Zone Implodes - Press Was Worse... | Syracusefan.com

Zone Implodes - Press Was Worse...

If we have no offense and we have no defense, what are the coaches teaching the players? I’m guessing table manners? I bet our guys are super polite
Sooo... what if I told you in both of the last two seasons we've had starters throw punches / slaps...

Just awful on D. And naturally no real adjustment from Jimmy.

They totally dominated our inside game.

Box said they had five blocks - it felt like 10.

Jess was totally neutralized and then some.
It’s hard to adjust when you don’t recruit and retain well for a six-year period.

College basketball is all about talent, culture and game-day coaching. We have the last. We certainly have not had the first.

Grocho Marx comes to mind. Our secret word is pass. We have yet to discover it.

Our offense is dribble drive. Since Judah is the only one that can execute dribble drive, we play one on five.

Last year we joined the rest of the Nation by trying outside shooting. Same story, too many missing pieces.

Seems like most everyone is blaming the staff but me. I predicted this when we joined this conference. As a member of the ACC we will always be an outlier when it comes to recruiting.

Duke is better at every position except Judah. They are two deep with athletes and they are bigger, stronger and faster. Anyone who says Scheyer can’t coach can now keep quiet. They are well coached and execute well. The difference in talent is huge. Brown, Bell, and Taylor can’t compete with that level of athletes. None of them can remotely get by anyone and Brown is a layup and nothing more on offense. This roster needs a complete overhaul through the portal if we want to play with teams like Duke. The difference in talent tonight was startling. JB said this is our best freshmen class?

Our offense is dribble drive. Since Judah is the only one that can execute dribble drive, we play one on five.

Last year we joined the rest of the Nation by trying outside shooting. Same story, too many missing pieces.

Seems like most everyone is blaming the staff but me. I predicted this when we joined this conference. As a member of the ACC we will always be an outlier when it comes to recruiting.
It's not about the conference. We need a change... desperately.
If Hop stays, I predict we're not having this discussion. But he didn't, and we all know why.

Jim said our defense was good. So I don’t know what you’re talking about.
Defense early was okay. I saw several very good possessions and we had like 4-5 steals for transition. Unfortunately couldn’t secure some rebounds. Then it cratered as Duke went on the run. But tonight by far was the offense being the problem.

Defense early was okay. I saw several very good possessions and we had like 4-5 steals for transition. Unfortunately couldn’t secure some rebounds. Then it cratered as Duke went on the run. But tonight by far was the offense being the problem.
The Zone was generally terrible but without those steals in the first half, we score in the teens. The offense was horrendous

Seems like most everyone is blaming the staff but me. I predicted this when we joined this conference. As a member of the ACC we will always be an outlier when it comes to

You’re not alone re the ACC move. It’s also the staff, JBs age, all zone etc. but we are not where the best ACC recruits go. You are correct. What we are is where top Big East recruits used to go.

Sorry if all my posts on this topic are the same, but we are literally just rolling the ball out at this point. It's Weekend at Bernie's... if Bernie was somehow capable of making snide remarks to the press.
The players aren’t far off from being Bernie either.

It's no coincidence this downfall started with the move to the ACC but we had no choice because of football. I am a football supporter BTW and don't blame football for the malaise.

It’s hard to adjust when you don’t recruit and retain well for a six-year period.

College basketball is all about talent, culture and game-day coaching. We have the last. We certainly have not had the first.

This is the whole deal. Without the talent it's over before it starts. We spend our time arguing about which mediocre players should replace the other mediocre players and which defense the mediocre players should play. None of it matters until the recruiting is fixed. How many players in our starting lineup would even be on our roster during 2010-2014? Everything else is just noise.

That is such a lame excuse. SU basketball unlike football is located in the heart of the best talent in the country. We have zero excuses when it comes to recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom