Zion got paid to go to Duke | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Zion got paid to go to Duke

Everyone who saw the movie Blue Chips knows how this stuff goes down.

Syracuse got screwed in 2015. The fact we took it is such garbage.
The NCAA doesn’t care about fairness. I am glad Oliver Luck got screwed from the XFL he led the charge against us.

Duke is making some news lately...

I agree with everything in the blue box, but it’s stunning in its hypocrisy, with the Zion sitch playing out right in front of him.

if you get a million from anyone and dont report it its illegal. even if its gift for nothing
At the federal level, this is wrong.
If the gift is under $15K, then it does not need to be reported or accounted for. (Some states have their own gift tax rules. NY has no lifetime gift tax, just a bad estate tax rule.)

If it is a gift of OVER $15,000.00, then it must be reported BY THE GIVER, but no taxes need be paid on it, as long as it is less than $11.5M (cumulative life time total). IF a gift tax is due, it is the GIVER who pays it, not the receiver. The receiver of a GIFT owes no tax liability for the transferred asset. Its a gift, not income or compensation.

When there is a condition to the "gift", such as go to Duke and play basketball, and I will give you money, that is, IMO, compensation, not a gift, and is, therefore, taxable.

There may be some tax recapture of previously non-taxable gifts which are made within 3 years of death (gift causa mortis), but only if the recapture of those gifts bring the estate into a taxable amount.)

If the NCAA decides to do anything, this probably goes back to at least Jabari Parker. That would be exactly 200 wins.

please I need this.gif

I will say this. It is common knowledge that Zion's family was provided a house.
I am sure "jobs" were given, and "rent" was paid. Might be the same guy who took care of Duhon's mom. Big booster and company.

They will play the Cam Newton card and Zion/Duke will get a pass while the parent's will be punished!

I will say this. It is common knowledge that Zion's family was provided a house.
Owned by a Thomas Morris...Duke alumni. SHOCKED I TELL YA.
$950,000 value
Almost $5,000 rent/month.

3 Luxury vehicles (Escalade, Yukon, GWagon)

But they could afford it right.

Owned by a Thomas Morris...Duke alumni. SHOCKED I TELL YA.
$950,000 value
Almost $5,000 rent/month.

3 Luxury vehicles (Escalade, Yukon, GWagon)

But they could afford it right.
That house, alone, ought to be enough evidence to warrant crushing penalties.

Nothing changes until schools like Duke and Kentucky get punished.
Kentucky has been punished multiple times. There is an established cultural acceptance and encouragement of cheating. Most schools would have had the death penalty by now.

The penalties have to be far more severe than one missed post season. If you can thrive by getting away with ‘murder’ for decades, and then lose only one tournament, you’d almost be stupid not to cheat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom