Airing Dirty Laundry... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Airing Dirty Laundry...

He promised them a program that was on the cusp of being some thing great, a team that would be playing Clemson to be in the ACC championships year in and year out.

Here we are staring at 1 win season

I don’t think that’s what he promised. When he talks about recruiting, he’a very frank in what they are *trying* to build. And it’s absolutely silly to think that any success is a given.

This was posted on Facebook to a far broader audience than the die hards here on the message board.

I don't see anything wrong discussing this amongst us, an interesting note from the Facebook post (which appears to be deleted), former Syracuse player Robert Drummond commented on the post and basically said do what's best for your family.

I have no issue with anyone talking about it, I just don’t want to lose sight of the forest for the trees.

I might be wrong but I thought nunn was hurt his senior year in high school and su stuck by him and the offer. Wasn’t that the reason for redshirting because he was coming off a major injury?

This was posted on Facebook to a far broader audience than the die hards here on the message board.

I don't see anything wrong discussing this amongst us, an interesting note from the Facebook post (which appears to be deleted), former Syracuse player Robert Drummond commented on the post and basically said do what's best for your family.
I agree - its how people communicate today. Some kids aren't going to be happy - they decide what they want to do. Stay - great. Leave - good luck. Staff is responsible for having the next man up ready. A parent is complaining? ! - call the paper, oh wait ...

1. How did you find that?
  2. I don't doubt any of what she says. They're trending in the wrong direction and it creates malcontents. Things had been building since 2019. You will have friction on the team and some transfers. Dino needs to rally the players and give some motivational speeches.

Friggin play better and do something about it then. And tell mom to go plant a garden or something.

Get back in the kitchen, lady!

Sorry, I just always wanted to say that. Most times, I do the dishes in this household.

Personally, I think threatening the transfer portal over instagram is a really bad look, but feel mostly bad for the kid. Imagine the ball busting he's getting from his teammates.

I think so many people have accepted social media oversharing as the new normal. But I still hate it.

Get back in the kitchen, lady!

Sorry, I just always wanted to say that. Most times, I do the dishes in this household.

Personally, I think threatening the transfer portal over instagram is a really bad look, but feel mostly bad for the kid. Imagine the ball busting he's getting from his teammates.

I think so many people have accepted social media oversharing as the new normal. But I still hate it.
Agreed, hopefully it's just a frustrated irrational momma going off on an ill-advised rant as she's watching a weird season.

Losing breeds animosity...

this is for all the people that said this season is a “throw away” year.

If winning doesn’t happen soon, these stud kids on the defense are going to be gone via the transfer portal and they will be gone quick.

Dino needs to get a handle on this team and it needs to happen ASAP

Yup. This new free one time transfer rule that just passed may be the end of DB’s coaching stint here at SU if he doesn’t real the team in. The stars are lining up and not in a good way. Hope he can keep the talent we do have on the roster.

Last edited:

Aka “Don’t let the door hit you, where the good Lord done split you”. Peace!

Has he played at all this year ?

he's a redshirt freshman and has played in all 4 games backing up Garrett Williams. He has 3 tackles and zero's across the board in every other statistic.

Yup. This new free one time transfer rule that just passed may be the end of DB’s coaching stint here at SU if he doesn’t real the team in. The stars are lining up and not in a good way. Hope he can keep the talent we do have on the roster.
The one time transfer rule hasn’t actually passed yet, but likely will in January.

The one time transfer rule hasn’t actually passed yet, but likely will in January.

It passed today and the flood gates open January 2021.

Your right. That’s what I get for not fact checking the office drunk this morning.

I agree - its how people communicate today. Some kids aren't going to be happy - they decide what they want to do. Stay - great. Leave - good luck. Staff is responsible for having the next man up ready. A parent is complaining? ! - call the paper, oh wait ...

If a parent chooses to post something like this in a public forum, it is what it is.

Kids talk to their parents. She's probably echoing what she's been told.

I'd expect any kid who wants to play more to share that frustration with his parents. That's the parent role. They're there for their kids. (I just wanted to see if I could actually get all 3 versions of that word correct in one short sentence).

It should all stop there if it's just about playing time.

Not a good look with what appears to be (*edited* Cornelius Nunn's Mother??) airing thoughts on Social Media.

“Ohana“ seems to be failing...and quickly!

Failing because one player's [parent is griping about PT?

The OP is awful.

Probably more speaking at the reflection of the team and like thinking her son is the greatest and needs to win.

I find it amusing that photo comes out after Dino's quote about Garrett Williams' Dad in the weekly PC.

For those who didn't see it

Babers on DB Garrett Williams and how he earned the starting job: "You could tell this summer that he was out to get a job, extremely serious and more so than everybody else. I remember meeting his father and him telling me, 'he's coming to Syracuse, he's playing for you.'

Babers also recalls something Garrett's father said during his recruitment: "Don't give him anything, but he'll earn everything. You just wait and see."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom