WWE Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Rock’s odds to win the RR have gone down from +3500 to plus +700 in the last hour.
Interesting.

Shane’s hand went right to the back of his head when he got caught trying to go coast to coast, and then he held it there the whole time Cesaro was swinging him around. Made me wonder if he got a concussion or something. I don’t think he’d be able to nail that shooting star press like that if he did though.

Rock’s odds to win the RR have gone down from +3500 to plus +700 in the last hour.
Interesting.

Eh. I’m on the “no returns for a main event spot unless it’s CM Punk” bandwagon.

Odds to win the Men's Royal Rumble (Bovada):
Rollins -175
Strowman +300
Rock +700
McIntyre +1000
Balor +1600
Cien Almas/Omega/The Miz +2000
Owens +2500
Styles/Wyatt/Ambrose/Orton/Samoa Joe +3300
Elias +4000
Batista/Lashley/Lesnar/Bryan/Ziggler/Hardy/Ali/McMahon +5000

She is going to win the rumble. Or she better win the rumble. As if she doesn’t and Charlotte does the crowd will hijack.

That better be the case or I don't get having Lynch lost at all. She's their biggest star right now on the main roster.

That better be the case or I don't get having Lynch lost at all. She's their biggest star right now on the main roster.

Don't worry. She's penciled in to the main event at Wrestlemania. Her loss tonight was part of the plan. She'll be in the Royal Rumble and will either win or get screwed as part of the build. With Ronda Rousey taking leave perhaps as early as Wrestlemania, this is one that not even Vince will screw up.

Alright guys, based on you all, I just signed up for the network.

We watched WrestleMania III this AM.

The boy is watching the pre-match stuff now.

I do get all the new PPV’s real time too, right??

How great was the main event for III? Pontiac Silverdome was such a greet venue for it.

How great was the main event for III? Pontiac Silverdome was such a greet venue for it.

This reminds me... I’m going to put the Andre HBO documentary on my “to do” list for the week.

Anyone see it? If so, thoughts?

I hate how Charlotte is likely winning and she still has to dominate this match.
Such bad booking of this match. I guess they are trying to elevate Evans but no one else.

SMH at Becky initially favoring the right knee, and then changing it to the left knee. Cmon.

Alright guys, based on you all, I just signed up for the network.

We watched WrestleMania III this AM.

The boy is watching the pre-match stuff now.

I do get all the new PPV’s real time too, right??
I have begged you to get help.

Worst thing about the Royal Rumble shows? The Royal Rumbles themselves.

I thought the women’s Rumble was ok. The last 10 minutes was really good.

The men’s Rumble was eh. I’m not into the 3-4 comedy characters. The No Way Jose type stuff. And the R. Truth/Nia Jax stuff was pointless.

I was most entertained by Banks/Rousey, I thought Banks stole the show.

I thought the women’s Rumble was ok. The last 10 minutes was really good.

The men’s Rumble was eh. I’m not into the 3-4 comedy characters. The No Way Jose type stuff. And the R. Truth/Nia Jax stuff was pointless.

I was most entertained by Banks/Rousey, I thought Banks stole the show.

While the last 10 minutes were decent, hour-long matches just drag on forever. And the rosters are so thin, particularly the mens' roster, the geek ratio is way too high. I mean, seriously, the 'surprise' in the 'men's' Rumble was...Nia Jax?

While the last 10 minutes were decent, hour-long matches just drag on forever. And the rosters are so thin, particularly the mens' roster, the geek ratio is way too high. I mean, seriously, the 'surprise' in the 'men's' Rumble was...Nia Jax?

I don’t watch the weekly shows anymore...is Kevin Owens still hurt? Why aren’t guys like Robert Roode in the Rumble? Or was he and I just wasn’t paying attention by that point? Seems like they should be able to fill out the Rumble no problem.

I have begged you to get help.
All for the kids Dash.

And who better to ask about what 9 year olds are watching, than the 20 year olds who act 9 on here??

You should hang out on the OT Sports Board here more than you do, though.

Good, civil, semi-educated discussions about Pro Sports everyday.

This fall I intend to start a thread titled ‘Tiddlywinks Championship on BEIN’ and use it to discuss the football team with the gang here.

Thus keeping the marooons unaware and hopefully giving us smooth sailing to discuss.

I don’t watch the weekly shows anymore...is Kevin Owens still hurt? Why aren’t guys like Robert Roode in the Rumble? Or was he and I just wasn’t paying attention by that point? Seems like they should be able to fill out the Rumble no problem.

Owens is still out, knee surgery.

The last 10 minutes of the womens match was real good; the 60 before that? Real bad.

Mens rumble was just too late in the show. Show was too long. Should've closed with Becky winning the rumble I think.

I enjoyed Finn and Brock, and Ronda an Sasha was real good as well. Bryan-Aj Should've been, but tough to follow Becky. (Imagine me telling you like 2 years ago AJ Styles would wrestle Daniel Bryan in a long world title match and the crowd would be burned out from Becky Lynch winning the royal rumble and wouldn't react)

Owens is still out, knee surgery.

The last 10 minutes of the womens match was real good; the 60 before that? Real bad.

Mens rumble was just too late in the show. Show was too long. Should've closed with Becky winning the rumble I think.

I enjoyed Finn and Brock, and Ronda an Sasha was real good as well. Bryan-Aj Should've been, but tough to follow Becky. (Imagine me telling you like 2 years ago AJ Styles would wrestle Daniel Bryan in a long world title match and the crowd would be burned out from Becky Lynch winning the royal rumble and wouldn't react)

Haha, good point there at the end. Yeah, I thought Bryan-Styles was solid but the dead crowd just killed it. And frankly, I was tired just sitting on the couch at that point. These things are just WAY too long. 5 hours, not counting the preshow.

Brock was really selling. He must like Finn. It made that match very entertaining. I thought Banks-Ronda was the standout and then Brock-Bálor and Asuka-Becky were neck and neck. 4 strong matches though. The tag title match was ok, I just can’t care about Shane. Out there going toe to toe with two specimens like Cesaro and Sheamus. Cmon.

I’m curious if Nia entering the men’s Rumble was just a one off, for the shock factor or if they actually plan on having her wrestle men like Chyna used to? I mean, she threw somebody out. She shoulder blocked Orton to the ground, and it took 3 guys teaming up to get her out of there. They booked her stronger than most of the men in that match.

Haha, good point there at the end. Yeah, I thought Bryan-Styles was solid but the dead crowd just killed it. And frankly, I was tired just sitting on the couch at that point. These things are just WAY too long. 5 hours, not counting the preshow.

Brock was really selling. He must like Finn. It made that match very entertaining. I thought Banks-Ronda was the standout and then Brock-Bálor and Asuka-Becky were neck and neck. 4 strong matches though. The tag title match was ok, I just can’t care about Shane. Out there going toe to toe with two specimens like Cesaro and Sheamus. Cmon.

I’m curious if Nia entering the men’s Rumble was just a one off, for the shock factor or if they actually plan on having her wrestle men like Chyna used to? I mean, she threw somebody out. She shoulder blocked Orton to the ground, and it took 3 guys teaming up to get her out of there. They booked her stronger than most of the men in that match.

Meltzer has reported in the past Brock likes working smaller dudes (AJ, Bryan, etc) probably because the sizze difference plays well, so based on that and how he sold for Finn, I would imagine the same is true for him.
He was also saying this may be the first step in WWE moving towards a little more (as in, any) man on woman violence, they basically haven't had any in years. So maybe dip their toe in the water, so to speak? Nia is legit bigger thna a lot of the guys she was in there with

The shows really are too long. I say it every time, but it's true. Too much in one sitting. The end of the show is almost always flat, which can't be the desired result

Meltzer has reported in the past Brock likes working smaller dudes (AJ, Bryan, etc) probably because the sizze difference plays well, so based on that and how he sold for Finn, I would imagine the same is true for him.
He was also saying this may be the first step in WWE moving towards a little more (as in, any) man on woman violence, they basically haven't had any in years. So maybe dip their toe in the water, so to speak? Nia is legit bigger thna a lot of the guys she was in there with

The shows really are too long. I say it every time, but it's true. Too much in one sitting. The end of the show is almost always flat, which can't be the desired result

It even jumped out at me how bored one of the announcers sounded(forget who, I think Cole) when the next wrestler came out towards the end of the men’s rumble. It may have been Orton? But in the moment it made me think how Gorilla Monsoon would really react with excitiement when the next guy came out.

Cole sounded tired and bored...and I couldn’t blame him.

I was wondering if it was way too long for others. I think 4 hours is even pushing it but I can handle it for the major PPVs. The others, I'm fine with 3 hours.

I was just watching some Old Royal Rumbles on the WWE network the past few weeks... watched 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993.

The lack of talent in the 1993 royal rumble is astonishing. The WWE lost quite a bit between 1992 and 1993.

It even jumped out at me how bored one of the announcers sounded(forget who, I think Cole) when the next wrestler came out towards the end of the men’s rumble. It may have been Orton? But in the moment it made me think how Gorilla Monsoon would really react with excitiement when the next guy came out.

Cole sounded tired and bored...and I couldn’t blame him.

Gorilla and Ventura, for my money... were the best commentary pairing of all time.

“How about that, Gorilla!”

Such great chemistry between the two.

Makes sense to turn Elias back to heel again.

I liked him more when he was a dick to the fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom