Your entitled to your opinion, but... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Your entitled to your opinion, but...

syracuse :) when we are winning this board is talking about final four runs when we hit a slump we are in full meltown any year.

uconn won the title game twice recently as a 9th seed and once finishing 9th in the big east. look at 8 seed kentucky last year.
You think we would learn,:crazy:

Heck this team has
a) 3 sophs and 3 freshmen, And all 6 of them have a ton of room to improve.
b) a jr (gbinije) who is just now stepping up to a more contributing role.
c) a senior who just made a huge jump over the summer with his game.
d) a shooter who has slowed down his game some for the moment, but could pick it up.

Some of us are acting like they are a 10 man veteran 5th year senior team, who all led the team last year, haven't changed their game, and can't.

honest truth in 15 years of watching cuse ball, I have never seen a team with a losing slump that was any more likely to come out of it than this one. Heck I don't even classify it as a slump I classify it to a team like kentucky last year, young.

Last edited:
What goes on this forum is insane. I been viewing posting for two years and I have never seen so many so called fans criticize and talk so negatively about the team that they so called love. If you are a fan of the team then you should ride with them WIN or lose. They play hard every night that they step on the floor. They may have their struggles but I for one believe that they will be better in the long run. The fair weather fans and their comments about players who have bad games are not those comments needed because most of them are contradictions of posts in the past or in the coming future when a player has a good game. Now as for me, I am the most critical of BJ on the universe and have the credentials to back it up. But as some or most posters on this board criticize players via this forum. I extend my expertise in discussing your posts if your ever at a game. I was at just about every game when he was on the bench all last year and I am still in sec 124 wearing a #2 shirt if you ever want to talk hoops or just say hello!! LGO!!!

OG, you're protective of BJ as any great parent would be of their child. And I totally understand and respect that. But this forum is no different than any other in the country. If BJ played for Canisius, he would never face an ounce of criticism from anyone. But he made the decision to play in the big leagues, and with that comes a TON of perks, but also passionate positive/negative emotions from the fanbase. It's just part of the deal - it's never personal.

I've got so many people on ignore, I have to log out just to follow threads.

maxresdefault-3.jpg

I am sorry that your son is being criticized. I myself am a realist and call it the way I see it.
Whenever I say anything I like to frame it on the coaching staff as they are the one's whom are paid. I think your son, Roberson, and Patterson haven't been given enough minutes to develop. The problem is on this board having this opinion is divisive because half the crowd will circle the wagons behind the coaching staff and others just want to criticize the coaches. This kills the discourse on the board. Sadly all discourse is dying.

I wish you and your family well I hope your son enjoys his time on the Hill.

What goes on this forum is insane. I been viewing posting for two years and I have never seen so many so called fans criticize and talk so negatively about the team that they so called love. If you are a fan of the team then you should ride with them WIN or lose. They play hard every night that they step on the floor. They may have their struggles but I for one believe that they will be better in the long run. The fair weather fans and their comments about players who have bad games are not those comments needed because most of them are contradictions of posts in the past or in the coming future when a player has a good game. Now as for me, I am the most critical of BJ on the universe and have the credentials to back it up. But as some or most posters on this board criticize players via this forum. I extend my expertise in discussing your posts if your ever at a game. I was at just about every game when he was on the bench all last year and I am still in sec 124 wearing a #2 shirt if you ever want to talk hoops or just say hello!! LGO!!!
Judging by the content of most of the posts on this board, most of our contributors never played basketball and also never had an off day at work, from day one. For the most part it's the rankings of wanna bes and never wases, who take college sports and the athletic exploits of teenagers and young men far too seriously.

I know you've been going back and forth with Dasher.

I don't think he has been out of line or has jumped off the bandwagon.

In fact, I agree with much of what he has been saying and give him credit for recognizing it early on.

Right now we are struggling because teams can take away the inside and face guard Cooney and nobody else on the team can make them pay.

Personally, I think that the one guy who could become that 2nd shooter is BJ.

But sometimes it just takes time. Nichols really struggled as a Frosh and as a Soph.

Z is one of the most beloved point guards in 'cuse history but he really struggled his first three years and only really blossomed his senior year.

Look at Xmas. Guy is a monster this year. Nothing he did over his first three years would have made you think that he would play the way he has been playing this year.

I think all the sophs are going to be key players for us. But it may not be this year. Players all develop at their own pace.

Dasher has been discussing specific issues the team is having this year. That is very different from calling a player a cancer or calling an entire recruiting class a disaster.
thanks Forza

I have been part of this board for over a decade and both the ball IQ and average IQ of the posters has declined precipitously over time.

Sorry, this isn't true. I've seen this accusation over and over. This site, just like all others, has a healthy number of days of the site saved and you can go back and see the previous iterations. I've literally gone back and read many old threads.

Maybe this manifestation isn't to your liking or maybe this site is becoming too popular and you are focusing on the poor posts, but looking back at the site (and I've been a member for quite a while, over a decade, easily, especially counting lurking) it's gotten better, overall.

I know it wasn't directed at me. And my response is not directed at you.

But this board is out of control and it really pisses me off.

I have been part of this board for over a decade and both the ball IQ and average IQ of the posters has declined precipitously over time.

I used to really enjoy it.

It has caused too many good posters to just hang it up (dick in MI) and move on. Jake rarely posts. Mason has almost disappeared. Thank a God for SWC, Tomcat and the General. 'Bees expepends most of his posts trying to talk some sense into a bunch of clueless idiots.

I hate that guys like them don't post anymore and I'm stuck reading posts by the board Clouseaus.

I've got so many people on ignore, I have to log out just to follow threads.

I know I would probably not be invited to the "black tie" board, but you are totally right. This forum has become unreadable.

I know I would probably not be invited to the "black tie" board, but you are totally right. This forum has become unreadable.

You'd have to be invited. Where else would we get the masterful images? I mean they.

I don't discuss any of the games results or players as a parent of one of the players. You should no that. I see things from a basketball mind first. I continue to advise my son on aspects of the game in knowing that he will eventually progress to where he needs to be and further. This is a maturation process for BJ and a test of his young will to overcome obstacles in Hoops as well as in LIFE."Not to Quit when your down or you don't get picked." I personally understand the bumps, lumps and bruises along the way of the course. It is easy to discuss these things concerning hoops to him from an early age. LGO!!!

TrueBlue, are you CuseHulk?

I think I'm onto something here.

View attachment 31283

CuseHulk actually reminds me quite a bit of a certain poster over on the Nunes board, one who posted a lot during the 2013-14 season, then more or less disappeared. For anyone on this board who also was on Nunes at that time, I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. That poster had a similar tendency to attack anyone he thought wasn't supporting the team enough, and was rewarded for his efforts with reactions similar to the ones CuseHulk gets on this board.

There are about 3500 registered members on this board, and I'd guess 400 or 500 of them account for most of the posts. Within that smaller group, maybe 10% of them are relentlessly negative, have idiotic agendas, are misinformed or are simply ignorant. Don't let them spoil your (or your son's ) experience here.

Are you kidding? With your legendary Photoshopping skills you would be on the Board of Directors of the black tie board.

This is why the football board is so much superior to this one.

I attribute it to the bandwagon basketball-only fans that plague the fanbase.

boom'd it

syracuse :) when we are winning this board is talking about final four runs when we hit a slump we are in full meltown any year.

uconn won the title game twice recently as a 9th seed and once finishing 9th in the big east. look at 8 seed kentucky last year.
You think we would learn,:crazy:

Heck this team has
a) 3 sophs and 3 freshmen, And all 6 of them have a ton of room to improve.
b) a jr (gbinije) who is just now stepping up to a more contributing role.
c) a senior who just made a huge jump over the summer with his game.
d) a shooter who has slowed down his game some for the moment, but could pick it up.

Some of us are acting like they are a 10 man veteran 5th year senior team, who all led the team last year, haven't changed their game, and can't.

honest truth in 15 years of watching cuse ball, I have never seen a team with a losing slump that was any more likely to come out of it than this one. Heck I don't even classify it as a slump I classify it to a team like kentucky last year, young.

This is not a Syracuse tradition...

well... i guess it is. But that is like saying "clapping" is a Syracuse tradition. All fanbases do it. And do it damn well.

Are you kidding? With your legendary Photoshopping skills you would be on the Board of Directors of the black tie board.

Ha.

The board has decreased in quality so much the past few years that I have cut back on uploading those.

Or what about the posters, who just because they have been alive and watching Syracuse Basketball since the University was founded. Think they know more about basketball.

Well, for better or worse, there is a wide range of basketball acumen displayed on this forum. There are some posters on here who have played at the collegiate level, coached the game, do know more about basketball strategy / tactics / X's and O's, and / or who have great sources of insight / information about the team from various trusted sources. There are others who haven't a clue about any of these things, but are avid basketball fans who think that they do. And there are many other posters who fit somewhere in the middle.

It doesn't take much effort to determine which posters fit into which group.

Age has nothing to do with it.

Being universally postive isn't a requirement, nor does being universally pessimistic make you an enlightened poster.

Last edited:
This is why the football board is so much superior to this one.

I attribute it to the bandwagon basketball-only fans that plague the fanbase.

Yeah the last decade or so has culled the football fan base down to the true die hards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom