You get another year, and you get another year, you all get another | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

You get another year, and you get another year, you all get another

I’d have to think Sowers would look at hometown PSU. Replace Ament to play alongside O’Keefe in that high-scoring offense while paying Public, in-state tuition.

Maybe, but the bluebloods are going to put on the full court press, not sure PSU can beat out Cuse, UVA, JHU, UNC Maryland etc.

Possibly, not sure if its to late to withdraw at this point for either school.
do you have to drop out or just not graduate? fail a course thats required or something?

Imagine if all the IVY kids went to some place that doesnt offer scholies . Arent there some D1 schools like that, that wouldnt have the limit issue?

This isnt a straight money issue though? Doesnt it require the schools these kids go to to have a free scholie on their 12 man roster limit?

Well the money has to come from the 12.6 schollie limit yet, but schools don't have to give a full ride and can move things around to accommodate a player.

do you have to drop out or just not graduate? fail a course thats required or something?

Imagine if all the IVY kids went to some place that doesnt offer scholies . Arent there some D1 schools like that, that wouldnt have the limit issue?

You have to fully withdraw under the rules of the Ivy league.

Yes there are some schools like that. I believe Hobart and a few other are D1 schools that don't actually have scholarships

I like how they let all the kids trying out for the Olympics get a RS year but not the regular athletes.

This isnt a straight money issue though? Doesnt it require the schools these kids go to to have a free scholie on their 12 man roster limit?
The Ivies don't give grants-in-aid ("athletic scholarships"); everything is need-based, just like in D-3. The NCAA has lifted the scholarship limits for spring sports such that seniors who return after graduation to their original school won't count against the scholarship limits. Players who transfer to another school via the Transfer Portal will count against the limit.

Last edited:
But the Ivies wont let the kids play if they have graduated and some like Princeton wont let them even if they dont. And even schools like SU if the have promised some open scholie money they might not have a spot to land a kid

But the Ivies wont let the kids play if they have graduated and some like Princeton wont let them even if they dont. And even schools like SU if the have promised some open scholie money they might not have a spot to land a kid

A team like SU is only bound by the scholly limit, SU technically has unlimited spots as there is no roster limit. Obviously that's not really true but you get the point.

Rumors are that Yale will follow Princeton's lead and not allow seniors to withdraw. Ierlan potentially in play.

Don't even get me started, if he actually decides to play another year I expect SU to full court press, I dont care if the funds have to come from Desko personally. Make it happen.
We could start a GoFundMe page. :D

That being said, who put in the Ivies' pancakes? I just don't see the need to come out against this so strongly. Maybe others will follow (WI, for example), but sheesh. What's the BFD? And I REALLY don't want to hear anything about preserving the integrity of college sports, blah blah blah.
1586463193187.gif

Rumors are that Yale will follow Princeton's lead and not allow seniors to withdraw. Ierlan potentially in play.
I know he would be hard to turn down, but would Desko try to bring him in with Varello and Phaup already in the fold? And would Ierlan want to come, for the same reason?

Yeah not sure why the ivy has come out so strong against it. The money does add up when you look at all the sports though and looking at 100s of millions of debt to get off the books another 1-2 million is a real number for a school, but its probably less than that given not all the kids would come back..

Yale official, in addition to Irelan, that means Matt Gaudet, Jackson Morrill and Lucas Colter would need to look for a new home if they want to play lacrosse in 2021.

Ierlan has said that he would only play for Yale. Of course, that was a few weeks ago.

Ierlan has said that he would only play for Yale. Of course, that was a few weeks ago.

I saw that but you know how things change when reality hits you in the face. That said I am sure there are some Albany fans who aren't exactly broken up about the news.

I'd think Maxwell would look pretty good to TD. There's only so much money he can make as a professional lax guy. Gurenlian and Baptiste seem to have the FOGO market on lockdown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom