“Syracuse quit” | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

“Syracuse quit”

Problem is, before our 10 win season, there were other games we were taken to the wood shed. Everyone previously just passed those off because we beat Clemson but this isn't some new thing to get steamrolled by other teams.

It’s not a new thing for ANY team to get steamrolled now and again.

we’ve been on the receiving end - Ga Tech anyone? Lamar hurdling dudes?
FSU hangman?

And on the giving end - o hai Mountaineers!

It’s not a new thing for ANY team to get steamrolled now and again.

we’ve been on the receiving end - Ga Tech anyone? Lamar hurdling dudes?
FSU hangman?

And on the giving end - o hai Mountaineers!

Fair enough, you're not wrong.

I have to give Evan Foster credit for holding on to the fumble that went right into his arms. Looking for a positive.

Because otherwise, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a Syracuse safety play a worse half of football than this first half.

Obviously today was the defense’s day to shine, but the offense didn’t do any favors in that 2nd quarter making a terrible BC defense look good.

I have to give Evan Foster credit for holding on to the fumble that went right into his arms. Looking for a positive.

Because otherwise, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a Syracuse safety play a worse half of football than this first half.

Obviously today was the defense’s day to shine, but the offense didn’t do any favors in that 2nd quarter making a terrible BC defense look good.
It seems every week we have a few players that’s it’s like wow absolutely horrendous play. They aren’t just playing bad, it’s atrocious.

That’s what the guy on ABC just said in the studio after they showed the highlights of our game. He’s right and it’s a disgrace
I disagree with him. Just because he’s on ABC doesn’t make him a genius, or right. I don’t think they quit. But I think some players didn’t give everything, consistently.

You didn’t like the three 3 and outs after 24-20? Or the 3 and out FG? That is four in a half to an awful D.

I watched our backers almost exclusively and army and 46 got rolled all day long.

Could part of the problem possibly be that in our defensive tackle rotation (NT/DT) we're playing a kid who was recruited as a middle linebacker, and two others who were defensive ends? A fourth guy getting burn was recruited as a DT, but spent the last 2.5 seasons running out there as a H-Back.

The front seven is woefully undersized, and it's amplified in a game like this. (I acknowledge that does make not playing Richards more at LB intriguing)

I think Dino is very aware of the garbage attitude of this team, he just won’t air it out in public. He would have to be blind not to.. it’s so clear
I agree 100% with what you are saying. To me the scary part is the vast majority of these guys are his recruits. I will take a lot of criticism for saying this, but part of the problem is the utter lack of consequences for the same guys who make the same mistakes over and over again or don't produce anything and yet and don't lose any playing time. I think that is a tremendous motivation killer and can divide teams.

I’m watching the game now. I have no idea why.

First BC drive, a QB sneak trying to get 1 yard, gets 8. Just no effort. If he didn’t fall down he might have scored.

Second BC drive, on the 29 yard TD run, watch Alton and tell me that’s a guy who’s trying.

I’ll keep watching but I’ve probably seen enough. I’m not even to the 2nd quarter yet.

Psssst, Halloween was yesterday, you don’t need to keep watching horror shows.

lousy safety play today? it's 2002 all over again, except with no fun games

No doubt. Early 3Q the analyst on the broadcast said how BC already has 4 sacks today, and their season total going into the game was only 8. Gulp! We mad the lowest ranked defense in the ACC giving up 30+ points/game looked like the friggin Steel Curtain today. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

But Maryland is a top 25 team this year?
maryland t205.PNG

I disagree with him. Just because he’s on ABC doesn’t make him a genius, or right. I don’t think they quit. But I think some players didn’t give everything, consistently.

I don’t agree with him because he is on ABC. I agree with him because this team quit today, they quit against Maryland and they lack the passion and desire to win.

watching the condensed game. it's so obvious how people have quit

guys just running along with ball carriers. it's like the pitt game where they scored a hundred, who was the DC back then, had to be someone else, no way a guy that bad could still be here, right

But Maryland is a top 25 team this year?View attachment 172399

I got roasted after the MD game repeatedly saying they weren't going to be competitive in the B10.

At least they're better than Rutgers.

Right? They are better than Rutgers, please tell me that's accurate.

I don’t agree with him because he is on ABC. I agree with him because this team quit today, they quit against Maryland and they lack the passion and desire to win.
Meh, I was at the game. I saw players still playing hard. Not everyone. Not every play. But to say that the “team quit” is a gross over-statement. The kind of things fans say when they have no answers for why a team is performing poorly. JMO.

guys just running along with ball carriers. it's like the pitt game where they scored a hundred, who was the DC back then, had to be someone else, no way a guy that bad could still be here, right

There was a kickoff or punt in the 2nd half I believe, one of the blockers literally was just standing there sideways. The play is going on and he's literally just standing on the field while everyone in front of him is trying to find someone to block. It was one of the funniest and craziest things I've ever seen.

We should have gone today. 8 of the 11 TDs were scored in our end zone. 7 in the first half!

Meh, I was at the game. I saw players still playing hard. Not everyone. Not every play. But to say that the “team quit” is a gross over-statement. The kind of things fans say when they have no answers for why a team is performing poorly. JMO.

There are a myriad of issues with this team but I truly believe lack of passion and heart is at the top of the list. You are right that not everyone gave up by any means but enough threw in the towel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom