Yahoo! Sports - SU Hoops has drug violations | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Yahoo! Sports - SU Hoops has drug violations

love how reporters can 'break' a story based on allegations and unamed sources?

one of the potential shoes.

This is why the added scrutiny this brought to the program was always dangerous.

UConn has had 2 players arrested for weed in the past 4 years, but none of them ever failed a drug test? That's very interesting.

Considering there's no set policy, it seems like this is a story full of sound and fury, and not much more. Some schools don't even have a consistent policy for suspensions, etc, across the entire athletics program (the school I work for, for example, leaves it, in general, up to the coaches for how they want to deal with their players).

But I still hate the "they're all out to get us!" stuff that accompanies something like this.

Gotta love stories that begin with the word "SOURCES".

As opposed to "FACTS".

Is it really just weed? Is that all it is? Because I think people see that as only technically illegal these days.

Hope this goes away, but at this point I'm not gonna lose sleep over any of this stuff.

Maybe it will be nothing, maybe it will be huge, either way on Thursday at Noon, I'll be watching SU in the BET, and on Sunday I'll be watching SU get the #1 or #2 overall seed in the NCAA tournament.

Everything else can be dealt with at another time.

Seems to be a new controversy every month. It sucks big time.

UConn has had 2 players arrested for weed in the past 4 years, but none of them ever failed a drug test? That's very interesting.

they could've. I think the SU policy was the first time they had to go to counseling or something?

Anyway, the story doesn't seem to be that college kids smoke weed; of course they do. If we had a policy set in place and we didn't follow it; not so good.

Is it really just weed? Is that all it is? Because I think people see that as only technically illegal these days.
And that's the big thing right there. If it's anything else, that's when things could take a decidedly horrible turn.

Axe is just gushing over Yahoo and how incredible they are.

Awesome, this team has performed well when the world was against it. Hopefully they will just laugh it off and circle the wagons.

This is really stupid. I played D3 tennis - most years close to 100% of our teams smoked weed during the season, and often together on our spring break trip to Hilton Head. Given it was D3 and none of us cared, I would imagine the general % of high major D1 athletes smoking weed is somewhat lower than 100% participation, but still...who the f*** cares.

It's funny that both stories that have come out against SU this year have been in the wake of another "bombshell." PSU was/is a major story and then of course we get wrapped up in our own "scandal" (with enough holes in it to certainly cast some measure of doubt over the accusers). Now the UCLA non-story comes out last week and Pat Forde gets to be a hero.

My biggest concern is that there are "four sources with intimate knowledge of the Syracuse men’s basketball program" (plus a fifth former player) looking to bring Boeheim and the rest of the team down. No one should really be surprise of alleged positives in the article though.

This was worth an article? Really? 95% of that stuff is 5 or 10 years old. Marijuana use. No NCAA rules broken. Stop the presses!
ah but they snuck in the
“Willful Violators” clause that makes this story worth a .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom