Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he only signed a contract then a mystical spell would have been placed over him and he never, ever would have been able to leave the castle... err, I mean the DC job at SU.

But imagine the buyout for a DC?

That kind of coin could fund 3 seasons of Edsall bonuses.

I wonder what P’s reaction would be. Not that he should be a candidate. But that dude loves football

Easier schedule in a major p5 conference, but plenty here have made good arguments against me. So I’ll admit defeat on this one

The easier schedule probably isn't a positive selling point to most coaches/players. Getting an opportunity to match up against the best is where most ultra-competitive folks would lean. We've been beat down for so long that we think that playing Wake and BC instead of Bama and A&M is a positive.

Best case scenario for Him is that his defense crushes it and keeps them in games and Leach doesn’t score enough points to keep up and win games and Leach gets fired year 2 and he takes over the reigns at SEC program. This guy certainly is looking after himself and probably realized how much harder the other elements of the job like recruiting and what not would be at Cuse versus MsU. Annoying but it happens. I’m pumped SU steppes up and tried to pay him. That’s encouraging and nice silver lining

Based on what exactly? On Lewis going to Kent St? Need to get out of the Cuse bubble if you really think we're a better job than Miss St. They win more games, get more fans, get better recruits, get more exposure, bring in more money and generally get paid better. I don't really see how you can argue with any of that.

You missed more scrutiny, less of a leash, and crazy SEC boosters willing to fire a HC coach after two seasons.

If we’re so low , why are you here , you put out more negative drivel then any poster I know

I'm a fan and always will be but a lot of folks expectations and thoughts on our position in the college football landscape are completely disconnected from reality. In this case I think its clear to see that Clemson, FSU and Miami are in their own world in tier 1 where money doesn't matter and they can get top 10 recruiting classes regardless of record. Tier 2 is UNC, VT, Louisville, UVA. They all have clear advantages in almost all areas over us. Do you actually disagree with that?

I wonder what P’s reaction would be. Not that he should be a candidate. But that dude loves football

If we are desperate enough to have to consider him he’s probably a good choice. It’s been long enough and he hasn’t been exactly playing shuffle board all this time.

Well pay a million a year for coordinators. Let’s go get a f”@&$ing new one. Arnet is a b”@. Play a real defense.

Being as slimy as MSU and poaching someone’s DC for 1 mil is definitely the best option.

Remember whomever it is will have to get a big raise because it’ll be a worse look than Arentt who has no ties to us.

You missed more scrutiny, less of a leash, and crazy SEC boosters willing to fire a HC coach after two seasons.
Not gonna go to far in life expecting to fail. Also probably not the worst thing to collect a fat buyout check and end up where you were before.

change of gears: he sucks anyway, and he can take his weak disciple copycat B-grade version of a real coach’s one of a kind gimmick defense to redneck-ville and get run on a weekly basis.

Just because you run a 46, it don’t make you Buddy Ryan.

Just because you killed Jesse James, it don’t make you Jesse James.

Yeah! That’s the ticket. I feel better now.
That would make you Bob Ford, but I digress. Arnett sucks bilge water.

Last edited:
If we're willing to get up towards $1m for coordinators than that changes a lot of things. Dealing with significantly higher level field as opposed to the $500k range we were thinking the 1st time around.

If we're willing to get up towards $1m for coordinators than that changes a lot of things. Dealing with significantly higher level field as opposed to the $500k range we were thinking the 1st time around.
I’m actually a bit concerned we were going to pay a 33 year old with no experience a milly.

While Starkville is The Garden of Eden

You’d ha
when the dust settles Dino’s likely gone as soon as a bigger offer comes his way. who wants to deal with scratching and clawing for coaches on top of recruits. Clearly the SEC is the holy graileven for the teams that historically suck.

I suppose he could land another job if someone is willing to take Dino with limited success. I’ll be surprised if we win more than 5 or 6 games each of the next two seasons. Dino is now grasping for straws, trying to find something new that works. Now we’re back to square one with the defense and recruiting is simply average. Sure, Dino could leave but it probably won’t be because he’s overly successful.

Not gonna go to far in life expecting to fail. Also probably not the worst thing to collect a fat buyout check and end up where you were before.

The argument was about what was better for his career. Not sure 2nd tier SEC with a fire breathing HC and insane out-of-whack boosters is the better move

1579737033810.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors