yikes kenpom sees it as pretty much a toss-up | Syracusefan.com

yikes kenpom sees it as pretty much a toss-up

pearl31

in cahoots
2017-12-14_2203.png

has us winning by a point, w 53% probability of winning
wonder where the Vegas line will open...

I will take a 1 pt win and run back to Syracuse. I am very worried about this game and the Bonnie game. I would just love to come out of this 12-1
interestingly, he has us with a 69% probability of beating the bonnies...
I strongly believe (and have for years) kenpom overweighs the homecourt

interestingly, he has us with a 69% probability of beating the bonnies...
I strongly believe (and have for years) kenpom overweighs the homecourt
Given that its just a statistical algorithm based on past results, it's likely that he's weighing it just right. However, he may overweigh or underweight specific home court advantages.

Given that its just a statistical algorithm based on past results, it's likely that he's weighing it just right. However, he may overweigh or underweight specific home court advantages.
Yes.

anyone know how to figure out what kenpom would have if this game was at neutral site?

Jessie Govan- 20.6 points per game 13 Rebs PG

He's enough to make me nervous.
Stats were racked up against weak competition. The kid is a good player but he’s not the second coming of Anthony Davis or anything—or even senior Rak Christmas. Let’s see what he can do against our front line.

anyone know how to figure out what kenpom would have if this game was at neutral site?

We would be favored by 6 or so on a neutral court. 9 or 10 at the dome. Kenpom thinks BC and Wake are tougher teams.

What have we done that would make us a heavy favorite? Or even a mild favorite?

I mean, other than that Georgetown still sucks?

What has Georgetown done to suggest this would be a 1 point game? That's the bigger question. At least we've beaten some decent teams.

Not murderers row, but those are impressive numbers.
All it shows is that he has a good motor. We will not know if it has any other meaning until the game is over. I am not impressed.

Yes at home and MSG.

Did you see us on the road last year? We are projected to be favored in only 3 road games all year. Need to prove it.

Exactly. Plus Georgetown has had a losing record the last 2 seasons but somehow has managed to beat us both years...

They have played no one! Also, I know everyone loves Kenpom compared to the others but it means nothing now if we keep winning.

Yes at home and MSG.

Did you see us on the road last year? We are projected to be favored in only 3 road games all year. Need to prove it.

Well, we couldn't win at MSG last year. So we're already doing better. And you remember what a disaster of a team we had last year? I think we're in much better shape than that.

Georgetown hasn't played anybody - they literally have the worst schedule in all of D1. Yes it's on the road, but this isn't even close to the Georgetown teams we've played in recent years. I like our chances a lot more than if we were rolling last year's team on the court.

What has Georgetown done to suggest this would be a 1 point game? That's the bigger question. At least we've beaten some decent teams.

It's not a bigger question at all. It's just another question.

We haven't played a true road game and haven't beaten Georgetown away since 2011 (granted have played them with less frequency).

It's not like we're a juggernaut rolling into town. We don't know if we can win on the road at all.

Personally, I think we win. But you can't fault oddsmakers for calling this a pick em.

Yes at home and MSG.

We're a completely different team from last year though. Only 2 returning players that played any real minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom