Your Official SU-Miami Game Thread | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Miami Game Thread

Maybe if we recruited anybody people wouldn't have to be so worried that a mediocre player will come back.

How do you recruit someone who wants to play somewhere else? Women? Guns? Money? Kompromat? :noidea:

Last edited:
That's fine but don't kill the player. Kid's come a long way in a short time, and he wants it, which is helpful.

He's been non-existent all year on defense and almost non-existent on offense in all but a couple of occasions. I think people were actually pretty reasonable towards him today. Especially given how poorly he played.

We finally take the lead and then let Vasiljevic hit 2 3-pointers and take a charge on Battle. He killed us, no one else. You expect Murphy, Reed and Newton to hurt you. Not Vasiljevic. Two games against SU, 2 of his best performances. Says something about our defense.

Wait. You think Tyler Lydon is a mediocre player? That is your analysis of him. Well, we disagree. And when he gets a million bucks to play the game, that will be our answer.
He's going to the NBA because he has a PF body and can shoot threes. That's literally the only reason.

He's a decent college player but nothing special and he's certainly a very mediocre draft pick.

The only reason people are worried about him leaving is because A) He will because we're the only school that every player with a borderline 1st round draft grade leaves and B) Our recruiting has been absolute trash lately.. I wonder if our HC not ever visiting anyone has something to do with that, hmm...

The good news today:
1. I don't need no-doz after watching that VERY s-l-o-w paced game.
2. Lydon will be back next season. Another nothing game from a supposed NBA player.
3. Yep, I'm ready to say good-bye to Robey and Howard.
On #3, yes , yes and yes.

Wait. You think Tyler Lydon is a mediocre player? That is your analysis of him. Well, we disagree. And when he gets a million bucks to play the game, that will be our answer.

In the context of humans who play basketball? No. Division I players, no.

Placed in the class of "Syracuse early-entrants"...maybe that tag fits.

Yeah blame the guy with the least natural talent and most heart. Whatever floats your boat.

So much heart. He's selfish, and came here to audition. Heart is doing what it takes to win. Like rebounding, and passing to your teammates. He stands around, and only cares about his offense. He wants to be the star, but he isn't.

Gillon cost us the game today? LOL One, we have two wins on the road. And no team that we are on the bubble win would have much more if at all with the teams we played on the road. No one on the bubble was going to win at Wisky, UNC or N.D.. No one.

Thanks for the correction...

But Gillon played terribly today. Especially in the first half. And I'll stand by it, we don't deserve a bid a bid.

Gillon cost us the game today? LOL One, we have two wins on the road. And no team that we are on the bubble win would have much more if at all with the teams we played on the road. No one on the bubble was going to win at Wisky, UNC or N.D.. No one.

We lost at BC.

He's going to the NBA because he has a PF body and can shoot threes. That's literally the only reason.

He's a decent college player but nothing special and he's certainly a very mediocre draft pick.
LOL He is going to the NBA because he has a PF body and he can hit 3's. sounds easy to me. Mediocre. Everyone must have players like him.

Teams with 14 losses making the big dance are as bad as 6 - 6 football teams making holiday bowl games. It shouldn't happen!

We finally take the lead and then let Vasiljevic hit 2 3-pointers and take a charge on Battle. He killed us, no one else. You expect Murphy, Reed and Newton to hurt you. Not Vasiljevic. Two games against SU, 2 of his best performances. Says something about our defense.
Does scoring 57 points say anything about our offense?

Battle giveth and Battle taketh away. That missed dunk was an absolute killer. Then he follow it up with an awful 3-point attempt. Then White takes his worst shot of the day. This team does not deserve to make the tournament.

That was a somewhat shocking sequence. I didn't expect the two horrid possessions that followed the missed dunk.

He's a sophomore and you're calling him mediocre if he comes back. Everyone complains about guys leaving early, but nobody has any patience for players to develop and stay for 3-4 years. I don't know how that's enjoyable for anyone who watches the game.

I'll add something to this (OK, arguable if "add" is the right word).

Four-year players are much more fun to watch, but maybe it's worth asking -- for both players and fans -- if the development associated with four years at SU can be realized.

Because it's gotten a little tiresome watching a talented player like Roberson get to the point where he's told to get an offensive rebound out of his hands as quickly as possible. And where Lydon follows a pump-fake-free freshman year learning to wreck his offensive game with a weird tic on every catch.

LOL He is going to the NBA because he has a PF body and he can hit 3's. sounds easy to me. Mediocre. Everyone must have players like him.

If you think Lydon has an NBA powerforward's body then you dont know anything about the NBA

The only reason people are worried about him leaving is because A) He will because we're the only school that every player with a borderline 1st round draft grade leaves and B) Our recruiting has been absolute trash lately.. I wonder if our HC not ever visiting anyone has something to do with that, hmm...
In our recruiting has been absolute trash. Okay. Last two years, Mali, first round pick. Lydon, will be a first round pick when he goes. Where do you think battle and Thompson will go? 4 first round picks in two years isn't trash in my book.

Ok, what else does he do?

Can't create his own shot.

Can't dribble.

No mid-range game.

Adequate post game although he's soft around the rim and will get out-muscled unless he takes every testosterone supplement known to man.

Ok rebounder.

Decent shot blocker.

Not overly athletic.

Bottom Line: He plays for Syracuse, gets a lot of exposure and can shoot threes in a PF's body. That's the only thing he does on an NBA level.

Gillon cost us the game today?

I didn't take it that way. His point was as a team, we win when JG plays well and otherwise we don't. To me that means the rest of the team struggles to pull us up without him. They can't make up the difference that we don't get when he's not on his game. And I think that's correct. The difference may be subtle, but that's the way I took it anyway. :noidea:

lydon ain't helping out his own case at all. if you asked a neutral party to pick out the NBA draft pick on the floor today... lydon ain't getting many votes. big time players show up in big times. he didn't.

miami got away with awful offense by making long 3s. sometimes you have to live with that. at home we blow them out again with the same effort.
The officiating for a stretch of 5 min also. There were three calls in a row that were tough to take.

You have to understand why people are frustrated with Lydon, right? He's an incredible natural basketball talent - one of the best we've ever had - but it's as if he doesn't realize it and enjoys playing basketball about as much as Roberson does.

In our recruiting has been absolute trash. Okay. Last two years, Mali, first round pick. Lydon, will be a first round pick when he goes. Where do you think battle and Thompson will go? 4 first round picks in two years isn't trash in my book.
We're friggin Syracuse and we get one or two good players a year. ZERO depth. ZERO room for error. Better hope no injuries or early entrants.

Yea, our recruiting is awesome... Middle of the pack ACC squad. Cool.

I'll add something to this (OK, arguable if "add" is the right word).

Four-year players are much more fun to watch, but maybe it's worth asking -- for both players and fans -- if the development associated with four years at SU can be realized.

Because it's gotten a little tiresome watching a talented player like Roberson get to the point where he's told to get an offensive rebound out of his hands as quickly as possible. And where Lydon follows a pump-fake-free freshman year learning to wreck his offensive game with a weird tic on every catch.
Whoever said Roberson was a talented player? He can rebound, sometimes. He has never had an offensive game. And that is on both him and the coaches. But more on him. Other kids have improved. He didn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom