Zion | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Zion

He's played 114 of a possible 328 games. 29 of the last 164 and keeps getting fatter.

20 mpg on someone who was suppose to be a franchise player is crazy for what anyone would have to give up.
You are of course correct in what you say. The idea of my post was to get his feet wet in year one, preserve his health with limited minutes, and gradually build him up for the long term. RF was also correct in his comments about Zion weighing 270. Clearly, part of the process with him would be to figure out the weight he should be playing at and to get him there and keep him there.

This is a young player with mega-talent. You want to see if he can be an Embiid and not a Sam Bowie.

Let's remember, because of his injury history he will be available at a discount relative to his upside, but, of course, for that discount there will be risk that the upside is never obtained.

As talented as he is, I wouldn’t want him on my team. Just my thoughts. If ur injury prone but don’t watch ur weight, how much do u care about what u do. Dieting isn’t easy for guys like him but it could be the difference of say 50,000,000 or more. He has had it fairly easy over the years and as everyone knows it’s not always easy. Now is the hard part for him. Suck it up get down to 240 or whatever they want him at and get the big check or don’t and do what ur doing now.

Just hire a nutritionist and chef. He can afford it. It depends how important it is for him. It seems like he wants to spend his money on everything else.

As I understand it that's been done over multiple times. He won't prioritize it and has contended he was in great shape and done more than what's necessary to be ready. That second contract I fear was awful for all parties especially Zion.

As I understand it that's been done over multiple times. He won't prioritize it and has contended he was in great shape and done more than what's necessary to be ready. That second contract I fear was awful for all parties especially Zion.
Teams are their own worst enemy. Way too many NBA players get paid for their potential instead of their production. Zion is the worst kind of temptation because when he plays he is extraordinary and makes those around him better. Personally I'd rather have had Randle the last 4 years.

Winning Fantasy Football GIF by IBM Sports

There are people among us that predicted that before he left Durham. He has always been completely lacking the very most important ability for any athlete in any sport.

Yep. There were quite a few of us.

As talented as he is, I wouldn’t want him on my team. Just my thoughts. If ur injury prone but don’t watch ur weight, how much do u care about what u do. Dieting isn’t easy for guys like him but it could be the difference of say 50,000,000 or more. He has had it fairly easy over the years and as everyone knows it’s not always easy. Now is the hard part for him. Suck it up get down to 240 or whatever they want him at and get the big check or don’t and do what ur doing now.
me neither...i hve the odd feeling that he is taking his first contract off bc he doesnt want to be in a small market and once he gets traded to a big market like new york he will start to take things seriously.

the way the nba structures contracts and the way they move talent around the league seriously distorts the oncourt balance of play imo

Teams are their own worst enemy. Way too many NBA players get paid for their potential instead of their production. Zion is the worst kind of temptation because when he plays he is extraordinary and makes those around him better. Personally I'd rather have had Randle the last 4 years.

Indeed. Unfortunately, it's generally the current day standard/day in the life of all major professional sports teams and their respective athletes nowadays. I posted a similar sentiment in the NYS NIL thread relative to Francisco Lindor and his 10 year $340 mil contract. Batting .217 (at the time of the post) now in his 3rd season with the Mets and batted .230 his first year with them. Just one of numerous examples that are out there.

These guys getting paid based on potential vs. production is complete lunacy. And, us idiotic fans contributed considerably to this runaway train environment, etc. of the so called "market value" dream world they live and play in.

Exactly. It doesn't matter how many people you pay to develop programs for you if you don't want to do the work.

Indeed. Unfortunately, it's generally the current day standard/day in the life of all major professional sports teams and their respective athletes nowadays. I posted a similar sentiment in the NYS NIL thread relative to Francisco Lindor and his 10 year $340 mil contract. Batting .217 (at the time of the post) now in his 3rd season with the Mets and batted .230 his first year with them. Just one of numerous examples that are out there.

These guys getting paid based on potential vs. production is complete lunacy. And, us idiotic fans contributed considerably to this runaway train environment, etc. of the so called "market value" dream world they live and play in.
Lindor is a bad example because he was an all-star with Cleveland before the trade with the Mets. Now, if you want to say they should have given him an incentive laden contract, that's a different argument. But, to knock them for paying him only on potential fails to recognize his past performance, which was the basis for his contract. Rookie contracts are speculative by definition.

Regardless of his batting average, Lindor remains one of the five best shortstops in MLB. Whether that is worth $340 million is certainly debatable, but batting average is a poor indicator of a player's contribution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom