Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d ha

I suppose he could land another job if someone is willing to take Dino with limited success. I’ll be surprised if we win more than 5 or 6 games each of the next two seasons. Dino is now grasping for straws, trying to find something new that works. Now we’re back to square one with the defense and recruiting is simply average. Sure, Dino could leave but it probably won’t be because he’s overly successful.

lol

You’d ha

I suppose he could land another job if someone is willing to take Dino with limited success. I’ll be surprised if we win more than 5 or 6 games each of the next two seasons. Dino is now grasping for straws, trying to find something new that works. Now we’re back to square one with the defense and recruiting is simply average. Sure, Dino could leave but it probably won’t be because he’s overly successful.

you’ll be surprised - insert glass half empty take on everything - im shocked

You’d ha

Your ceiling is 6 wins the next two years? I may have to revoke your fan carD

You’d ha

in a thread where our new DC is so good he got poached for an SEC job after we matched and is known to run a different system, this poster thinks “he’s grasping at straws”

I’m used to negative posts, but this one isn’t even good

The argument was about what was better for his career. Not sure 2nd tier SEC with a fire breathing HC and insane out-of-whack boosters is the better move
I don't know man. Their floor seems to be what we pray to get to. They went to a bowl game every single year last decade with 4 9+ win seasons mixed in. Dino has managed that once in 4 years with 3 stinkers mixed in and we act like he's a God.

you’ll be surprised - insert glass half empty take on everything - im shocked

I knew that would be your response. But that’s my opinion whether it’s popular or not.

You’d ha

We're going to win 9 next year

how exactly are we humiliated? I don't feel humiliated. A guy we have no idea whether he would succeed here, left before we could find out. There are a lot of other guys out there. We'll get one.
I agree but I think HCDB and Wildhack learned a hard lesson but an obvious one to me - that there are people out there in this world that are not their word AND that it is all about the $.

I don't think Babers is the kind of individual who even thought this was going to happen. His standards are too high on a personal level - Well Dino in this dirty, real world there are assh**** like Arnett who played SU his way even though he had a feel good letter to everyone in the PS. People like him you don't want around Syracuse. They leave a bad taste and smell behind them. It doesn't matter whether some think this is a typical move. Unfortunately it happens. But only Arnett, Wildhack and Babers know about this right?

Coaches and people usually end up getting what they give and this will come back to bite him in the ass in many ways IMHO. GOSU ;)

Last edited:
in a thread where our new DC is so good he got poached for an SEC job after we matched and is known to run a different system, this poster thinks “he’s grasping at straws”

I’m used to negative posts, but this one isn’t even good

And you know that the new defense was going to work? Or that it would work in a year or two?

I'm a fan and always will be but a lot of folks expectations and thoughts on our position in the college football landscape are completely disconnected from reality. In this case I think its clear to see that Clemson, FSU and Miami are in their own world in tier 1 where money doesn't matter and they can get top 10 recruiting classes regardless of record. Tier 2 is UNC, VT, Louisville, UVA. They all have clear advantages in almost all areas over us. Do you actually disagree with that?
[/
Miami and FSU are not big money programs

1579738562129.png

I agree but I think HCDB and Wildhack learned a hard lesson but an obvious one to me - that there are people out there in this world that are not their word AND that it is all about the $.

I don't think Babers is the kind of individual who even thought this was going to happen. His standards are too high on a personal level - Well Dino in this dirty, real world there are assh**** like Arnett who played SU his way even though he had a feel good letter to everyone in the PS. People like him you don't want around Syracuse. They leave a bad taste and smell behind them.

But, coaches and people usually end up getting what they give and this will come back to bite him in the ass in many ways IMHO. GOSU ;)
You think John Wildhack just learned today that money talks and the world can be cruel?

My goodness, this board finds ways to reach new levels of stupidity every day.

The idea that Syracuse won't spend money can be put to rest. He didn't want to be there.
Staring that in the face...I wish it was the money. Seems like a lot of people don't want to be here. Makes me wonder what I'm missing.

This is a pretty awesome little corner of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom