Zone getting torched | Syracusefan.com

Zone getting torched

Almost the entire game too. Best shooting team ever that can't defend a 40 year old rec center team.

Just pass the ball 4 times against this team and all 5 guys are now chasing their shadows while 2 guys are wide open 4 feet behind the 3 point line.
its sad how 2 or 3 quick passes completely puts this defense into absolute irrecoverable chaos.

i think it will be a lot better by the end of the season...but its gonna be ugly for the most part.

Our slow footed guys got beat for rebounds all game. Fear this is gonna be ugly against a big step up in talent at Atlantis tourney.

Our slow footed guys got beat for rebounds all game. Fear this is gonna be ugly against a big step up in talent at Atlantis tourney.
i am guilty of looking too much into the first 2 wins...lafayette and drexel are apparently not the creme de la creme of NCAA...not sure, but I dont think Colgate is either.

i can predict the press conference now though - "they made shots" "theyre a great team"...

this was a tough loss no doubt.

The problem is what makes it get better? Guys aren’t getting faster and more athletic.
its a good question.

speed and athleticism is a big part of it.

But I also think it is just weird movements...uncoordinated and out of sync...players are overcollapsing and leaning the wrong way and failing to rotate... like only moving after the player they are supposed to be guarding is already shooting...which from my guess is due to not knowing where to go and where to be.

I do not think the problem is solely due to speed and athleticism...but that certainly is not wehre it needs to be for the zone to be as good as it can be.

i think these players can play the zone a lot better...think of it - benny, jimmy cole symir havent played it all - and it usually takes a season or two for a player to really have it down. frank really hasnt played much. jesse has never been a starter. buddy and jg3 are slow/and or small. they need to figure it out first. which will take most of the season, probably.

but like the full court press ...its not gonna work with jg3 and buddy out there, imo. not really.

We dropped from 82 to 116 in KenPom defensive efficiency in one game. That’s not gonna get it done. Offensive efficiency is still top 20. Note, VCU’s offensive efficiency is in the 200s but their defense is top 25. Total opposite teams playing on Wednesday. It’ll be an interesting matchup. We have tended to shoot well when we play in the tiny gyms (or ballrooms) of Atlantis and Maui.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom