'You are what your record says you are’ | Syracusefan.com

'You are what your record says you are’

Orange87

2nd String
And Syracuse is 26-1. Which means they’ve beaten every single team they’ve played – home, away, neutral, ranked, unranked, in-conference, out of conference, tough offensive teams, top defensive teams – except one which was when they played without their center and lost because the other team’s center had a field day.

The bottom line is that it really hasn’t mattered if they got outrebounded or if they are in foul trouble or if they make too many turnovers or if they don’t hit their outside shots or if they get dominated in the paint. They win.

They do enough of what they have to in each game to win.

Georgetown - a heated rival and a top ten team. That was supposed to be a blow-out?

Connecticut – who cares what the score was with 6 minutes to go? Do you know what the score was with zero minutes to go? I do. Syracuse won by 18. And who cares if the had only won by 2? Last I saw you don't get extra credit for double digit victories.

Louisville – absolutely OWNED the Orange. Had won 7 in a row, on their home floor, amped up to play the #2 team in the country. Syracuse couldn’t hit the side of a barn from the inside, Kris Joseph barely plays the 2nd half and….they win.

I love lurking on these other team’s boards after these games. I’m always looking for one post that says ‘well, we just got beat by a better team’. Sometimes I see that but more often than not its ‘we got jobbed by the refs’, or ‘if our PG wasn’t in foul trouble…’, or ‘I’m proud of our team’s effort, any other night, we win.’ That’s a load of crap because as much as they think they got jobbed by the refs, so did Syracuse. And about Siva last night, sure he was in foul trouble and out of the game early but whose to say that if he doesn’t commit those fouls that Syracuse doesn't score on those plays and opens up an 8-9 point lead?

And a game never comes down to one call. If you think it did then your team didn't do enough during the course of the game to take it out of the ref's hands.

Doug Gottlieb and Digger Phelps know this as well but its boring to say that the #2 team in the country is good. In their business being contrary or controversial = ratings and ratings = money. Pay no attention to them and simply be happy and proud of this tough team that we are lucky enough to be fans of. They blow teams out when they can and grit it out when they have to.

26-1, 13-1. That's pretty damn good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom