Your entitled to your opinion, but... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Your entitled to your opinion, but...

CuseHulk said:
If anything. I have more of an issue with posters making it personal with players. Like calling Gbinije a cancer.

You've brought this up at least 3 times since that post. I don't know who made the post about that but it is ONE person who said that. You have now said it at least 2 more times than that person, does that make you any better?

dasher said:
I didn't catch that at first. Good one 2-3

I used to run a Yankees website back in the mid/late 2000s, you'd be surprised how many people had two forum accounts to try and spread their agenda and back up their own opinions. Wouldn't be surprised if it happens here.

What goes on this forum is insane. I been viewing posting for two years and I have never seen so many so called fans criticize and talk so negatively about the team that they so called love. If you are a fan of the team then you should ride with them WIN or lose. They play hard every night that they step on the floor. They may have their struggles but I for one believe that they will be better in the long run. The fair weather fans and their comments about players who have bad games are not those comments needed because most of them are contradictions of posts in the past or in the coming future when a player has a good game. Now as for me, I am the most critical of BJ on the universe and have the credentials to back it up. But as some or most posters on this board criticize players via this forum. I extend my expertise in discussing your posts if your ever at a game. I was at just about every game when he was on the bench all last year and I am still in sec 124 wearing a #2 shirt if you ever want to talk hoops or just say hello!! LGO!!!

I will be at every game this year as I have been since 1966(save my Navy years when I could not make every game), I will root for them to win every game, but I will not be blind to the fact that this year's team has warts. I hope that and expect that this team will improve over the course of the season. I do not project them to improve enough to make the NCAA Tourny however I hope I am wrong.
It is not disloyal or disrespectful to say players are not getting the job done, I think coach is telling them that pretty regularly. I believe the players know better than any of us that they are not currently playing well, at least I hope so.
We all want them to improve and succeed, occasionally someone goes over the top in their criticism. Try to ignore those that do. We pretty much all bleed orange sometimes to the point of minor insanity, but would you really prefer that no one gave a damn?

No worries OGBJ, fan passion has a good side and a dark side. Just try to ride the good and disregard the bad as much as possible.

One thing I'll say about BJ, he's shown a really nice all around game this year. I didn't expect him to rebound, pass or drive as well as he has this season. Once those outside jumpers drop more regularly and BJ really starts to feel the zone assignments in his bones he's going to be a force.

Seems like there are a couple posters on this thread who should review Joyce's "Norms of behavior" thread maybe?

You're all acting like a bunch of girls (sorry to the lady posters, no offense intended).

Criticizing alone does not make one a "fair weather fan".

Very true.

Specific criticisms are fair game.

On the other hand, calling the sophomores, eight games into their first meaningful playing time, a "bad group" or "messed up" doesn't make you a fair-weather fan. It makes you a moron.

Note: not you, Crusty. T'was not you that posted those things.

Seems like there are a couple posters on this thread who should review Joyce's "Norms of behavior" thread maybe?

Mods can ban me if they want but if a poster takes cheap shots at players or coaches, I am going to skewer them.

Eight games into their sophomore season, after receiving virtually no playing time as Frosh, we can definitively declare that the sophomore class is a lost cause? Really???

Too many borderline IQ-less posts on this board.

Mods can ban me if they want but if a poster takes cheap shots at players or coaches, I am going to skewer them.

Eight games into their sophomore season, after receiving virtually no playing time as Frosh, we can definitively declare that the sophomore class is a lost cause? Really???

Chill out dude. I agree with what you're saying (starting in your 3rd line). I don't let message boards get to me. Not worth it. My OP was not directed at you.

Chill out dude. I agree with what you're saying (starting in your 3rd line). I don't let message boards get to me. Not worth it. My OP was not directed at you.

I know it wasn't directed at me. And my response is not directed at you.

But this board is out of control and it really pisses me off.

I have been part of this board for over a decade and both the ball IQ and average IQ of the posters has declined precipitously over time.

I used to really enjoy it.

It has caused too many good posters to just hang it up (dick in MI) and move on. Jake rarely posts. Mason has almost disappeared. Thank a God for SWC, Tomcat and the General. 'Bees expepends most of his posts trying to talk some sense into a bunch of clueless idiots.

I hate that guys like them don't post anymore and I'm stuck reading posts by the board Clouseaus.

I've got so many people on ignore, I have to log out just to follow threads.

Last edited:

Or what about the posters, who just because they have been alive and watching Syracuse Basketball since the University was founded. Think they know more about basketball.

What goes on this forum is insane. I been viewing posting for two years and I have never seen so many so called fans criticize and talk so negatively about the team that they so called love. If you are a fan of the team then you should ride with them WIN or lose. They play hard every night that they step on the floor. They may have their struggles but I for one believe that they will be better in the long run. The fair weather fans and their comments about players who have bad games are not those comments needed because most of them are contradictions of posts in the past or in the coming future when a player has a good game. Now as for me, I am the most critical of BJ on the universe and have the credentials to back it up. But as some or most posters on this board criticize players via this forum. I extend my expertise in discussing your posts if your ever at a game. I was at just about every game when he was on the bench all last year and I am still in sec 124 wearing a #2 shirt if you ever want to talk hoops or just say hello!! LGO!!!

Hey OG-Wan-BJ-Kenobi (sorry, really dumb but have wanted to do that since I first saw your handle),

What would be awesome to see from you would be a synopsis of each game, or several games combined a la what General20 does.

Ie. strategy and tactics employed by JB and other coach, adjustments made, what team and individual players did well and what still needs some work etc.

I think the board would eat that up. I certainly would.

Would beat the He!! Out of reading about why Xmas isn't taking 25 shots even though he is being triple-teamed or why an entire recruiting class is a disaster.

I have been part of this board for over a decade and both the ball IQ and average IQ of the posters has declined precipitously over time.

It has caused too many good posters to just hang it up (dick in MI) and move on. Jake rarely posts. Mason has almost disappeared. Thank a God for SWC, Tomcat and the General. 'Bees expepends most of his posts trying to talk some sense into a bunch of clueless idiots.

I hate that guys like them don't post anymore and I'm stuck reading posts by the board Clouseaus.

I hear ya. Don't worry, my IQ is pretty good. :)

Forza, I agree with everything you say here... but what do you suggest we do about it? I, too, loved the old days with Dick in Michigan, Alibrat, Mason, Raoul Duke, Viva Peru, DomeFoam, LilJoe, etc (apologies to those I've omitted here). All those posters had a sense of humor and offered something in every post. Many times, their posts had an edge to them... but they were not stupid or nasty or repetitive. Also, they read the board before they posted, so we did not have 10 repetitive threads about Trevor Cooney (or whomever). Now we've had an influx of folks who can make 10 posts ... without inparting anything of value in any of them. As I said, what should we do about it? My subtle hints ( e.g., the "Norms of Behavior" post) don't seem to make any difference. Sometimes I think they are read only by the people who think as you do!

Last edited:

Imagine what will happen if the Cuse loses to a poor team. Let's give St. John's some credit. They have some good players, a lot of experience and made some important shots when it counted. Plus their defense (although arguably with the refs help) was pretty good. If we lose to Louisiana Tech (who is another good team, but the average poster won't recognize that) you might as well take a weeks sabbatical. The mod's will be working overtime.

Forza, I agree with everything you say here... but what do you suggest we do about it? I, too, loved the old days with Dick in Michigan, Alibrat, Mason, Raoul Duke, Viva Peru, DomeFoam, LilJoe, etc (apologies to those I've omitted here). All those posters had a sense of humor and offered something in every post. Many times, their posts had an edge to them... but they were not stupid or nasty. Now we've had an influx of folks who can make 10 posts ... without inparting anything of value in any of them. As I said, what should we do about it? My subtle hints ( e.g., the "Norms of Behavior" post) don't seem to make any difference. Sometimes I think they are read only by the people who think as you do!

Invitation-only board.

Posters start out in these boards and can be invited to join the invite-only board, based upon their behavior and posting history.

Invitation can either be at discretion of mods, majority of invite board members or something else.

Invitation-only board.

Posters start out in these boards and can be invited to join the invite-only board, based upon their behavior and posting history.

Invitation can either be at discretion of mods, majority of invite board members or something else.
I thought the payside eliminated some of this and would be one of the first to sign up, but let's quote Groucho anyway.

images

Or what about the posters, who just because they have been alive and watching Syracuse Basketball since the University was founded. Think they know more about basketball.

I know you've been going back and forth with Dasher.

I don't think he has been out of line or has jumped off the bandwagon.

In fact, I agree with much of what he has been saying and give him credit for recognizing it early on.

Right now we are struggling because teams can take away the inside and face guard Cooney and nobody else on the team can make them pay.

Personally, I think that the one guy who could become that 2nd shooter is BJ.

But sometimes it just takes time. Nichols really struggled as a Frosh and as a Soph.

Z is one of the most beloved point guards in 'cuse history but he really struggled his first three years and only really blossomed his senior year.

Look at Xmas. Guy is a monster this year. Nothing he did over his first three years would have made you think that he would play the way he has been playing this year.

I think all the sophs are going to be key players for us. But it may not be this year. Players all develop at their own pace.

Dasher has been discussing specific issues the team is having this year. That is very different from calling a player a cancer or calling an entire recruiting class a disaster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom