You get another year, and you get another year, you all get another | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

You get another year, and you get another year, you all get another

I would not be surprised to learn that next season will be cancelled. Then what. 2 years more for Srs.

There may not be any Fall Ball.

Mumps for everyone...

It is hard to know how things will play out in the next few months, but part of me wonders if the opposite will hold true - Virginia already has a stay at home order in effect till early June, I imagine other states will follow. If thats the case then I can't imagine the PLL will start on time, or if they'll play the season at all. Seniors might decide the job market is too fraught right now and decide returning to school to further their education is a better idea.
OK, I guess we can find a seat at the table for Sowers if he graduates and would then like to join us for some feasting. lol

Chris Jastrzembski @Chris_Jast
Second, I have also heard the same as what Kendall Rogers has reported, and that conference does have men's lacrosse. Have also heard about some programs not offering potentially returning seniors aid.

Chris Jastrzembski @Chris_Jast
Second, I have also heard the same as what Kendall Rogers has reported, and that conference does have men's lacrosse. Have also heard about some programs not offering potentially returning seniors aid.

Can't imagine this is the ACC

There are only two power conferences with LAX, unless they're counting the Big East.

Not to speculate but seems like the Big 10 has gotten more kids to commit to coming back (granted its only three from OSU and 1 from Penn State), but I don't think anyone outside of Trimboli in the ACC has said they are coming back. Could $ be the reason?

Not to speculate but seems like the Big 10 has gotten more kids to commit to coming back (granted its only three from OSU and 1 from Penn State), but I don't think anyone outside of Trimboli in the ACC has said they are coming back. Could $ be the reason?

ACC kids all have 7 figure jobs waiting for them on Wall St.

B1G kids can always pick up an extra shift at McDonalds in a year or so.

“Essentially, the memo means that the League does not have to and will not vote on whether to issue a blanket ruling to its members because the situation is not equivalently pertinent to each institution.”

Little surprised by that to be honest. Big loss for UVA but they have plenty of firepower.

Likely losing Aitken as well with the football thing. Unfortunately Moore has gotten better and better off the dodge to accompany his insanely good shot. He will be totally comfortable as their main initiator. However besides him nobody really impresses me besides Cormier. Laviano needs guys around him and hasn't brought dodging into his game like some young offball guys sometimes do. Other guys in their stable all seemed kinda meh.

Still feel like Shellenberger would not have redshirted if he could truly dominate from day 1 like Epstien or other past #1 recruits. You would think they would find him a spot at mid or move Moore back to mid or something like that. Maybe that is flawed thinking. We shall see.

One thing that Lars has been able to do is to bring in the "4th attackman" through the box in some situations. There will be occasions when Shellenberger, Laviano, Cormier, and Moore are all on the field at once trying to get one of them with a shortie on him.

Princeton University will not allow student-athletes who withdraw this spring to preserve an extra year of eligibility, Athletic Director Mollie Marcoux Samaan announced in an email on Thursday to spring sport athletes.

On March 30, the NCAA announced that all member schools could choose to extend an extra year of athletic eligibility to spring sport athletes whose seasons were cut short by the COVID-19 pandemic. But the Ivy League reaffirmed on April 2 that it would not be changing its policy that prevents graduate students from competing in athletic events, effectively restricting athletes to four years of undergraduate athletics. For the University’s spring sport athletes, the only option would be to withdraw from the University now and return next year with the necessary waivers.

However, “due to the University’s strong belief that all students should remain in school now more than ever,” Marcoux wrote, “Princeton has decided that it will not approve the necessary waivers for students who withdraw from the Spring ’20 semester to use their 5th year of eligibility at Princeton.”

Princeton University will not allow student-athletes who withdraw this spring to preserve an extra year of eligibility, Athletic Director Mollie Marcoux Samaan announced in an email on Thursday to spring sport athletes.

On March 30, the NCAA announced that all member schools could choose to extend an extra year of athletic eligibility to spring sport athletes whose seasons were cut short by the COVID-19 pandemic. But the Ivy League reaffirmed on April 2 that it would not be changing its policy that prevents graduate students from competing in athletic events, effectively restricting athletes to four years of undergraduate athletics. For the University’s spring sport athletes, the only option would be to withdraw from the University now and return next year with the necessary waivers.

However, “due to the University’s strong belief that all students should remain in school now more than ever,” Marcoux wrote, “Princeton has decided that it will not approve the necessary waivers for students who withdraw from the Spring ’20 semester to use their 5th year of eligibility at Princeton.”

Man talk about a dick move, thanks Sowers for sticking around for 4 years, here is a nice parting gift. Sowers going into the portal would be the free agency frenzy of all time in D1 Lax.

If only we had a former Princeton coach on staff... ;)

Don't even get me started, if he actually decides to play another year I expect SU to full court press, I dont care if the funds have to come from Desko personally. Make it happen.

Don't even get me started, if he actually decides to play another year I expect SU to full court press, I dont care if the funds have to come from Desko personally. Make it happen.

Consigliere could raise that much in 1 or 2 Fine Mess Tailgates.

so could he drop out and go to cornell and teat drop out and go to princeton?

I’d have to think Sowers would look at hometown PSU. Replace Ament to play alongside O’Keefe in that high-scoring offense while paying Public, in-state tuition.

so could he drop out and go to cornell and teat drop out and go to princeton?

Possibly, not sure if its to late to withdraw at this point for either school.

This isnt a straight money issue though? Doesnt it require the schools these kids go to to have a free scholie on their 12 man roster limit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom