“Syracuse quit” | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

“Syracuse quit”

I think Dino is very aware of the garbage attitude of this team, he just won’t air it out in public. He would have to be blind not to.. it’s so clear

If he is aware he is making an epic mistake because at some point hes going to force SUs hand. Getting embarrassed on national TV is as bad as it gets

We have seen the signs in more than today's game. With that said I go back to the timing of the article on Cavanaugh. Little thing for sure but man, how much do you love in a losing season to see something about a coach and all his greatest hits being featured and the talk about fixing things. This when that coach had been charged with with managing that part of team with poor results to date.

Add to that a defense which has been one of the few positives all year getting no support from an inept offense. It's not conducive to a healthy locker room. And no I am not saying one article ruined the BC game it just is another layer on top of a foundation of frustrations we have seen with this team.

I look forward to the article during the bye week about Brian Ward’s history with Dino and all the defensive players he has put in the league.

Nice hot take by ABC. I watched every second of the game live and no one quit.

i will admit today i quit i was so frustrated at the end of the second quarter i had to leave> This was the most disappointing game in my tenure of being a season ticket holder(year 4).

I was referring to the comment made on abc

Same comments were made on ESPN radio on the drive home (couldn’t bare to listen to the game after I left early). The first commentator was saying pre-season ranked 3-5 Syracuse was on course to give up a school record in rushing yards when we were down 51-20, then the other said don’t worry Addazio will let off the gas soon and call running plays! Both hosts started laughing and dismissed Syracuse.

That’s what the guy on ABC just said in the studio after they showed the highlights of our game. He’s right and it’s a disgrace
100 pct right the team and coaches flat out quit today.

And I’m spending a boat load of money to take him, his brother, and my wife to the Duke game. Ugh. As long as they displayed some effort and fire I would be ok if they ended up losing to Duke. But it looks as though the team is just not going to show up. Too late for me to not show up
Ditto... at least the tailgate will be fun

We have seen the signs in more than today's game. With that said I go back to the timing of the article on Cavanaugh. Little thing for sure but man, how much do you love in a losing season to see something about a coach and all his greatest hits being featured and the talk about fixing things. This when that coach had been charged with with managing that part of team with poor results to date.

Add to that a defense which has been one of the few positives all year getting no support from an inept offense. It's not conducive to a healthy locker room. And no I am not saying one article ruined the BC game it just is another layer on top of a foundation of frustrations we have seen with this team.
Our defense was putrid.

Jones is our best lb bye a mile. Other two shouldn’t be on the feild

how did you deduce that? I like jones a lot especially since he is a freshman. But he got rolled today. He was in quite a bit and had 4 tackles while Williams had 15 and even Armstrong had 8.

Our defense was putrid.

Didn't say they weren't. Point was to this point they have been the only thing that made us look close to a FBS team. Today they were awful and we looked liked an FCS squad.

I think even addazio ripped us

‘Cuse once again makes an average team look great. There’s no way that BC should dominate like that. Addazio’s post game comment reflects some real quit in the defense...”we went out and ran the same play about 30 times today.”

how did you deduce that? I like jones a lot especially since he is a freshman. But he got rolled today. He was in quite a bit and had 4 tackles while Williams had 15 and even Armstrong had 8.
I watched our backers almost exclusively and army and 46 got rolled all day long. Not even ready on over 1/4 of the snaps. No technique. How many tackles did army have at los. None that I saw. Rewatch game film and tell me this, u know they are running the damn ball, how do u not step forward coming downhill. Jones in first quarter had 3 tackles at los. He also is a true frosh. I’m really not mad at 46 and 12. I’m more disgusted at our dc for keeping them in. U have Richards on sideline doing nothing. What’s the reason for not trying at least. Put Wallace in or anyone else for that matter.

ABC analyst following the FSU-Miami said the SU players and coaching staff “gave up and quit today.”

Not a lot of love for Dino on national stage today.

ABC just went at it again. Great press.

Loved the highlight of stopping Dillon and him dragging 4 defenders into the end zone.

We showed such fight.

I watched our backers almost exclusively and army and 46 got rolled all day long. Not even ready on over 1/4 of the snaps. No technique. How many tackles did army have at los. None that I saw. Rewatch game film and tell me this, u know they are running the damn ball, how do u not step forward coming downhill. Jones in first quarter had 3 tackles at los. He also is a true frosh. I’m really not mad at 46 and 12. I’m more disgusted at our dc for keeping them in. U have Richards on sideline doing nothing. What’s the reason for not trying at least. Put Wallace in or anyone else for that matter.

16>4

I’m watching the game now. I have no idea why.

First BC drive, a QB sneak trying to get 1 yard, gets 8. Just no effort. If he didn’t fall down he might have scored.

Second BC drive, on the 29 yard TD run, watch Alton and tell me that’s a guy who’s trying.

I’ll keep watching but I’ve probably seen enough. I’m not even to the 2nd quarter yet.

First BC drive, a QB sneak trying to get 1 yard, gets 8. Just no effort. If he didn’t fall down he might have scored.

Second BC drive, on the 29 yard TD run, watch Alton and tell me that’s a guy who’s trying.

I’ll keep watching but I’ve probably seen enough. I’m not even to the 2nd quarter yet.
Look at black on the 51 yarder by Dillion. I think he was trying to run a stunt but it was pathetic.

You're in for a treat.

The Maryland game told us everything we would need to know: no fight, no heart, no passion. Never ever thought I would say that about a Babers team

Problem is, before our 10 win season, there were other games we were taken to the wood shed. Everyone previously just passed those off because we beat Clemson but this isn't some new thing to get steamrolled by other teams.

Look at black on the 51 yarder by Dillion. I think he was trying to run a stunt but it was pathetic.

Ha, just watched it. Looked like Black was the pick block.

Dillon outjogged our jogging defense to the end zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom