Bazley Decommits | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to Be assuming the kid is guilty of misleading and being disingenuous without any knowledge of what transpired, what was said by whom or anything.

He may have been completely committed in his mind to come to SU when he signed it.

He may have been told, “Sign it and there will be a 1 year scholarship guarantee if you decide you want to go to college”. It is, after all, not a binding agreement. You don’t have to go and the school has no legal recourse if you do not.

There’s risk in this for the recruits and the schools. These are the colleges rules, through their association, the NCAA.

To say nothing of he may have been (and by all accounts was) 100% committed to attending SU until someone introduced another possibility earlier this week. Nothing disingenuous about it, he simply changed his mind.

It sucks for us, but for everyone that says the players should have choice, freedom and be paid you’re the ones being disingenuous if you criticize him decision too harshly.

Last edited:
Has Bazley even mentioned the name "Syracuse" in any statement?
Has he spoken to the coaches?

He's free to decommit, of course.
But he could have done it with a little class.
Guess he hasn't learned quite everything in high school.

Has Bazley even mentioned the name "Syracuse" in any statement?
Has he spoken to the coaches?

He's free to decommit, of course.
But he could have done it with a little class.
Guess he hasn't learned quite everything in high school.

It's amazing that we feel we're owed class when we've seen the opposite when it comes to players on the actual team who've made a true commitment. Let me know if Moyers ankle was treated with class. How about Roberson.

It's amazing that we feel we're owed class when we've seen the opposite when it comes to players on the actual team who've made a true commitment. Let me know if Moyers ankle was treated with class. How about Roberson.

He made it public when his father became a helicopter parent and interfered with his team. All bets were off. If you ever coach a team, not at the pee wee level, you'll get a taste of it.

feels like a pledge drive. i gotta chime in just to make 1000 posts !
nobody wants a kid on the roster who doesn't want to be here. it gives me some hope another player may seek and be granted release from his LOI and wind up here due to coaching changes or circumstances.

Last edited:

Those 2 kids got 6 years of a free education.

Lol your takes are amazing.

DZi-5JLXUAAaWrI.jpg

giphy.gif
Lmfao

I don’t know if his name was brought up but I mentioned on Twitter Winfred Walton he was top 5 McD ended up at UNLV nobody Knows the mans name anymore other then us SU fans.

Yeah I didn't listen to the podcast but if we're better off not having DB come to SU then why did it take until now for anybody (coaches, fans etc.) to realize that?

I listened to JB get interviewed by Gottlieb at the final four yesterday and TBH he didn't sound THAT broken up about it.

I listened to JB get interviewed by Gottlieb at the final four yesterday and TBH he didn't sound THAT broken up about it.

I hear ya. My point was more about the notion that not only do we recruit skill sets but also whether a player's character traits fit our program as well. Seems as if upon further review DB was not a fit. We need to figure that out beforehand whenever possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom