Airing Dirty Laundry... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Airing Dirty Laundry...

I know one thing. There are a number of posters in this thread that I would never have wanted to play on the same team with. I know there are a number of posters in this thread that I would never want to have on my team at work. I know that there are a number of posters that don't understand team work. Or, working as a group to actually fix a problem. Those are the tests of life. Everyone, gets knocked down in life. Most people face tougher problems than a 1-3 start to a football season. The people that face it, work it, try their best to beat it, those are the keepers. My late father taught me long ago, there are two types of people in your life. Assets and liabilities. Anyone can be a liability. Get rid of them or let them go. Assets, you keep.

Frustration is high. Dino said the locker room is tough because you have lots of successful HS players now on a struggling team. It's not only up to the coaches but also the veteran players to lift their teammates.

Trill, Servais, Bear, Kingsley J, etc. These guys need to pick up their teammates and lead by example. Stay positive and keep your head up.

This attitude is exactly how teams fall apart. It’s okay to be frustrated with your teammates but it damn well does matter how well he plays regardless of how the offense does.

If the offense can only score 20 points then the defense needs to hold the other team to 19. Losing is a team effort just as much as winning is. Just how team sports work.

This is the world we live in. Social media gives people the platform and this is the result. There have been many parents not happy with playing time but these days it can be communicated and its not a good look.

Says the guy on a public message board.
I get where he is coming from though. This site is and LinkedIn are the only social media sites that I can stomach. Everything else has turned into a political cesspool. Glad the Mods quickly put a stop to that nonsense on here.

I'd expect any kid who wants to play more to share that frustration with his parents. That's the parent role. They're there for their kids. (I just wanted to see if I could actually get all 3 versions of that word correct in one short sentence).

It should all stop there if it's just about playing time.
Any one of us that have had kids in sports have seen parent goggles, in youth sports. It's our JOB to support our kids, and I whole heartedly support that. In time, you hope they realize their kid isn't a 1st round draft pick, because they are MUCH more important than that.

That stuff is pretty easy to see- in others- if your kid is pretty freaking good at something. For those kids? Those goggles have never been checked. In fact, they've been reinforced by recruiters blowing smoke up their arse to get them to commit.

I don't blame her for her frustration. She's never experienced it. This is like middle school on a national level. Her kid earned a p5 scholly, one of the best in the nation, so right the **** on!

I don't think parents should post about their kids. EVER. I hope she learns from it, and her son has a great career. While parents may have instilled values, and work ethic? Your kid earned this on his own. ALL ON HIS OWN with a pretty good support system. It was HIM. Not you. HiM. Its his battle to fight. Its his battle to win.

FYI, this offseason, nunn shared a post about someone transferring and his response was that hand to chin emoji that means “im thinking about it” i dont think this is anything new with nunn. Dont forget he was committed to cuse, flipped to miami, the flipped back.

FYI, this offseason, nunn shared a post about someone transferring and his response was that hand to chin emoji that means “im thinking about it” i dont think this is anything new with nunn. Dont forget he was committed to cuse, flipped to miami, the flipped back.

Nunn also missed several 2019 training camp practices for "personal reasons".

No idea what's going on with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom