Zone Implodes - Press Was Worse... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zone Implodes - Press Was Worse...

This is the whole deal. Without the talent it's over before it starts. We spend our time arguing about which mediocre players should replace the other mediocre players and which defense the mediocre players should play. None of it matters until the recruiting is fixed. How many players in our starting lineup would even be on our roster during 2010-2014? Everything else is just noise.
100%

Defense early was okay. I saw several very good possessions and we had like 4-5 steals for transition. Unfortunately couldn’t secure some rebounds. Then it cratered as Duke went on the run. But tonight by far was the offense being the problem.
We will never secure enough rebounds playing zone against a good rebounding team.

as for D being good early, that is same old same old. Better teams figure out the zone and it rarely takes them long to do that.

That's typically how a press is beat. Been that way since in-house league basketball.
Not always true, but what I’m trying to get at is that we have little to no denials off the ball. Would love to see a harder coffin corner trap with better denials up sideline and middle.

We allow that initial pass with ease. Then we’re caught having to fly back to convert. I get that part of a good press is to rush opponents into quick shots, which we do sometimes. But would just love to see a but more aggression, especially when we’re down big.

That is such a lame excuse. SU basketball unlike football is located in the heart of the best talent in the country. We have zero excuses when it comes to recruiting.
How are you going to explain things when USC is no longer a football power and UCLA is mo longer a basketball power?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom