You get another year, and you get another year, you all get another | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

You get another year, and you get another year, you all get another

What a mess. Feel for these kids, they’ve been jerked around for weeks now, told at first they can come back, then maybe not, then yes they can and now the conferences or schools saying, actually no you can’t. For the ACC it looks like kids could come back but would have to pay their own way. I hope they reverse this. I know there are much bigger issues right now but at this point this issue is just getting ridiculous.

What a mess. Feel for these kids, they’ve been jerked around for weeks now, told at first they can come back, then maybe not, then yes they can and now the conferences or schools saying, actually no you can’t. For the ACC it looks like kids could come back but would have to pay their own way. I hope they reverse this. I know there are much bigger issues right now but at this point this issue is just getting ridiculous.

If there was a start-up Div 1 program beginning play next season, they could be loaded with Ivy and P5 All-stars.

Hard to see the ACC doing this knowing schools like PSU and others aren't going to have to worry about it. I would be really surprised if the ACC boxed in their programs ala the Ivy League

ACC will pretend like this season happened when it comes to next year's schedule, so home games against UVA and Duke, road games against Notre Dame and UNC -

How does Syracuse get a transfer and stay under the limit? I'm not familiar with the workings of college lacrosse, but given how expensive it is to attend SU now, do they offer generous financial aid packages to ease the burden of tuition? The LAX roster is massive and I find it hard to believe that you're only allowed 12.6 scholarships for that amount of kids.

How does Syracuse get a transfer and stay under the limit? I'm not familiar with the workings of college lacrosse, but given how expensive it is to attend SU now, do they offer generous financial aid packages to ease the burden of tuition? The LAX roster is massive and I find it hard to believe that you're only allowed 12.6 scholarships for that amount of kids.

Lax is not like most men's sports, very very few kids across the country includingn SU are on a full ride. Some kids get 10% some 25% some higher end guys 50% but a lot get zip. Now some kids who are need base get financial aid and other support as well but it's in the confines of what a regular student would get, anything extra is a major violation. Even a guy like Scanlan whose getting a scholarship under the Haudenese Promise is not on a full ride from what I've been told.

It wouldn’t surprise me if given Princeton’s endowment and generous financial aid policy Sowers likely had a full boat. So if he or his family has to pay partial grad school tuition that it might be feasible.

Lax is not like most men's sports, very very few kids across the country includingn SU are on a full ride. Some kids get 10% some 25% some higher end guys 50% but a lot get zip. Now some kids who are need base get financial aid and other support as well but it's in the confines of what a regular student would get, anything extra is a major violation. Even a guy like Scanlan whose getting a scholarship under the Haudenese Promise is not on a full ride from what I've been told.

Going off of that, it's hard to buy the argument that a school is losing the recruiting battle to an out of state public institution since the recruit has to pay out of state resident tuition.

Going off of that, it's hard to buy the argument that a school is losing the recruiting battle to an out of state public institution since the recruit has to pay out of state resident tuition.
That's still usually a lot less than tuition at any private school that plays D-I lacrosse.

Awaiting announcements from Trimboli, Dearth and Refhuss. All wish to return so perhaps still wording their statements or intentionally spacing . Hoping to see releases by all this week.

Cuse has six redshirt juniors that may be graduating. One was g Strang who is in portal. Are we to assume that others are coming back? My guess is one or two won't.

Lax landscape will be changed by relocations of Sowers and a few others.
A few other less publicized players can fine tune a strong team.

Various reasons, motivations and objectives to enter portal but expect market to unfold slowly for most given present climate. Some will find better overall situations, some wont.

Cuse has six redshirt juniors that may be graduating. One was g Strang who is in portal. Are we to assume that others are coming back? My guess is one or two won't.

B.Kennedy, Lipka, J.Fiorini, DiPietro, and Staats. Some of these guys are rather important.

B.Kennedy, Lipka, J.Fiorini, DiPietro, and Staats. Some of these guys are rather important.

Haven't heard anything about any of those guys not coming back. Kennedy is the clear top defender with Mellen gone and going into his Rsr year after his injury as a frosh. Can't see him not coming back, losing him would be a disaster

Haven't heard anything about any of those guys not coming back. Kennedy is the clear top defender with Mellen gone and going into his Rsr year after his injury as a frosh. Can't see him not coming back, losing him would be a disaster
Pretty sure DiPietro is a lock to come back as well considering he took a redshirt last season so he could get a couple years of PT.

Graduates with remaining eligibility can go wherever pleased but this wild west climate has grayed old norms. Aware of luring by some well connected alum of other schools that were thankfully rejected. In the past, there were always some trial balloons floated that were simply flyby inquiries but some need reminding today that the portal is the list to be recruited by coaches. The NCAA may soon be further exacerbating this gray stage of "free agency" by granting one time transfer waivers to undergrads in all sports. Problably doesn't affect lax beyond removing in league restrictions. Many will laud its merits with good reason but some increased player movement will be initiated by poaching though varying avenues. No further comment.

Kennedy and DiPietro both bleed orange and have plans to further education so expect both to return for at least a year if not two. Hopefully Lipka and others mentioned are returning as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom