“Syracuse quit” | Syracusefan.com

“Syracuse quit”

yeah, today the literal entirety of the season was on the line and we got boat raced and weren’t in it from the start of the 2nd quarter

We became one of the few teams in Div 1 football to give up 5 tds in a single quarter...

BC sets school record for total yards on offense. We gave up the most yards this year in the ACC. You would think these types of milestones would occur against non conference subdivision teams. I heard the “QUIT” comment also. As a long time fan it was hard to take.

This can’t happen, esp after a 10 win season

As we all suspected Dino has lost this team, it’s only going to get worse as the season drags on

Don’t know if any coaches losing their jobs early will help but for the love of God something needs to be done

That’s what the guy on ABC just said in the studio after they showed the highlights of our game. He’s right and it’s a disgrace

Dino can say all he wants about effort as he did in his post game presser and how it was still there, etc. in the second half... "even though the score didn't show it," etc. What a bunch of malarkey! His "even though the score didn't show it" utterances gave me painful flashbacks to Gerg's statements after atrocious defeats. I recall him saying in a few of those pressers along the lines..."I see it, I do, I see improvement out there even if you guys don't or the score doesn't indicate it." UGH!!!!!!!!

Maybe today’s lesson is that no matter how much one dwells on schemes and systems, football is a brutal, violent game decided by the players.

And it hurts to get repeatedly bludgeoned by bigger, stronger players.

That happened to us today.

And I don’t mean that as a hall pass for the coaches.

Dino can say all he wants about effort as he did in his post game presser and how it was still there, etc. in the second half... "even thought the score didn't show it," etc. What a bunch of malarkey! His "even thought the score didn't show it" utterances gave me painful flashbacks to Gerg's statements after atrocious defeats. I recall him saying in a few of those pressers along the lines..."I see it, I do, I see improvement out there even if you guys don't or the score doesn't indicate so." UGH!!!

I think Dino is very aware of the garbage attitude of this team, he just won’t air it out in public. He would have to be blind not to.. it’s so clear

My son and I were just talking about this . He said it before I did. They have looked as though there is no desire or effort there. Not just today, but the last few games.

I think it has been all season honestly, but you and your son are right in that it has gotten worse which is what happens in a bad locker room situation

I think Dino is very aware of the garbage attitude of this team, he just won’t air it out in public. He would have to be blind not to.. it’s so clear

You are correct. Actually, IMO, one of Dino's greatest attributes by far is his awareness factor, and is ability to maintain composure, especially when in comes to his on camera/public moments.

I think it has been all season honestly, but you and your son are right in that it has gotten worse which is what happens in a bad locker room situation
And I’m spending a boat load of money to take him, his brother, and my wife to the Duke game. Ugh. As long as they displayed some effort and fire I would be ok if they ended up losing to Duke. But it looks as though the team is just not going to show up. Too late for me to not show up

Usually it’s a few guys that create a cancer (no inside info, fwiw). Hopefully those guys are either seniors or are asked to leave the program.

Need some young guys to rise up and lead the “team”

That’s what the guy on ABC just said in the studio after they showed the highlights of our game. He’s right and it’s a disgrace
Unfortunately I think Dino has also quit and resigned himself to the limitations of this team. College football is a game of emotions and I don’t see any from our leader this year. Week in/week out a complete collapse, and this includes special teams (Hof excluded).

This has been without a doubt the hardest season I’ve ever had to watch...

I know y’all get angry at me about saying Dino’s seat is hot...but that seat needs to be red hot.

Boston College is not Clemson...and here’s some records we gave up today...Most rushing yards allowed in program history...one of a only a few teams to give up 5 tds in a SINGLE quarter...have yet to beat a P5 school

We are one of the worst teams in FBS statistically...that’s not a good look

And I’m spending a boat load of money to take him, his brother, and my wife to the Duke game. Ugh. As long as they displayed some effort and fire I would be ok if they ended up losing to Duke. But it looks as though the team is just not going to show up. Too late for me to not show up
Right with you, brother. I may be the last guy here to be the least bit negative but I have no desire to watch this team again this year. But with plane tickets in hand and good friends to see in Raleigh we’ll be making the trip.

Right with you, brother. I may be the last guy here to be the least bit negative but I have no desire to watch this team again this year. But with plane tickets in hand and good friends to see in Raleigh we’ll be making the trip.
See you at the tailgate. Prolly the highlight of the trip

We have seen the signs in more than today's game. With that said I go back to the timing of the article on Cavanaugh. Little thing for sure but man, how much do you love in a losing season to see something about a coach and all his greatest hits being featured and the talk about fixing things. This when that coach had been charged with with managing that part of team with poor results to date.

Add to that a defense which has been one of the few positives all year getting no support from an inept offense. It's not conducive to a healthy locker room. And no I am not saying one article ruined the BC game it just is another layer on top of a foundation of frustrations we have seen with this team.

This season physically hurts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom