WWE Thread | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Ex.1000000000 why i hate social media.

Silly comment from her that did not capture the context of his speech at all.
It wasn't a big name dropping speech which is perfectly fine. He name dropped a half dozen or so guys as early influencers early on and that was the extent on

He focused on his key relationships (Godfather, Kane, BSK members focusing on those who had passed) and those who built back his confidence and not wanting to settle later in his career (HHH and Michaels). Then he discussed his family and Vince.

I don't think he mentioned Austin, Rock, Cena, Edge or Brock either and he had some sort of legacy with all of them. I'm sure he got along well with most but those were not his key relationships and that is who he wanted to share as "Mark Calaway". Actually he never really discussed any of his matches until those around WM 2010, except for an anecdote of a few matches that were not about the opponent.

The one sad part I did note that his children from his previous relationship/marriage did not appear to be there. Just a guess, but I suspect they likely have a broken relationship which was an unfortunate consequence of the wrestler life and lifestyle especially in the 90's.

Last edited:
I see Samoa Joe signed with AEW. I know he had injury issues, but still feel WWE largely dropped the ball with him. As I knew they would.

It’s usually corny now. This is wrestling, not HBO. It doesn’t need to be complex. Just make me think that they don’t like each other, and have them settle their beef in the ring. Shouldn’t be that hard.

Look how quickly AEW was able to turn Bryan.

Fans loved Bryan, but they had made Adam Page so over, that Bryan merely coming out and arrogantly poop-talking Page the night after Page won the title made Bryan a massive heel immediately. It was not complex at all.

I guess its easier to create something "simple" when fans are invested in characters.

The WWE started a feud last year about a female tag team taking too long on a photo shoot that irritated the other team. Forget who, it was forgettable... sometimes corny is fine, sometimes it just stupid.

I'll just say this.. whoever Seth's mystery opponent is tonight... it better NOT be Shane McMahon! It should be Cody, but I heard he wanted his return to be an actual surprise ( so he may back out). Seriously though.. anyone buy Shane-O-Mac.

Well, that tag team match belonged on Raw. Can't tell if Boogs was legit hurt or not (he's cried 'wolf' before), but it's not like Nakamura hung on that long.

This Corbin/McIntyre match is dragging...looks like it's setting up an angle between Corbin and Moss. FINALLY--an impressive near-fall. Claymore for the win. Not bad, not special.

Last edited:
Well, that tag team match belonged on Raw. Can't tell if Boogs was legit hurt or not (he's cried 'wolf' before), but it's not like Nakamura hung on that long.

This Corbin/McIntyre match is dragging...looks like it's setting up an angle between Corbin and Moss. FINALLY--an impressive near-fall. Claymore for the win. Not bad, not special.
Think Boogs was legit hurt. Looked like knee buckled. They had to carry him to the back off camera.

I forgot I even had WM open in another tab on my browser. Vince really has me on the edge of my seat...

I forgot I even had WM open in another tab on my browser. Vince really has me on the edge of my seat...
Wrestlemania weekend just makes me want to go back and watch a random mania like…7 or something. Out of nostalgia. The magic is just gone for me the last few years especially.

Say what you want about WWE (and probably deservedly so), but they got this one right. Bringing back Cody Rhodes and not Stardust. Cody's entrance, theme song, and entrance was superstar level at Wrestlemania. It's been 6 years since left WWE and that terrible midcard character. He even did a cartwheel along with the Stardust sign early in the match with a no more sign. Cody went away built his own true character, won belts, helped build another brand. This move was for him, his family, and to restore his family name. In my opinion, that was a 5 star match between Cody/Seth.

Went to bed after Becky and Bianca, which I thought was excellent.

Heard that the Seth/Cody match was really good, but that it was a 'Triple H-style' Wrestlemania match. Never liked those--overly-long and ponderous.

The key with Cody is, of course, where do they go with him. I mean, I think he left AEW b/c, despite everything he tried, they kept booing him at the end. Which, TBH, he did to himself.

Also heard that Charlotte vs. Rhonda had almost no heat.

Say what you want about WWE (and probably deservedly so), but they got this one right. Bringing back Cody Rhodes and not Stardust. Cody's entrance, theme song, and entrance was superstar level at Wrestlemania. It's been 6 years since left WWE and that terrible midcard character. He even did a cartwheel along with the Stardust sign early in the match with a no more sign. Cody went away built his own true character, won belts, helped build another brand. This move was for him, his family, and to restore his family name. In my opinion, that was a 5 star match between Cody/Seth.

Just watched it. Really great match. I don't watch weekly shows (easy to follow things from their social channels) but I'll definitely tune in to the next PPV to see what kind of feud Cody does now.

I enjoyed the show for the most part but the endless video packages are just brutal
This is the biggest reason why I don’t care^^^^

They just kill any and all momentum with those, all show long.

I enjoyed the show for the most part but the endless video packages are just brutal
They had to cut a match off the show (New Day vs. Sheamus and Holland) b/c, with all the video packages, they ran out of time. Same bleeping packages they showed on the pre-game show.

Since most of the fans coming on Sunday are the same ones who came on Saturday, I'm guessing it'll be a deader crowd.

I thought it was a fairly good PVR show.
Can't watch these shows live.

Think Boogs was legit hurt. Looked like knee buckled. They had to carry him to the back off camera.
He was legit hurt - Torn quad per pwinsider.com

Hard to believe it's been 19 years since Stone Cold has been in action in the ring. His first match was in Dallas.. and now his last match was in Dallas too. The last half of Night 1 was good and worth watching. Agree with everyone that the video packages between matches need to be dropped. They've been shown on the weekly shows multiple times and on the pre-show. There was a wardrobe malfunction (Flair's top) in the Rhonda/Charlotte match.

I thought it was a fairly good PVR show.
Can't watch these shows live.

After thinking about it further it was more than fairly good.. it was a good entertaining show. Obviously not great like recent AEW PPV's. It clearly surpassed expectations -- although that is helped by low expectations going in due to poor build and it being a WWE show. But it was entertaining and had some great wrestling in spots.

And going through this in PVR, rather than live makes it an easier show to enjoy. Can't watch a WWE live for the most part.

Starting from the end - The Austin/Owens match was not great wrestling but it clearly passed the entertainment threshold. The WWE actually benefitted here from setting the bar low. Have to commend Owens for leading that match to make Austin look as good as possible. This was better than say the Bret Hart return some years back.

Rousey/Flair was fairly good wrestling. But it really suffered from no heat as there was no face here. Not a good build. And you need both to have a really good Wrestlemania match. This was not that, but not bad either.

Cody/Seth was a great match. Very well produced and it was dramatic despite everyone knowing it would happen. Perhaps a few too many false finish spots but still a good finish. WWE did not tinker with Cody's AEW character for the most part. If we can start getting some good talent from AEW/heading to WWE and the WWE upping their product is a good thing for fans. The AEW roster is great but its too bloated. They will be able to do even more with less.

Belair/Lynch was at a great pace. good wrestling, and they had a fairly good build on this one. Match 4/5 of the card were an outstanding hour or so of entertainment. The best WWE hour in an at least a few years.

First 3 matches were "meh". I thought the Myserio - Paul/Miz match was fairly decent entertainment. The celebrities they have got the last few years (Paul/Bad Bunny) added to the show. Paul was actually good at as a heel - which of course the WWE decided to make him a face at the end in some sort of future match -- which is dumb but so WWE.

Drew/Corbin was OK I suppose -- nobody cares and everybody is tired of it, so it could have been worse.

First match was nothing great even before the injury. Boogs is such a VInce thing. Don't get him even if he is strong. Makes me thing of Ted Arcidi many years back -- that being sad to see him get injured in that way.

Last edited:
They had to cut a match off the show (New Day vs. Sheamus and Holland) b/c, with all the video packages, they ran out of time. Same bleeping packages they showed on the pre-game show.

Since most of the fans coming on Sunday are the same ones who came on Saturday, I'm guessing it'll be a deader crowd.

I can't imagine how fans at this show do it.

I have been to entertaining hockey and basketball games, yet the TV timeouts and halftimes/periods frustrate me at arenas.

As a TV viewer with the long entrances especially if its a good match that follows. I tend to stop for the entrances if I care for the match.

But all the rest is ridiculous. As I said above, delayed watch and FF is the only way to be able to enjoy this stuff for me.

I watch broken skull sessions a lot and I think at least 4-5 old timers (plus Austin) praised Kevin Owens as someone that is respectful of the past and tries to honor all those guys.

I imagine to do the business for Stone Cold in the last match of night one will be one of the finest moments of KOs career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom