“Syracuse quit” | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

“Syracuse quit”

lousy safety play today? it's 2002 all over again, except with no fun games

The play action passes were hilarious. Meathead 101, make them think you’ll run it but then throw it!

Our safeties didn’t go all out toward the QB or stay back to cover the receiver. They just stood there near the LOS. Completely fooled by meat. As if it was magic.

whoever you gave the tickets to, i want to personally apologize to them

No one ended up taking them. All that for nothing. Had a couple possibilities. They are thankful.

Now I have to figure out what to do about Wake. My son’s first Dome game. I feel like I’d be a better parent if I just took him to It - Chapter 2 instead.

The play action passes were hilarious. Meathead 101, make them think you’ll run it but then throw it!

Our safeties didn’t go all out toward the QB or stay back to cover the receiver. They just stood there near the LOS. Completely fooled by meat. As if it was magic.
cisco ran along side dillon like he thought it was one of those let's let the autistic kid with a peg leg score so we can be on good morning america

Meh, I was at the game. I saw players still playing hard. Not everyone. Not every play. But to say that the “team quit” is a gross over-statement. The kind of things fans say when they have no answers for why a team is performing poorly. JMO.
“Not everyone, not every play”... that’s what quitting in sports is. You can tell when you see it.

It’s not blatant.. of course they’re not going to be doing somersaults and having tickle fights as the opponent snaps the ball.

If anything we tried so hard to stop the big backs that we neglected our other responsibilities. That's not good but it's not quitting.

You don't always lose games by 1-2 TDs.

When the 'strength' of our team didn't show up and had its worst outing of the year worse than Maryland we weren't losing by a 'respectable' score.

Even though Dino stupidly took 9 points off the board going for it on 4th which would have made the final score look OK.

BC doesn't suck as much as people on this board think. 2 very good RBs and a backup QB who ended up being much better than Anthony Brown.

You don't always lose games by 1-2 TDs.

When the 'strength' of our team didn't show up and had its worst outing of the year worse than Maryland we weren't losing by a 'respectable' score.

Even though Dino stupidly took 9 points off the board going for it on 4th which would have made the final score look OK.

BC doesn't suck as much as people on this board think. 2 very good RBs and a backup QB who ended up being much better than Anthony Brown.
Worse than maryland may be a stretch... maryland scored at will until the game was over. How many straight TDs did Maryland score to open the game? Something ridiculous. Having two of those games on defense in a season (not against good teams... against mediocre to bad teams) is insane

I think this team defintitely has a certain number of players giving minimal effort out there right now. Whether that is quitting or not well that’s not my point. When a team is that bad, they go through the week thinking they can right the ship and get a win. Now for the first quarter the team was giving good effort, getting turnovers on D and scoring points on O, then the switch flipped, once they started getting gouged in the running game and gave up the second big play action pass the game was over. The offense struggled, the D was getting pummeled by BC, the effort clearly nose dived by and a certain number of players clearly just started going through the motions, giving half arse effort hoping somebody else would tackle the running back. It’s what happens when your team really really stinks. its never been this bad with a Dino team but we have seen it pop up towards the end of his first two seasons but definitely the end of the Marrone season in 2011 as well. I wasn‘t watching the last two years of the shafer era very closely so I wouldn’t-know but GROB 4 years were all like these games. Louisville team that was horrible last here played like this as well, same talent this year playing much better because of effort and new coach

pretty safe to say that there is no way this team wins another game this year and have all the effort roller coaster type games of a really bad team with problems everywhere on and off the field, no leadership from players or coaches, probably some in fighting, and not much accountability. Doesn’t really matter if they quit or not every other sign of a horrendous sports team is already there but 90% of bad teams all quit at a certain point to a certain extent only so much you can take, well at least a certain number of the players do. There has to be a certain number of players on this team just dying to get the season over with who have already checked out to think otherwise is just crazy, IMO. Coaches will spew there nonsense about working hard and getting better everyday but it’s all crap at this point.

You will see good effort at duke for the first 15 minutes and if things go their way they will stick round for a while, that said if they get punched in mouth in 2nd quarter look for the effort to tank and the team will roll up quicker than I exited the dome yesterday.

This team is GROB type bad right now. Sure we have better talent than GROB did but we are also in the ACC so it’s relative but has to be the worst team since GROB, without a doubt and to be in year 4 of a coaches tenure here is just a bad look for everyone.

Last edited:
I think this team defintitely has a certain number of players giving minimal effort out there right now. Whether that is quitting or not well that’s not my point. When a team is that bad, they go through the week thinking they can right the ship and get a win. Now for the first quarter the team was giving good effort, getting turnovers on D and scoring points on O, then the switch flipped, once they started getting gouged in the running game and gave up the second big play action pass the game was over. The offense struggled, the D was getting pummeled by BC, the effort clearly nose dived by and a certain number of players clearly just started going through the motions, giving half arse effort hoping somebody else would tackle the running back. It’s what happens when your team really really stinks. its never been this bad with a Dino team but we have seen it pop up towards the end of his first two seasons but definitely the end of the Marrone season in 2011 as well. I wasn‘t watching the last two years of the shafer era very closely so I wouldn’t-know but GROB 4 years were all like these games. Louisville team that was horrible last here played like this as well, same talent this year playing much better because of effort and new coach

pretty safe to say that there is no way this team wins another game this year and have all the effort roller coaster type games of a really bad team with problems everywhere on and off the field, no leadership from players or coaches, probably some in fighting, and not much accountability. Doesn’t really matter if they quit or not every other sign of a horrendous sports team is already there but 90% of bad teams all quit at a certain point to a certain extent only so much you can take, well at least a certain number of the players do. There has to be a certain number of players on this team just dying to get the season over with who have already checked out to think otherwise is just crazy, IMO. Coaches will spew there nonsense about working hard and getting better everyday but it’s all crap at this point.

You will see good effort at duke for the first 15 minutes and if things go their way they will stick round for a while, that said if they get punched in mouth in 2nd quarter look for the effort to tank and the team will roll up quicker than I exited the dome yesterday.

This team is GROB type bad right now. Sure we have better talent than GROB did but we are also in the ACC so it’s relative but has to be the worst team since GROB, without a doubt and to be in year 4 of a coaches tenure here is just a bad look for everyone.
Look at what Marrone had to work with his first year. The talent we have coming back next year is worse in many spots and better in a few. Overall they are about the same,

I have always believed a team’s OC, DC, ST, OL coaches need to be coaches first. All others need to be recruiters first, our DC hasn’t been very good. Neither has our OL. Anyone who isn’t pulling their weight in recruiting needs to be let go. No more keeping buddies around.

Could part of the problem possibly be that in our defensive tackle rotation (NT/DT) we're playing a kid who was recruited as a middle linebacker, and two others who were defensive ends? A fourth guy getting burn was recruited as a DT, but spent the last 2.5 seasons running out there as a H-Back.

The front seven is woefully undersized, and it's amplified in a game like this. (I acknowledge that does make not playing Richards more at LB intriguing)
No I totally agree. Ruff is a small 300 while black weighs what our de s weigh. They get blown back into our non downhill lb and it makes for a 500 yd night.

That’s absurd.
Rewatch the game them two were making catch tackles. That’s when we stand there and wait for the Rb to get to u then u tackle him. They should be screaming downhill against a heavy run team. If u can’t see that then I’m sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom