Your entitled to your opinion, but... | Syracusefan.com

Your entitled to your opinion, but...

OGBJ20

Starter
What goes on this forum is insane. I been viewing posting for two years and I have never seen so many so called fans criticize and talk so negatively about the team that they so called love. If you are a fan of the team then you should ride with them WIN or lose. They play hard every night that they step on the floor. They may have their struggles but I for one believe that they will be better in the long run. The fair weather fans and their comments about players who have bad games are not those comments needed because most of them are contradictions of posts in the past or in the coming future when a player has a good game. Now as for me, I am the most critical of BJ on the universe and have the credentials to back it up. But as some or most posters on this board criticize players via this forum. I extend my expertise in discussing your posts if your ever at a game. I was at just about every game when he was on the bench all last year and I am still in sec 124 wearing a #2 shirt if you ever want to talk hoops or just say hello!! LGO!!!

Last edited:
OGBJ20 my apologies for those on this board that act like absolute morons . Personal attacks by adults, of 18 to 22 year olds playing a game shows the sad state of our society. Sure some live and die by Syracuse sports and the emotions after a loss sometimes gets the better of them. I would hope you know that the majority of fans with sanity and class do not post personal and critical comments. I few active posters can surely make it look like it is the majority however I think and hope that is not the case.

Keep in mind the source of the comments-- 30 , 40 and 50 yr olds some who cant walk a flight of stairs.

Fyi I hope and believe this goes on every message board and not just a Syracuse thing. Although I do admit that we are all spoiled including myself and have very high expectations for the program.

What goes on this forum is insane. I been viewing posting for two years and I have never seen so many so called fans criticize and talk so negatively about the team that they so called love. If you are a fan of the team then you should ride with them WIN or lose. They play hard every night that they step on the floor. They may have their struggles but I for one believe that they will be better in the long run. The fair weather fans and their comments about players who have bad games are not those comments needed because most of them are contradictions of posts in the past or in the coming future when a player has a good game. Now as for me, I am the most critical of BJ on the universe and have the credentials to back it up. But as some or most posters on this board criticize players via this forum. I extend my expertise in discussing your posts if your ever at a game. I was at just about every game when he was on the bench all last year and I am still in sec 124 wearing a #2 shirt if you ever want to talk hoops or just say hello!! LGO!!!

Immediately after games a majority of fans on any forum are going to talk crazy. Win or lose. We just tend to enjoy the craziness after wins. After losses, things get a bit more tense. Everyone is a fan though, and most everyone is on the same side in the end - and want all the kids to succeed (maybe not Fab Melo, but otherwise...). We're just not fun after a loss! :)

Just ignore the board for a bit after a loss. If you can...we all try, but most fail.

Ultimately, if Cooney hits 5 threes next game, he'll be a board favorite again. If BJ hits 5, well, that will validate that Cooney shouldn't be playing much at all. At the end of the day, most realize we're overreacting, but we're fanatics. Nobody ever really abandons ship though - except Igor and that poster whose GF went to Duke (j/k)

Usually after 48 hours we tend to get more reasonable.

Sorry we missed you at the game this time, Bobby. Great post and I'm with you. I got my head up. I still believe in these guys.

Criticizing alone does not make one a "fair weather fan".

Honest question, do you now see the wisdom of BJ red shirting last year? He would have 3 good years left after this one. Really, 2 sr years instead of 2 freshman years.

People can still be big Orange fans (after all, what else is there to live for?) and be critical.
And you don't have to have great basketball insight to see that there's a lot of room for criticism.
Even the coach has said there's a lot of work this team has to do to be ready for the ACC schedule.
We are NEXT TO LAST in all of D-1 in 3-point percentage (.209).
(Only Florida State is worse).
That is beyond pathetic and prompts completely reasonable questions such as:

Why do we shoot 22 three's in a game if we can't hit them?

What happened to that little curl play we used to run so well for Andy Rautins (and others)? Cooney hustles...he's fully capable of using a double screen for the catch and shoot. Other teams can't always be defending it so well. Where is it? Even if he misses that's no worse than what we've been doing.

double digit home loss to st. johns. honestly don't come here expecting a kick line. try asking JB sometime about a "good loss".

maybe you ought to go through and look at some of the posts concerning the poster's son.
it's a syracuse fan board. Lose a few games and people are going to be upset. Bj still gets his education paid for. All is not lost. He shouldn't read the board and probably a parent shouldn't either.

it's a syracuse fan board. Lose a few games and people are going to be upset. Bj still gets his education paid for. All is not lost. He shouldn't read the board and probably a parent shouldn't either.

Speaking of a "Fan" who got off the ride after the 3rd game of the season.

maybe you ought to go through and look at some of the posts concerning the poster's son.
Not saying that some posts aren't out of line. They should be reported so that the mods can delete them, but other than that, criticism seems to me to be fair game. Imagine how boring the board would be without a difference of opinion.

Not saying that some posts aren't out of line. They should be reported so that the mods can delete them, but other than that, criticism seems to me to be fair game. Imagine how boring the board would be without a difference of opinion.
yeah, "difference of opinion", that's the issue here :rolleyes:

Speaking of a "Fan" who got off the ride after the 3rd game of the season.
By the way, how did I get off the ride? Did I stop rooting for the team? Did I stop watching and living and dying on every trip down the court? No. I painfully said what I have never said before. We aren't good and won't be this year. And I added, I hope I am wrong. Blindly just saying we are great doesn't make you a better fan. It just makes you immature.

Been watching and rooting since 1999-2000 season. I can't help i was born in the 90's. My first game we beat Villanova that year.

Tell me how great of a show Welcome Back, Kotter was. Dad !!!
Never watched it. Did see the Louie and Bouie show though, young lad. Was at jb's first game and first win.
Born in the 90's??? Do you have your drivers license? Have you voted yet

By the way, how did I get off the ride? Did I stop rooting for the team? Did I stop watching and living and dying on every trip down the court? No. I painfully said what I have never said before. We aren't good and won't be this year. And I added, I hope I am wrong. Blindly just saying we are great doesn't make you a better fan. It just makes you immature.

I admit this team has issues and flaws. I prepared myself for a take a step back year. That didn't mean, I had us headed for the N.I.T

You said that 3 games into the season. Go back and look at your posts following the Cal game.

Never watched it. Did see the Louie and Bouie show though, young lad. Was at jb's first game and first win.

I have one and have done so. I'm sure you're very proud.

I have voted in 2 elections, and had my drivers license for 8 years since. Parents wouldn't let me drive to school though.

Trueblue25 said:
I have one and have done so. I'm sure you're very proud.

TrueBlue, are you CuseHulk?

I think I'm onto something here.

image-431991616.jpg

I admit this team has issues and flaws. I prepared myself for a take a step back year. That didn't mean, I had us headed for the N.I.T

You said that 3 games into the season. Go back and look at your posts following the Cal game.
why do I have to go back? If anything, I agree more with what I said. I hope we turn it around. people I resapect on this board disagree with me I hope they are right. But we are weak at pt guard. We have little outside shooting. We have no back up center. Chris can't do it. Not for any time. I don't like our depth. I think w eare the team we are beating for the last 40 years. Get this through your head, I don't want to be right. I love syracuse sports and have loved them a lot longer than you. We just aren't a very good team and that I don't expect to change. DC could help with that a bit. And someone could emerge. I juyst don't see it. Bubble team.

I have voted in 2 elections, and had my drivers license for 8 years since. Parents wouldn't let me drive to school though.
I wouldn't have either. My first year with my license I wasn't allowed to drive out of town.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom