19th in CFP | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

19th in CFP

Assume the CFP is Alabama, Clemson, Michigan, Oklahoma

Rose - Ohio State/PAC winner (OSU off the table)
Sugar - LSU/Texas (LSU and Texas off the table)
Fiesta - ND/UCF - Notre Dame off the table
Peach - Georgia/Syracuse

Easy peasy. ;)

Cheers,
Neil
Totally on the table.

I don't even think we're that good yet.

Yep. Offense has room to improve and if they could reduce the early down busts and rely on their excellent situational defense to top would really come off

I’m seeing two epic beat downs being issued the next two games and a November like 87 and 92 is on the horizon

Honestly, ND gets rolled by anyone in that top 6 from what I've seen this year. They'll be a tough out in front of an 80% ND fan crowd, but I think they're easily the most overrated team towards the top.

You're right...that is crazy.

Im rooting hard for you guys to go undefeated and win the ACC another Natty. My big fear is BC at home for you guys. If its say 32 degrees and breezy with a windchill of 25 degrees that is my fear. I really think they are a very solid team this year, and I promise you it pains me to say that as I despise them.

You're right...that is crazy.

Whats your toughest game left?

Duke
@SCe
Coastal champion

Someone other than us has to put a scare into you. AtM has been living off the fact that they put in a couple late tuddies at home vs you but Clemson was a play or two away from blowing that one open and winning by 20+ all game my angle is they got some lucky plays in garbage time at home and didn't exactly go toe to toe like we did.

My guess would be the BC game is the only one where you face any threat of losing.

Clemson is going to be destroyed in the playoffs and it will be wonderful.

8-4 or bust, baby.

We are still the team that lost to Pitt and almost lost to North Carolina at home.

When you lose 2 games you should have won you are due to win one you should have lost.

UNC was this years MTSU we just had enough time on the clock to pull it out at the end I don't think we were that bad we just went cold at the wrong time and were lucky to never be down more than 7 and to have some time late.

The Patriots got the 2 Super Bowls back they lost to the Giants vs Seattle and Atlanta.

If we blow out Wake I'll be a little worried about where we are at vs Lville mentally. We don't need Wake in the Dome but I think we are lucky Ville isn't getting us at their place. I think we catch 2 more scheduling breaks after Ville at night in the Dome with ND moving the game from South Bend and BC last week of the year coming off a brutal 3 game stretch following their Miami win.

What is impressive is that 8 games in noone has drilled us and I think we will go 12 games without getting blown out. Compare our recruiting rankings to the rest of the P5 and if you can go a full season without taking a thumping its as impressive as whatever the win total may be.

Okay I am going to join in on the crazy talk. We win out, ND"s only loss is to us, the Cavs win out but lose in the ACCCG, the Pack wins out, BC goes 3-1, and Clemson, of course, goes undefeated.

Clemson 13-0
Notre Dame 11-1
SU 10-2
NC State - 10-2
UVA - 10-3
BC - 9-3

That would mean the ACC finishes with at minimum 4 teams in the final CFP rankings, with BC the only one that may not make it. It also means will have beat ND (which at 11-1 is likely going to finish Top 10), beat NC State (likely Top 15), beat BC (just in or out of the Top 25) , and gave Clemson (#1 or #2 in the final CFP rankings) their greatest scare of the season at their place.

Peach Bowl here we come.

LGO!!!

Cheers,
Neil
BC has games left against Clemson AND Syracuse. If Clemson wins out and Syracuse wins out, then BC would have picked up at least two more losses. BC has two losses right now, meaning they'd finish with four losses in a scenario where Syracuse and Clemson both win out.

8-4 or bust, baby.

We are still the team that lost to Pitt and almost lost to North Carolina at home.
I am just glad Dino Babers is our HC and we don’t have HC who is learning on the job.
Pitt isn’t a bad loss.
They have losses to Penn State, UCF, and Notre Dame all teams ranked in the top 15 of the CFB.
UNC almost beat us but they beat Pitt.
This team is a legit top 25 team.
Beat Wake this week and the hype will be real as CGD would likely go to Yankee Stadium.

Clemson is going to be destroyed in the playoffs and it will be wonderful.

Can't see the committee putting them head to head vs Bama again.

I think Clemson is going to play a great fun to watch game vs one of Michigan/Ohio St/ND and lose by a few points. Then one of those schools will get humiliated by the SEC team in the final.

They are going to have to wait until their trip to upstate NY next fall to get blown out IMO.

BC has games left against Clemson AND Syracuse. If Clemson wins out and Syracuse wins out, then BC would have picked up at least two more losses. BC has two losses right now, meaning they'd finish with four losses in a scenario where Syracuse and Clemson both win out.

Thanks for the correction, but doesn't change the overall post since I had them most likely outside the Top 25.

Still at 8-4 should be Top 30 which would be a good win on the schedule for the committee.

Cheers,
Neil

1st of all, we need to call the New Years Six the NY6, not New York State NYS.

2nd of all...

FOOTBALL SCHOOL
yoda.jpg

When you lose 2 games you should have won you are due to win one you should have lost.

UNC was this years MTSU we just had enough time on the clock to pull it out at the end I don't think we were that bad we just went cold at the wrong time and were lucky to never be down more than 7 and to have some time late.

The Patriots got the 2 Super Bowls back they lost to the Giants vs Seattle and Atlanta.

If we blow out Wake I'll be a little worried about where we are at vs Lville mentally. We don't need Wake in the Dome but I think we are lucky Ville isn't getting us at their place. I think we catch 2 more scheduling breaks after Ville at night in the Dome with ND moving the game from South Bend and BC last week of the year coming off a brutal 3 game stretch following their Miami win.

What is impressive is that 8 games in noone has drilled us and I think we will go 12 games without getting blown out. Compare our recruiting rankings to the rest of the P5 and if you can go a full season without taking a thumping its as impressive as whatever the win total may be.
I’d rather play @Louisville rather than @Wake. They are truly a horrible football team. We will win that game by 20+.

Wake is going to be tougher than people think. It’s not going to be a total blowout.

half the teams ahead of us now will take 2 more losses. can we do our own job? starts this week

iowa loses to purdue
texas to WV
utah to ariz st
psu to Mich
UCF to temple
Kent to Georgia

can we hold serve?

next Week

WSU to Col
OSU to MSU
Tex to TT

we would be top 10 before the ND game

40% chance if we bring our A game this week

Last edited:
I’d rather play @Louisville rather than @Wake. They are truly a horrible football team. We will win that game by 20+.

Wake is going to be tougher than people think. It’s not going to be a total blowout.

We've been blown our 4/4 times by them in ACC play. I get Wake is a better team off the heels of last weeks head to head match up but even the last 2 games vs Wake early on it looked like we were going to win and should have won after the first quarter last year and the storm game noone thought we'd lose. Some of the Ville games have been over before they started.

Dino has never beaten either FWIW. Petrino was an offensive genius himself not so long ago. They'll put up points. I think we win but the dismissal of them based on a bad season might be off base.

Hey by all means go ahead and dismiss Ville like they dismissed us in the Robinson era when they were good.

I don't think Wake can beat us even if a friggen tornado shows up in Winston Salem at kickoff. Ville I am just happy its in the Dome. I want and expect a comfortable win but it won't be as ugly as their last 2 wins vs us were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom