte’s corner and finally have their real life relationship out in the open.

I think Drew is staying face here. He was pretty chill with the old timers on Legend’s Night. Not sure why Goldberg called him out but Drew is definitely the face in this one. Pretty sure Vince wants to elevate him to Reigns level by letting Goldberg put him over at the Rumble. He might be the one to finally end Roman Reigns run when all is said and done.

Certainly possible. I am just trying to fit what Goldberg said with what typically happens when Goldberg comes back. Goldberg's comments made Drew sound like a dick.

It just made little sense. Did not watch tonight's episode except for the first few minutes. Will Fast Forward through it tomorrow.

Mania... Tampa 21, Dallas 22, LA 23

Tampa...so they can get some fans there. And Texas next year for the same reason just in case this is still a big issue. I see what you’re up to Vince!

Tampa...so they can get some fans there. And Texas next year for the same reason just in case this is still a big issue. I see what you’re up to Vince!
Bingo. Open air. Florida & Texas.

Raymond James can expand up to 75K.
Jerrrah World can expand up to 100K.
Not that either would be able to allow capacity now or in April...

Bingo. Open air. Florida & Texas.

Raymond James can expand up to 75K.
Jerrrah World can expand up to 100K.
Not that either would be able to allow capacity now or in April...

Not capacity but certainly enough for it to feel like a real crowd. Texas had noticeably noisy crowds for the World Series and for Cowboys games. Florida has been having crowds for AEW.

Not capacity but certainly enough for it to feel like a real crowd. Texas had noticeably noisy crowds for the World Series and for Cowboys games. Florida has been having crowds for AEW.
Daly's Place has been the place to be on Wednesday nights for some time now.

Although NXT has been allowing a limited number of fans back into Full Sail.

Randy Orton and Edge are 1 and 2 in the Rumble tonight. Natalya is 30 in the women's Rumble

Last edited:
I always get excited for the Rumble, and I don’t care enough to get outraged at who they chose to win, so I might watch after the Cuse game.

Did you see my post above about the WWE Network moving to Peacock? Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Royal Rumble was meh

Edge is almost fifty

WWE hasn't been able to build up any young talents

My thoughts on the Rumble. The women’s match was really good. Bianca Belair was the right pick to win. She’s looked great recently. Have a feeling she’s going to turn heel to face Sasha Banks. Rhea Ripley looked good too and has a bright future.

Wasn’t a fan of the men’s match. Vince had a chance to push an up and coming superstar but chose a 47 year old part timer. Kind of unrealistic that someone that age who was the first entrant outlasted much younger, physically fit wrestlers. My guess is they are going to set up an Edge - Reigns match at Wrestlemania.

I thought the Reigns - Owens match was great, Realistically, there was no way Owens was going to win the belt but entertaining nonetheless.

The McIntyre - Goldberg match was brutal. Goldberg has two moves in his arsenal and probably should have hung it up years ago. Glad Drew retained. My guess is they’ll set up a feud between him and Keith Lee, who unfortunately was absent from the rumble because his wife has Covid.

According to Dave Meltzer, only two--two--of the wrestlers in the Royal Rumble were under 30. Mysterio's kid and Otis. Edge is 47 years old.

BTW, according to Meltzer, the handcuff spot was a screw-up--and they couldn't count Reigns out. So, they vamped.

According to Dave Meltzer, only two--two--of the wrestlers in the Royal Rumble were under 30. Mysterio's kid and Otis. Edge is 47 years old.

BTW, according to Meltzer, the handcuff spot was a screw-up--and they couldn't count Reigns out. So, they vamped.
I hope NBC eventually buys the company and when Vince passes away they push out HHH/Steph from power.

The amount of money NBC is going to pay them between Raw and the network makes a complete buying of the company seem logical after these TV deals.
Get smack down from Fox put it on NBC.

Vince is killing the future. He doesn’t want anyone leaving him for Hollywood anymore after Rock and Cena.
So he just makes his company the attraction.
The young talent can’t get over because Vince won’t let them build themselves and leave without him squeezing them completely dry.

I noticed the botch in the Reigns match. Paul Heyman had trouble getting the handcuffs off and the ref stopped counting at 7 because he realized it wasn’t going according to plan. Match was great up to that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom