Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

Who should be coaching him up? And how do you think that would go over?
The Sports Information Director. Show him the video from a phone and tell him I can't comment because I haven't reviewed the tape yet. This is Soo simple and easy. Yet there was probably no prep for the presser and he tried justifying it or whatever that was. It's embarrassing.

I went to the 2019 Duke v. Syracuse tourney game in Charlotte. That was the game Zion came back and Tyus was out and everybody expected we would lose by 30. Frank went off and we kept it close to the end. I’m hoping Cole or Joe step up tomorrow and at least keep this competitive

The Sports Information Director. Show him the video from a phone and tell him I can't comment because I haven't reviewed the tape yet. This is Soo simple and easy. Yet there was probably no prep for the presser and he tried justifying it or whatever that was. It's embarrassing.
He’s 78 years old and in his last couple years of coaching. He wants to go to the tournament and he knows buddy is big part of the minuscule chance they have to do that. Hes never given a crap what people think about him.

All of those are why that statement was made the way it was, he’s not dumb and he knew what he was doing. It just didn’t work. At the end of the day, this is a footnote at best of his career but it could’ve had a lasting effect had it worked.

What a boneheaded, selfish, move
He's part of the family, literally, and has had a career with some highlights so ultimately this will be a footnote in his legacy.

But you're absolutely correct. This is one of the stupidest things a Syracuse basketball player has ever done on the court, and other players that haven't built up the equity Buddy has would be getting SKEWERED on here for similar.

Last edited:
Why didn't the refs call a foul when Cole went for a dunk and was smashed on the head? That was intentional, why doesn't that player get a suspension at the start of next year?
exactly...if that hit went viral on social media though...THEN thats probably what would actually happen

imagine how different all games would be with retroactive cleaning up of every call...there is no balance to it all, imo

you see in the NBA how the last 2 minute report often has egregious reffing errors...but they still let the otucomes stand as is...

People that are saying he shouldn’t have been suspended are kidding themselves. If this happens against us every one of you would be at the top of the mountain yelling and screaming for repercussions. The only reason you disagree is because you think it is a witch hunt against Jim and it’s not!!!

Pretty telling when I have heard every talking head say he should be suspended. Even Mad Dog Chris Russo. I get he was frustrated but there is cameras everywhere. You cant close your fist and swing. Even in football that is an automatic ejection or suspension. There are things you cant do. Totally out of character by buddy. But unfortunately he has to live with the consequences when he does something like this. It was obvious and clear, it was not part of the game of basketball.
if the punch was to the face, yes...

but this specifc "punch" wasnt really all that...what chance was there that it would actually harm wilkes?

do you think wilkes is feeling that punch now? do you think theres a bruise? lol no way.

wilkes himself said he doesnt think it should be anything! i think that matters

Dress up as this guy and coach the team.
Jim-Boehiem2-Syracuse-reduced.bmp
Dapper Dan.

but this specifc "punch" wasnt really all that...what chance was there that it would actually harm wilkes?

do you think wilkes is feeling that punch now? do you think theres a bruise? lol no way.

The only screw up by the officials was not reviewing it live.

Buddy owns this, it was a really dumb play, especially being up big at the time. Reviewing it live should have occurred. A suspension after a likely ejection is a fairly likely scenario too given it was a punch and Wilkes' bump hardly qualifies as enough to merit such a reaction.

I think the argument that calling it live ensures he plays vs Duke is far from accurate.

I dont understand this...we know Jackson is in the old boys club thanks to Jimbo. BUT IT ALREADY HAPPENED. MOVE ON!

Buddy did a non- sportsman act and not that big of a deal. In today’s climate the ACC needed to respond and in my opinion over did it. Me, Buddy would have sat the first half. So take it as a lesson learned. Somehow life will go on!
IDOC

JB needs to open his presser after the Duke game, win or lose, with "I will only comment about the game. period. Ok?" This has disaster written all over it if he comments on Buddy.
If we somehow win tomorrow, JB will go nuts on the press for saying that Buddy's college career was over (even though he has said multiple times that we can't handle Duke.)

exactly...if that hit went viral on social media though...THEN thats probably what would actually happen

imagine how different all games would be with retroactive cleaning up of every call...there is no balance to it all, imo

you see in the NBA how the last 2 minute report often has egregious reffing errors...but they still let the otucomes stand as is...
Is there a statute of limitations on these things? Can we go combing thru old tape on Duke and dig up some petty little things that could be considered a "punch"? If Buddy had would up and swung, especially at the head, then I would say yes, he's out. But I can imagine you can find on tape many similar things like he did today which have never seen the light of day.

It doesn’t matter if it left a mark or not. If buddy takes a massive windup and misses the same thing happens. YOU CANT THROW A PUNCH!!! Really nothing to argue here. It’s something you just can not do! If you don’t understand that, then I can’t help you.

Is there a statute of limitations on these things? Can we go combing thru old tape on Duke and dig up some petty little things that could be considered a "punch"? If Buddy had would up and swung, especially at the head, then I would say yes, he's out. But I can imagine you can find on tape many similar things like he did today which have never seen the light of day.
Has to be reviewed at the next dead ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom