All quiet on the CJ front | Syracusefan.com

All quiet on the CJ front

I would imagine tomorrow since its the cutoff I believe. I know nothing of his intentions but I would imagine this is a much tougher decision for CJ than some think. Coming from a team that just reached the final four as the primary contributor at the F spot, having a great game against Michigan where he showed off his sweet mid range game, next year being a loaded draft and a loaded Cuse team where the spotlight may be shared a bit more. The next year issue can work both ways. If he brings the team back to the FF or better playing being BMOC even with a stacked lineup that could help his draft stock. As could developing a right hand and a comfort level with getting the outside shot off the dribble.

As good as he is right now he is probably end of the first to mid 2nd material right now with the latter more likely. If I were in his position I would have no clue which way to go so hopefully he is getting some good advice and whatever decision he makes works out best for CJ.

I would imagine tomorrow since its the cutoff I believe. I know nothing of his intentions but I would imagine this is a much tougher decision for CJ than some think. Coming from a team that just reached the final four as the primary contributor at the F spot, having a great game against Michigan where he showed off his sweet mid range game, next year being a loaded draft and a loaded Cuse team where the spotlight may be shared a bit more. The next year issue can work both ways. If he brings the team back to the FF or better playing being BMOC even with a stacked lineup that could help his draft stock. As could developing a right hand and a comfort level with getting the outside shot off the dribble.

As good as he is right now he is probably end of the first to mid 2nd material right now with the latter more likely. If I were in his position I would have no clue which way to go so hopefully he is getting some good advice and whatever decision he makes works out best for CJ.

I agree, when it is all said and done, I hope he makes the decision that turns out to be the best for him. He deserves to be successful in future.

I agree, when it is all said and done, I hope he makes the decision that turns out to be the best for him. He deserves to be successful in future.

not to divert topics but where do you get that orange blowup decoration? I am guessing thats a pic with your family in it? I want one.. especially to be obnoxious here in WVU/PITT/GTOWN territory. Manny's or SU bookstore?

Not the cut off. See the note from Andy Katz:
http://syracusefan.com/threads/a-couple-of-relevant-espn-tidbits.50880/#post-620396

Are we sure we're going to hear anything official? If he's not thinking about it (the only thing I've heard is that he said no in a FF interview), we may not know until the deadline passes without an announcement.

Are we sure we're going to hear anything official? If he's not thinking about it (the only thing I've heard is that he said no in a FF interview), we may not know until the deadline passes without an announcement.

This is what I am hoping for. If CJ is going to have a press conference it's to declare he is leaving for the draft. I don't personally know CJ but it doesn't seem like his personality to call in interview just to say he is coming back another year to SU.

CJ you will be one of my favorite SU players ever if you just keep plugging away without any needed attention. Just keep doing you!

Yeah, the NCAA having an earlier deadline than the NBA is so stupid. It achieves nothing

a loaded Cuse team where the spotlight may be shared a bit more.
I think actually that the spotlight is going to be shared a lot less next season.

Think of it like bands that use the front man's name in the title, and then designates the back up members with some sort of pithy short hand title.

Thickburger and the Milk Shakes

Thickburger and the Ketchup Packets

Thickburger and the Beer Battered Onion Rings

You get the idea.

I think actually that the spotlight is going to be shared a lot less next season.

Think of it like bands that use the front man's name in the title, and then designates the back up members with some sort of pithy short hand title.

You get the idea.

that very much could be as well - considering the flashes we saw from Jerami, the possible improvement from DaJuan, how good Ennis and Roberson look I was just thinking that could overshadow CJ some, especially since he is such a team first guy I don't seem him dropping 20 a game all the sudden. Maybe a slight bump to 15 and 9.

that very much could be as well - considering the flashes we saw from Jerami, the possible improvement from DaJuan, how good Ennis and Roberson look I was just thinking that could overshadow CJ some, especially since he is such a team first guy I don't seem him dropping 20 a game all the sudden. Maybe a slight bump to 15 and 9.
He's team first until he gets the ball. As usual with JB, it'll be up to the guards how many touches (= how many shots) he gets.

He's team first until he gets the ball. As usual with JB, it'll be up to the guards how many touches (= how many shots) he gets.

I dunno CJ had some pretty sick dimes this year too. If he can work on posting up and then using that to find an open shooter that would help too.

He'll play the same amount of minutes and will get more shots. I really expect 16 or 17 ppg from CJ next season

Highly doubtful he will be overshadowed. If he incrementally improves his game as he has done throughout his career, he'll be a first team all ACC type guy and will be the unquestioned star for Syracuse. I feel like we are going to have a nice season next year and he is going to be the most recognizable name.

CJ was supposed to get his draft evaluation or whatever they want to call it back from the NBA today, or tomorrow. A decision should be made a few days after that I would believe.

too many players declaring; odds of an early pick keep decreasing for many

I don't really agree with the logic that says a player should go pro this year because next year's draft is loaded.

Those players are still coming, and a vast majority of the time, the player in Fair's position won't get enough opportunities to dissuade a GM from replacing him with whoever that top-shelf 2014 talent may be.

too many players declaring; odds of an early pick keep decreasing for many

Great post. I haven't thought about that before. I have no doubts that CJ will be back now with a plethora of potential 1st round picks declaring in the past 2 days.

I don't really agree with the logic that says a player should go pro this year because next year's draft is loaded.

I don't either. Especially in the fact that we haven't even seen those kids play college ball yet.

You get the idea.

Thickburger and the Moist Towelettes

not to divert topics but where do you get that orange blowup decoration? I am guessing thats a pic with your family in it? I want one.. especially to be obnoxious here in WVU/PITT/GTOWN territory. Manny's or SU bookstore?

I think my wife got it at Manny's; she does alot of our shopping their. However; check out the link below, it is on sale for $69. That is me on the right and my youngest son (junior in HS) and my daughter who will start school at Syracuse in August.

http://www.yardinflatables.com/Syracuse-University-Otto-Mascot_p_483.html

The number of early entries is staggering. Here's the current list according to cbs sports. I think CJ would be drafted behind most of these guys should he forego his senior year (even tho I think he's better than most of them)

Steven Adams
C.J. Aiken
Anthony Bennett
Vander Blue
Lorenzo Brown
Trey Burke
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Michael Carter-Williams
Allen Crabbe
Gorgui Dieng
Jamaal Franklin
Archie Goodwin
Myck Kabongo
Ricky Ledo
Alex Len
C.J. Leslie
Amath M'Baye
Ben McLemore
Tony Mitchell
Nerlens Noel
Victor Oladipo
Shabazz Muhammad
Norvel Pelle
Otto Porter
Marshawn Powell
Phil Pressey
Russ Smith
Tony Snell
Adonis Thomas
DeShaun Thomas
B.J. Young
Cody Zeller

Reggie Bullock

Late edit: Add seniors and foreign players into this list and there are going to be some unhappy campers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom