Your Song of the Day | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Your Song of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lori Lieberman, the story is...she was inspired to write the words to this song (possibly the melody also) while watching a Don McLean performance. How much of the song that she's responsible for is disputed.

The original recording of the song.

Okay I scrolled through the thread. Just a few comments. The "new music" I hear on the radio rarely has anything that makes me want to play it again. Rap/hip hop have no appeal to me. But to each his own so go for it.

I do like most of the folk/roots/blues acts that come through town or appear at the summer festivals.

It was interesting to see some erstwhile influences whom posters thought were worth posting links for here. I mean what the heck, there's only eleven notes. :) But Leader of the Pack was bad then, and it's bad now. Somehow I ended up with a 45 of it (I know I didn't buy it), and it was one I donated to the softball throw on Varsity Night.

Robert Earl Keen caught my ear here. Always liked Lucinda Williams. Saw Trucks Tedeschi a few years ago, good music but not much for a stage presentation. They just walked out, tuned up, played and left. It was sorta like listening to a CD.

These guys are worth a listen or to see live. They're Canadian, although Colin Linden (slide player) now lives in Nashville. B&TRK is an act they put together as a tribute to Willie P Bennett, but was successful so they get back together about once a year or so and tour/record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom