Zach Allen - ESPN | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen - ESPN

Let's hope we schedule TCU at home in 2 years. Lock em in the dome.

On a serious note, why not go after Asiantii Woulard, the kid that de-committed from USF?

I'm not a recruit-nik...so pardon my ignorance.

Did TCU offer Allen all along? Or was this a new push?

Temple QB Allen switches to TCU...

Temple High School quarterback Zach Allen, 6-3, 185, has switched his commitment from Syracuse to T.C.U.

Allen, who passed for 2,175-yards and 24-TD's and ran for 941-yards and 9-TD's as a senior, visited T.C.U. on Wednesday and committed on Friday night.

Allen told David Smoak, "With the coaching change at Syracuse, I decided to visit T.C.U. and with the uncertainty at Syracuse with the change at head coach and offensive coordinator, and after long talks with my family, I'm excited to be a Horned Frog." Allen continued, "The last week has been very stressful for me and my family, we talked quite a bit about it, I'm definitely relieved. You know, I've remained committed to Syracuse for over six-months and I wouldn't have visited T.C.U. has there not been a coaching change in the first place at Syracuse."

His high school head coach, Mike Spradlin told Smoak, "I think the switch with their coaching staff opened up this opportunity, and T.C.U. was on Zach hard early on in the recruiting process."

Zach is currently not in the TCU student directory. I tried "Zachary" and "Zach" but no results.

http://www.tcu.edu/directories.asp

This is devastating news if true. I don't want to hear about "these are 17 year old kids". These kids are disloyal brats, who lack class and honor, IMHO. This late in the game, to do this, is very unbecoming and pathetic. That is my stance.

He is suppose to enroll at TCU on Monday according to Smoaks twitter page.

I don't blame the guy. As much as we feel like the rug was pulled out from under our feet, imagine how he felt seeing Marrone and Hackett go.

We don't have an OC in place and this kid is going to school on Monday. Big risk to go from Texas to CNY with no OC in place and several great offers in hand.

I hope he does well.

Temple QB Allen switches to TCU...

Temple High School quarterback Zach Allen, 6-3, 185, has switched his commitment from Syracuse to T.C.U.

Allen, who passed for 2,175-yards and 24-TD's and ran for 941-yards and 9-TD's as a senior, visited T.C.U. on Wednesday and committed on Friday night.

Allen told David Smoak, "With the coaching change at Syracuse, I decided to visit T.C.U. and with the uncertainty at Syracuse with the change at head coach and offensive coordinator, and after long talks with my family, I'm excited to be a Horned Frog." Allen continued, "The last week has been very stressful for me and my family, we talked quite a bit about it, I'm definitely relieved. You know, I've remained committed to Syracuse for over six-months and I wouldn't have visited T.C.U. has there not been a coaching change in the first place at Syracuse."

His high school head coach, Mike Spradlin told Smoak, "I think the switch with their coaching staff opened up this opportunity, and T.C.U. was on Zach hard early on in the recruiting process."
ok he's gone, disregard my previous posts lol

I don't blame the guy. As much as we feel like the rug was pulled out from under our feet, imagine how he felt seeing Marrone and Hackett go?

We don't have an OC in place and this kid is going to school on Monday. Big risk to go from Texas to CNY with no OC in place and several great offers in hand.

I hope he does well.
Agree 99% with your post...I don't blame him or his family in the least...I don't hope he does well nor do I hope he fails. I'd say good luck but that's about it

Didn't really see him ever coming after Hackett bounced. Class starts in 2 days and he doesn't even have an offense coordinator. Totally bummed but I can't blame him.

Our class is going into the shitter. Not just because of Allen leaving because he was trying to hold this class together and was trying to be the voice, now the voice is gone, !!!!

Wow... just beyond pissed. And to read this tweet as his twitter background is still a picture of the Dome just adds a little salt.

Bad post, i wish no 18 year old kid ill will for making a life decision, although he could have handled it better.
Agree. Just wish him nothing. And move on. Wilson just became super important.

If he wasn't tweeting and interviewing like he was coming here and lying about it I wouldn't be so mad. But a total lack of integrity to not just say "I'm going to look around" after marrone left. Not sure why he would lie about it.

Agreed. Didn't he just come out and say he was fully committed like Wednesday? Seems to me he was looking to jump at the best offer.

I could never wish ill will on a high school kid, I had such a hard time deciding where I went to college. BUT this one hurts and I will hold a little grudge towards TCU.

Good luck to him I guess

Agreed. Didn't he just come out and say he was fully committed like Wednesday? Seems to me he was looking to jump at the best offer.

I could never wish ill will on a high school kid, I had such a hard time deciding where I went to college. BUT this one hurts and I will hold a little grudge towards TCU.

Good luck to him I guess
I love your signature picture, do you realize that those two coaches have over 900 wins between them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom