BC/Syracuse Game Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

BC/Syracuse Game Thread

I disagree that Howard looks good. He doesn't look terrible. And no one looks especially good.

As to the defense; BC has about 10 unforced turnovers. Is the defense good, or is BC just trying everything in their power to give us the game?
It's ok to give our D some credit man - we've been very active

No clue where to go with this team but if Frank plays like that, I think our highest potential is with a starting lineup of Howard-Battle-White-Roberson-Lydon. Thompson is talented but not a starter yet and Gillon should be the backup guard if Frank didn't have all the ability zapped out of his body.

Gillon is really making it tough for me to think he can give us what we need as a starting guard. Frank at least has measurables and ACC size and Thompson will get mauled by the top ACC teams as a starting 5.

Plus I'd rather see what we have in Frank given this season is teetering on a lost cause unless we can really put it together and we have exactly one guard on the roster for next year in Battle.

I think I've figured our team out finally. When we get the ball in the paint, it leads to open kick outs or mismatches with Lydon/Thompson. We need to focus on getting the ball inside and work from the inside out. Our defense simply rises with good offensive play. If we do that, we have a chance in every game because we have enough shooters. The problem has been the unwillingness to throw the ball down and then silly turnovers.
Almost all great teams are capable of playing inside out. Either you get it to a capable low post player for a hi % shot ; if they collapse kick it out...or you have a driver who can get into paint, draw the defense , kick it out for an open jumper. Its really very basic if you have the talent

No clue where to go with this team but if Frank plays like that, I think our highest potential is with a starting lineup of Howard-Battle-White-Roberson-Lydon. Thompson is talented but not a starter yet and Gillon should be the backup guard if Frank didn't have all the ability zapped out of his body.

Gillon is really making it tough for me to think he can give us what we need as a starting guard. Frank at least has measurables and ACC size and Thompson will get mauled by the top ACC teams as a starting 5.

Plus I'd rather see what we have in Frank given this season is teetering on a lost cause unless we can really put it together and we have exactly one guard on the roster for next year in Battle.
If Tony Bradley plays Monday (even if he doesn't) UNC might outrebound us by 20 - and I think we're a decent rebounding team. But we can't play TT that much on Monday - as much as we need his O, he'd get obliterated on D

Sitting at the bar, getting my ass kicked in double double bonus poker, eating greasy ass bar food, mixing with booze and watching this game. Not good for the stomach.

Dammit, I want some lines from your system...I want action today!

TT showed that he was a decent passer a few games ago...seems to have forgotten about that part of his game.

TT showed that he was a decent passer a few games ago...seems to have forgotten about that part of his game.

He shoots every time he touches it.

I agree... when Gillon isn't draining deep 3's to make the D respect him from outside he is getting destroyed trying to drive to the hoop with his lack of height. Neither he or Howard are very good, but Howard has been the less bad one this game and at least has the size when driving on O (had one nice finish) and on D when he's active like he looks more so today.

Gillon dosent look like a power conference guard when not an outside threat. Howard looks like he could be a decent backup PG with the right attitude. I almost just want Battle to handle the ball at this point though as neither Gillon or Howard seem to do much of anything particularly well.

I know Im a thread killer, but come on folks, not the game thread!

Is it possible we could wind up ahead of a team in acc standings but they make ncaas and we dont? That would suck

With a break in the action, can someone remind me what the halftime lead was please? (serious question)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom