Binghamton Game... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Binghamton Game...

just finished the replay. couple thoughts. B's goalie Dolan was superb. loved that early scoop goal by scanlon and first time i've seen him as a defensive shortie. early shot by quinn (?) seemed like it ricocheted straight up out of frame for at least 5 seconds. second middies played great and as beardsley pointed out great to get in some newbies. there is no practice time equivalent to real game speed. (are you listening JB )

Maybe they didn't have a choice. Not everyone is willing to pony up an extra year of tuition at Syracuse. That's asking a lot. I am always surprised how many are willing to do it.

Are we confused? These kids get full Rides when they go to D1 to play athletics...they aren’t paying a dime of that syracuse tuition

this is literally mind blowing to me. I guess it’s my fault for never looking into it but I had just assumed that all of them had full rides.

thank you for the info!
Yeah, it’s quite different from football/basketball.

Yeah, it’s quite different from football/basketball.

Yeah I had just assumed that literally every D1 student in every sport besides the ivy’s was on a full ride

and now I feel like a total bonehead for not knowing

Are we confused? These kids get full Rides when they go to D1 to play athletics...they aren’t paying a dime of that syracuse tuition
you sir, are the one who is confused. Most players on the lacrosse team receive little to no athletic scholarship money. That 12.7 is for the entire team.

Maybe they didn't have a choice. Not everyone is willing to pony up an extra year of tuition at Syracuse. That's asking a lot. I am always surprised how many are willing to do it.
Exactly. Hell, Boeheim says that a kid has to want to redshirt for them to do it. So I imagine it’s especially the player’s decision in lacrosse considering they could be partially paying for that fifth year of classes that might go to waste.

I guess it would probably vary greatly player to player based on how much of a scholarship they are getting, the playing time they would receive that year, their family’s financial situation, and whether or not they want to continue toward a graduate degree after lacrosse is over where they might be footing the full bill

Do you mean Colgate and Binghamton or Binghamton and SU?

To me, it appears obvious that sholokov2 is referring to Colgate & SUNY Bing and how they in comparison to whom we play this coming weekend in Army more resemble Junior Varsity type opponents.

Here's a full list, by sport.

I find it interesting that in most sports played by both genders, females have more scholarships. Usually substantially more (sometimes close to double).

But in lacrosse, it is 12.7 for males and 12 for females. I wonder why?

I find it interesting that in most sports played by both genders, females have more scholarships. Usually substantially more (sometimes close to double).

But in lacrosse, it is 12.7 for males and 12 for females. I wonder why?

My guess would be the sheer volume per gender comes into play. There’s approximately 73 schools with D-1 men’s programs vs over a 100 with women’s lacrosse (#’s coming off of Wikipedia)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom